What is this doo doo?

mikaelkas

I can run halflife alyx on High settings

ryzen 1800x
Rtx 2080Ti
32Gb ram

But when i run this in vr it drops to 45 in low settings and physics runs at 90
if i go for high setting... it drops to 45 also

From what I understand, that is about what is expected for VR in RF.
Anything 30 and above is considered acceptable.
Movie camera's were run at 24 fps and was considered the speed acceptable for catching "good" motion characteristics without using "too much film".
When using VR, RealFlight is not extremely fast running.

You may want to search other forums for more info.

unusable. when i do a flyby the wings are double,
And today without vr fps 500 and physics around 1000
i will keep looking for solutions,
My feeling is, not optimized at all for vr its just a selling point

Like most VR supported apps you need to find settings that work best for your pc and VR system. VR is still not plug and play. RF9 looks and works very well with my Vive Pro, together with my Spektrum Interlink DX controller. Much better than with my Oculus Rift (= washed out colors and night sky color banding).

If you want a better VR experience I suggest you get Aerofly RC8. This looks and works great with both these headsets and my Spektrum Interlink DX controller. It does cost 2x as much as rf9 but no big deal if you are a true VR enthusiast imho.

I get 1,200+ fps with the same video card on the highest settings possible... Something is up with your settings or set up.. I would check drivers and see if there is an update. I also use a Vive and get a solid 90fps with it I have a 7700k@5Ghz and 32gb ram on my setup with the 2080ti.

csgill75 Said: " I also use a Vive and get a solid 90fps with it I have a 7700k@5Ghz and 32gb ram on my setup with the 2080ti."

WOW …. I'm so far behind … I don't get 90 fps without VR. I'm happy when I can get a solid 30 fps, and I'm NOT using the highest graphics settings.
Good system and you fined tuned your system well!

I get 1,200+ fps with the same video card on the highest settings possible... Something is up with your settings or set up.. I would check drivers and see if there is an update. I also use a Vive and get a solid 90fps with it I have a 7700k@5Ghz and 32gb ram on my setup with the 2080ti.

Resolution?
I use 2k

Resolution?
I use 2k

I'm using 1080p resolution @100Hz refresh rate, windowed (not fullscreen), and get +1200fps with 2D flatscreen. For non-VR RF9 does not benefit much with higher resolutions imho. While in theory your monitor res should not effect VR performance I have heard that it can effect some, as can fullscreen mode. So, maybe worth trying 1080p, windowed. If you are using very high monitor refresh rates you may want to try knocking them down a bit as well. I have a 144hz gaming monitor and I cannot honestly see any diffs above 100hz. Actually, my colors seem to look best at 100hz. Our local power is 50hz so if yours is 60hz you might want to try 120hz (ie multiples seem best). Good luck and I hope you manage to get rid of your VR doo-doo, lol!

Back