Website issue with 2560x1440 monitor.

Mikeymike21

Had this issue ever since i've upgraded to a 1440p set up. Everything is just a bit too small, I am aware of the zoom feature but wondering if it's possible this can be adjusted on the web developers end?

Attachments

• rf.jpg
    rf.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 9
Is it just on this MB? Have you tried changing your display settings in Windows? When I upgraded from 23" 1080p to a 27" 1440p monitor I had to adjust it HERE to make things look "right": display.jpg That pretty much fixed it for all my Windows applications and the desktop itself. I could have gone up even farther, but that seemed to be "good enough." Using zoom in FireFox works, too, but the zoom setting there seems to be specific to particular web sites, not overall.

1440p is higher resolution than 1080p, so there will be more dots on the screen which in turn makes everything appear to be smaller for the same size monitor (24", 27", whatever). Windows scaling (described in the post above) is the way to adjust how Windows presents all fonts and icons.

The Web server can't adjust that for you. But Chrome will remember a zoom setting for specific Web sites, so if you're using Chrome then just increase the zoom level right now (Ctrl-Mouse Wheel, or thee dot menu > Zoom) and it should stick.

FF, Edge, etc. do that too. But that doesn't do anything for the tiny icons on the desktop, the small print in a word processor, etc. Adjusting the scale under display settings fixes it everywhere, not just one browser tab/window.

Back