What can I expect from 4.5 to 6 upgrade?

DavidS

As a casual 4.5 version user of mostly giant scale airplane for IMAC or 3D warmup practice, what significant difference should I expect with the 6.0 upgrade? I understand the heli pilots are pleased with new physics.

I also fly some custom giant models from version 3.5 and 4 and an Ultrastick and Radian glider. Will these models be lost in migration?

Will I be pleased, overall with 6.0 or likely need "tweeks" to the giant Extra 330 or Yak 54 models?

How practical is it to revert or "rollback" installation to 4.5, if desired?

6 has the best phisics yet, how ever we are still trying to figure out how to get the best performance in 6. "I" think most, if not all older versions of EAs will have to be tweked once opened in RF6. It is going to take a while for us to understand the concept changes in the phisics.

6 will let you import lower version files.
I've noticed quite a few custom models fly different enough in 6 to notice the change.
So, yes, many models will need tweaking.

You will not lose 4.5, you can keep both versions on the same PC.

There are also migration tools to automatically put all of your models from 4.5 into RF6. That tool will not tweak the physics.

G4.5 and G6 Should coexist on your computer with not problem. So no roll back if you want to use G4.5 you just Run the G4.5 launcher when you rather run it.

Back