Very long load times for new aircraft/airport/scenario etc 20-30 seconds or crashes

Dips

I don't know if it is combination of updating to 9.5s or just the fact I went on a download spree but clicking to a new aircraft or airport etc takes over 20 seconds to get to the list then 10 seconds to load for every single one i scroll past then another 20 seconds to load which ever one I choose or it freezes and crashes. Did I get too greedy with downloading? Should I worry about deleting airports or aircraft or videos or maybe those airports just full of differenent stuff for building new airports. It takes a minute to get 1 single plane deleted so I wonder if delete EVERYTHING including program and reinstall will that fix this guys I cant use or play like this it really is painful? Silly me i must have imported 100 files in total planes/airports/videos etc. Most of the airports are just a shell with most things missing same with planes my screen is constantly listing errors. Thankyou. I wish I just had 9.5 stock standard again this is a nightmare to use now all sorts of bugs and crashes and bizarre things happening. I am walking away from it I cant use it like this. I've done computer shutdowns , with Avast cleaner then CCleaner, restart 9.5s but makes no difference. 6 times at least. I want my key back that STEAM robbed

Last edited:
9.5S does seem slower to me as well. I figured steams drm or something. I dont think you need to purge files I have 29+GigaBytes of files 750+AVs, 400-ish custom engines. 400-500 EA's. so I dont think you need to purge files. preview may need to be generated which is why it is taking a while to navigate the selector.

i am not sure how you imported airports and they are missing file they should come with all the files they need to be complete. unless they are using the older expansion pack and add-on airport objects which were "DLC" CDs from ten years ago

Do you use the top bar or the side bar to aircraft and airport select? the top one pauses the sim requiring fewer resources, the side one does not pause the sim.

2022-05-10 23_15_12-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg

side
2022-05-10 23_14_44-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg

the interlink side bar is half the time than the proper detailed top bar but still minimum 10sec for each AC I scroll past but thats after waitng 20sec to get to that list. Then another 20sec to load my selection or sometimes longer with a total crash

My argument to STEAM will be simple. This is not the RF I tried at the store and its not the RF I payed for and enjoyed. I want my key back that I payed for just 2 months ago

9.5S does seem slower to me as well. I figured steams drm or something. I dont think you need to purge files I have 29+GigaBytes of files 750+AVs, 400-ish custom engines. 400-500 EA's. so I dont think you need to purge files. preview may need to be generated which is why it is taking a while to navigate the selector.

i am not sure how you imported airports and they are missing file they should come with all the files they need to be complete. unless they are using the older expansion pack and add-on airport objects which were "DLC" CDs from ten years ago

Do you use the top bar or the side bar to aircraft and airport select? the top one pauses the sim requiring fewer resources, the side one does not pause the sim.

View attachment 129355

side
View attachment 129356
I will try get some screen shots for you. I did import some AC from older RFs I stopped when they were going back as far as RF8

View attachment 129355

side
View attachment 129356
Legoman I tried to it get screenshots by hitting tab so you could see screen of different errors etc then crashed. I'm back in now I've never done screenshot before so I'm not sure if its saving anything but doesnt show any sign that it is when TAB is pushed. Where would it save to?

if you are crashing on opening aircraft/airports and 20 secs to load that sound like a bad/slow drive or some other hardware problem that is well outside my field of expertise in RF hopefully someone else who is more versed in that field can chime in.

screen shots get save to documents/realflight 9/screen shots

Legoman I tried to it get screenshots by hitting tab so you could see screen of different errors etc then crashed. I'm back in now I've never done screenshot before so I'm not sure if its saving anything but doesnt show any sign that it is when TAB is pushed. Where would it save to?
hold the phone ! It has just started behaving normal time again.......stand by........

if you are crashing on opening aircraft/airports and 20 secs to load that sound like a bad/slow drive or some other hardware problem that is well outside my field of expertise in RF hopefully someone else who is more versed in that field can chime in.

Thank the RC heavens! It has just gone back to regular load times just like 9.5!!!! I am so happy! Thanks mate I really appreciate your time and help. It was slow for hours after many pc shutdowns and crashes but now is fine. No screens full of errors I quickly tried 2 planes 2 airports it is totally normal again

9.5you are crashing on opening aircraft/airports and 20 secs to load that sound like a bad/slow drive or some other hardware problem that is well outside my field of expertise in RF hopefully someone else who is more versed in that field can chime in.

no screenshots saved except 2 from 9.5 a few days ago. You are a good man thanks again. I will pray to the RC gods that never happens again. I thought I was stuck with it!

so strange. All aircraft and airports are complete too with nothing missing and no error code calligraphy. It was after the update to Steam but was back to normal with in few hours and I didn't do anything at all except run CCleaner, Spyware Blaster, Avast Antivirus, Drive updater and Cleaner, Malwarebytes a few times when rebooting or after a crash. I guess it is possible a drive updated but unlikely i had done an update less than 12hr before. I thought the worst but got lucky i guess. Beginners luck

I don't have RF9.5S, but... Does steam queue downloads & then complete them in the background? If it does, that could explain the fact that a bunch of stuff was missing when an airport that exists in its database hasn't completed downloading. Once the downloads all complete, things go back to normal. That seems likely with a bunch of simultaneous downloads.

Dips, that is incredibly bizarre. Have you seen anything like that since? I don't think there's any way that could be related to updates from Steam. It wouldn't be downloading an update to an application while it is running, for one thing. I suspect the culprit was something else executing on the computer, but I don't know what.

Back