What are the magic words?

Hi all.
Got a question about the naming conventions/labels.
I know about these:
LG, RG, SG = Landing gear
LW, RW, SW = Wheels
2Stroke, 4Stroke, Electric = Different motors/ engines to show
Spinner = The hub spinner
MainHub = Helicopters
But what are the labels for Airplanes and Drones
Can we 'stack' labels? Example: Have different gear for different power type? ~CS_2Stroke_SG ~CS_Electric_SG

Thanks to all and I hope you're enjoying the aircraft.
Stefan

"Fuselage" It is the root frame and it is the parent of all other parts.
So with a multi rotor you will have a Fuselage parent to the number of arms each of which will be named ~CS_Tailboom1 through the total number of arms present.
Those will be parent to their own corresponding ~CS_EnginePivot and finally as children of the EnginePivot you have ~CS_Spinner and ~CS_Engine each of which will have the same number suffix as the tailboom they belong to.
The part of your model that will visually rotate will be your ~CS_Spinner objects. E.g. motor bells (outrunner motors) and prop nuts.
~CS_Engine is a piece of geometry that will not render in the game and its pivot serves as the position to show the prop.

SPINNIE THING IS SPINNING! and cleared canopys.

After who knows how many hours of futsing with things I got them.

This is how:

~CS_SPINNER1
~CS_ENGINE1

Those spellings WITH numbers and with the Engine# PARENTED to Spinner# .

Nothing says anything about proper parenting. Nothing. a small but VERY critical piece of info not being shown.

Also got my canopies clear.
Need the name ~Canopy on a material AND have the canopy in the texture file (*.tga)

They (RF Mods) need to update this page: < Badly IMHO>

thanks to all.

ps sorry about the caps.

SPINNIE THING IS SPINNING! and cleared canopys.

After who knows how many hours of futsing with things I got them.

This is how:

~CS_SPINNER1
~CS_ENGINE1

Those spellings WITH numbers and with the Engine# PARENTED to Spinner# .

Nothing says anything about proper parenting. Nothing. a small but VERY critical piece of info not being shown.

Also got my canopies clear.
Need the name ~Canopy on a material AND have the canopy in the texture file (*.tga)

They (RF Mods) need to update this page: < Badly IMHO>

thanks to all.

ps sorry about the caps.
Do you have the G4 Artists Reference PDF? I'll put a link to where you can get it below. The link to the PDF is on the bottom of the page. There's several good things on that page.

https://forums.realflight.com/KEmax/tutorials.php

Yes and I did read through it and the other tutorials, tho some are out of date.
But evidence my SeaMasterII_EA here and the screenshot.. The ~CS_Spinner and ~CS_Engine are properly spelled and parent/child and it still doesn't work.
The only way I got those to work was by adding a number to the names and making the ~CS_Engine# a child to ~CS_Spinner#

Attachments

• SMII_PodChilds.png
    SMII_PodChilds.png
    540.7 KB · Views: 4
BTW I just looked again, The G4 Artist Ref says the correctness for single Spinner and Engine is:
~CS_Spinner1 and ~CS_Engine1
You are correct they are shown in the G4 Artist Ref PDF. The ones I mentioned are shown in the KE Plane Tutorial that's where I got it when I first started modeling.

Here's a quote from it and a link to it. Look under Propeller & Engine Setup.

Both the ~CS_SPINNER and ~CS_ENGINE should, by default, be linked to the Fuselage for most single engine aircraft. Some multi-engine setups require that these components be linked to other parts of the mesh such as the wings.

Yes and I did read through it and the other tutorials, tho some are out of date.
But evidence my SeaMasterII_EA here and the screenshot.. The ~CS_Spinner and ~CS_Engine are properly spelled and parent/child and it still doesn't work.
The only way I got those to work was by adding a number to the names and making the ~CS_Engine# a child to ~CS_Spinner#
The ~CS_SPINNER1 and ~CS_ENGINE1 are shown in CAPS. I'm not sure if CAPS is required I've never tried it I do it that way because I saw it that way in the RF docs. You might try making them children of the ~CS_Pod if changing them to CAPS doesn't work. I've never seen a ~CS_2Stroke_40E and I usually see ~CS_2STROKE in CAPS.

Parent Parts.jpg

Last edited:
Back