Video: How to set up a controller in RF 8.00.044 or later

Jeremy Babbar-Sebens

Administrator
Staff member
Video: How to set up a new controller in RF 8.00.044 or later

Here's a brief video that demonstrates setting up an 8-axis joystick in RF8.

The mapping system works a bit differently now, so a demo seemed in order.

You don't need to do this for InterLink controllers, or when using the WS1000 dongle with a Spektrum radio. This procedure applies to other controllers that show up as Windows game devices but don't have a built-in profile in RealFlight.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. I have a friend who got RF8 yesterday and has been struggling getting his radio set up. It won't be a factor for long though as I talked him into buying an Interlink which he will have in a few days.

Thank you for this. I have one question: What if one transmitter-control controls two different channels (say Channel ‘A’ and ‘B’)? How can you tell the program that you are assigning one function-channel to input-channel A and another function-channel to input-channel B, when you are doing the same move on the transmitter? This will be the case for helicopters, as the left stick up/down controls both throttle and pitch. I'm struggling hard times right now to set up my JR XG8 transmitter for helicopter-flight. The program is mapped wrong and I have to re-map. When I move the left stick up/down it only recognize the channel for pitch, and never the channel for throttle. I’m not able to assign any channel to throttle. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Thanks for the excellent video It helps me understand how to program my transmitter (DX 8 G2) to the RF simulator.

RF8 setup

I followed the advice and video but when I configure the Throttle the Rudder goes unassigned. When I configure the Rudder next then the Throttle goes unassigned. Am I doing something wrong as this is all new to me. I am using a Taranis X9D+ with XSR-SIM USB dongle. CH1 Ail, CH2 Ele, CH3 Thr, CH4 Rud. Also they do not show Proportional or Axis only Rotary. Mode 2.
I also noticed when I try to check out the plane there is "flutter" on elevator and ailerons even without moving the sticks!

OK ... i’m still looking for the perfect combination with my DX6i

In RealFlight you have this settings for the controller with the WS1000

Channel 1 - Aileron
Channel 2 - Elevator
Channel 3 - Throttle
Channel 4 - Rudder
Channel 5 - Dual Rates
Channel 6 - Flaps
Channel 7 - Smoke
Channel 8 - Mode

So, if i would like the perfect allocation for flying drones, could you please say which stick to move in what direction to assign to what channel if i fly in mode 2?

This way i know that the controller configuration in RealFlight is OK so i could continue working with the configuration of the settings in the Spektrum DX6i

Throttle and pitch

Thank you for this. I have one question: What if one transmitter-control controls two different channels (say Channel ‘A’ and ‘B’)? How can you tell the program that you are assigning one function-channel to input-channel A and another function-channel to input-channel B, when you are doing the same move on the transmitter? This will be the case for helicopters, as the left stick up/down controls both throttle and pitch. I'm struggling hard times right now to set up my JR XG8 transmitter for helicopter-flight. The program is mapped wrong and I have to re-map. When I move the left stick up/down it only recognize the channel for pitch, and never the channel for throttle. I’m not able to assign any channel to throttle. Very frustrating.
I have the same question/problem. Did any one responde yet?

Back