What do I need to use RF with my NX8?

jobinseattle

What do I need to use RF 9.5 with my NX8 without buying a dongle. I bought the RFL1015
(RF Transmitter Interface Adapter Cords) I think I bought the wrong thing. Do I need a usb to 1/8 stereo jack. Not sure if I am over thinking this.

What do I need to use RF 9.5 with my NX8 without buying a dongle. ... Not sure if I am over thinking this.

In reverse order, yes, you are way over-thinking this.

Your NX8 (NX10) comes with a usb cable (the mini usb plug is a quick release mag connect too). So, the mini usb plug plugs into the back of the NX8 (NX10) and the usb cable mag clips to that !

In your NX8 (NX10) setup you will need to activate your usb connection; then you can plug the usb cable into your PC or notebook for running Rf9.5.

When the NX8 (NX10) is in usb mode the transmitter is quiesced (the orange transmitter light goes out) so that its now a "controller" but not radiating (RF). Also, while its plugged into your PC (or notebook) your NX8 battery is being 'recharged' too.

If you have the latest patches to Rf9.5 then the sim will Select Controller Editor should recognize the NX8 and give you the 'right' profile. It mostly just works.

PS edit: the only problem (and my only complaint) is that the supplied usb cable is way too short; I use a 3' usb extension on my setup.

I have the NX10, and I find that I'm using that most of the time these days... but I still use the InterlinkDX controller too.

marcus

Last edited:
Hey now @marcushh777. Since you seem to know things, is this also true for the NX6? Mine came with no cables so is it just a regular Micro USB cable I need? (ie Micro-B to Type-A - see here)

I'm searching all the official documentation and product pages and they make it seem like buying the WS2000 wireless dongle is the only way to do it. There is zero mention of connecting any of the NX txmitters via USB directly (for use with RF9.5) anywhere that I could find.

Thanks.

EDIT - on deeper searching of this forum I see where some have said that the NX6 should just work with RF9.5 via usb cable. I plugged a regular usb cable from my computer to NX6 and then checked windows "game controllers" panel and I see *some* movements (ie I see the gimbals and the panic button and also I think the mode switch, but none of the other switches seem to activate anything in the joystick panel.)
Is this correct? Will RF pick up the other switches then in-game?

Just wanna be sure before I spend money on software download (w/o the Interlink tx.)

Thanks.

Last edited:
I use NX8 with an USB cable.. works just fine. Just make sure that the usb cable can transfer data, as some are for charging only. You´ll notice if it´s the right one, when Windows announces that a Spektrum radio has been identified. Then in RF do a controller setup, but it should work right away. But to be on the safe side, calibrate the controller.

the usb connection is so weak on the nx - it should only be used for charging, repeated use with RF9 will cause failure... use the ws2000 and save a few headaches

It would be really great if telemetry info could be sent and received over USB too wouldn't it - for those using capable transmitters as controllers.

It would be really great if telemetry info could be sent and received over USB too wouldn't it - for those using capable transmitters as controllers.
All the info you could ever need is provided in the NaviGuides Gadget. You don't even need to look down at your transmitter to get the info. It is very customizable.

All the info you could ever need is provided in the NaviGuides Gadget. You don't even need to look down at your transmitter to get the info. It is very customizable.
Ah ok I will upgrade rf! That is great - I was also wondering though if the transmitter could receive telemetry data to further replicate the real experience during practice.

Ah ok I will upgrade rf! That is great - I was also wondering though if the transmitter could receive telemetry data to further replicate the real experience during practice.
To be clear, Navguides have been a thing since the early days of Realflight. It is a Gadget you can edit. If you have a previous version of Realflight you most likely have the same feature. It doesn't send anything to the transmitter as the connection is a one way only connection, like a game controller.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

In reverse order, yes, you are way over-thinking this.

Your NX8 (NX10) comes with a usb cable (the mini usb plug is a quick release mag connect too). So, the mini usb plug plugs into the back of the NX8 (NX10) and the usb cable mag clips to that !

In your NX8 (NX10) setup you will need to activate your usb connection; then you can plug the usb cable into your PC or notebook for running Rf9.5.

When the NX8 (NX10) is in usb mode the transmitter is quiesced (the orange transmitter light goes out) so that its now a "controller" but not radiating (RF). Also, while its plugged into your PC (or notebook) your NX8 battery is being 'recharged' too.

If you have the latest patches to Rf9.5 then the sim will Select Controller Editor should recognize the NX8 and give you the 'right' profile. It mostly just works.

PS edit: the only problem (and my only complaint) is that the supplied usb cable is way too short; I use a 3' usb extension on my setup.

I have the NX10, and I find that I'm using that most of the time these days... but I still use the InterlinkDX controller too.

marcus
UK THERES A LEGIT REASON WHY PHONE' WIRES & ACCESSORIES WIRES ARE ONLY 3'. THE REASON IS THAT THEY DO IT ON PURPOSE SO YOU WON'T USE UR DEVICE WHILE CHARGING PERFECT EXAMPLE PHONE WIRES R SMALL SO YOU WON'T USE WHILE CHARGING AGAIN BECAUSE IT'S REALLY BAD TØØ USE UR PHONE WHILE IT'S CHARGING BATTERY 🔋 UR NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TØØ PUT UR PHONE AGAINST UR HEAD BECAUSE OF THE RF SIGNALS 🤦‍♂️

Back