What We Fly

technoid, here we go :)
I've been a heli guy ever since. I started in 2010 when I was only 12 years old, flying a tiny Walkera 4G6. It was the worst helicopter I ever owned, but it taught me everything up to inverted hovering. It's on stock RealFlight, Novus CP 125 I think.

My next heli was a T-Rex 500 (also on RealFlight), which taught me to safely do some basic aerobatics like funnels and piroflips.

Then I got a LOGO 600 3D which I flew until I got a 2nd one sponsored by the company making them, those were soon converted to LOGO 600 SX (several upgrades to make them fly better and withstand stronger motors), I built this heli and put it on the swaps :) https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/20863

Along the way I got several smaller helicopters like a Blade nano CPX (on the swaps), Blade 130X (on the swaps, RIP), Blade 180 CFX, Forza 450 and the Oblivion 300+, a project a friend of mine and myself have been working on for some time, which is a 3D-printable, non-commercial helicopter. My friend designed most of it and I do the flight testing, it's held up to anything I could throw at it so far ;) Website: http://www.oblivion-heli.com

I also had a couple planes, a Nuri 163 from Küstenflieger and a UMX Beast, but those broke at some point under mysterious circumstances?

One of my 600s was the converted to LOGO 690 SX (690mm rotor blades, stronger drivetrain...), which leads us to the list of what I fly now:

-LOGO 690 SX
-LOGO 600 SX
-Forza 450
-Oblivion 300+
-Blade 180 CFX

And if you're interested in what I do with those, here's my YouTube channel :)
https://m.youtube.com/user/Johnny31297

Wow... I commend you for being able to man handle that extremely broken helicopter to the ground without crashing it, good job :D

I liked your youtube trailer it had great sound for an outside shot. I've done a bunch of video work for churches and outdoor video sound is a challenge.

Thanks for sharing.

What we fly - or build and try to fly

Hi, I am fairly new to this forum. I have been building and trying to fly with a varied degree of success, Dollar Tree foam board planes since January last year. Check out FliteTest (.com) for all their plans and tutorials. The RealFlight simulator has been a most excellent learning tool for me!

I like building them more than do flying them I think:
FT Simple Soarer - currently adapting 55mm edf to
FT - Bronco
FT - Explorer

Flyboyz Ridge Runner - Slope Soarer

Hi, I am fairly new to this forum. I have been building and trying to fly with a varied degree of success, Dollar Tree foam board planes since January last year. Check out FliteTest (.com) for all their plans and tutorials. The RealFlight simulator has been a most excellent learning tool for me!

I like building them more than do flying them I think:
FT Simple Soarer - currently adapting 55mm edf to
FT - Bronco
FT - Explorer

Flyboyz Ridge Runner - Slope Soarer

Very cool I'm glad you're enjoying the hobby it's got a lot to offer, keep up the good work.

technoid i have a list of most of the planes i still have all built by myself except for the Bud Nosen Citabria

-Goldberg 76.5 in Aniversary Cub on wheels and floats , O.S 70 FS. first plane i learned to fly on
-Dynaflite P-40 ASP 46
-Midwest Citabria 81 in wheels and floats , O.S 91 FS
-Bud Nosen 105 in Citabria on wheels , Enya 81 little under powered but flew scale like
-Sig Somethin Extra on wheels and floats , O.S 91 FS
-Scratch built from RCM plans Greatlakes Bipe wheels and floats , ASP 46
-Davey systems Stampe SV4 , O.S 56FS
-Goldberg Super Chipmunk wheels and floats , Saito 80 4 Stroke
-Goldberg Sukhoi Saito 150 4 stroke
- still in box a Sig Hog bipe
- Electrics
- GWS Spitfire foam park flyer
-Huskey wood framed with covering electric park flyer like a Citabria with flaps
- heli's
- Century Sport heli 50 in span
-Blade MSR
-other engines i seem to love 4 stroke engines :)
-Saito 81
-Saito 100
-Saito 81
-O.S 61 FS
- Enya 46 4 stroke
- scratch build a 24 in X 9.5 in beam retriever push tug for the float planes
- Saito 150
- i guess this kind of flys , over jumps :) a Traxxas 1/ 10 scale Rock - trail Bronco

Last edited:
I started in the 70's with the Helibaby and have flown helies ever since. I have take the challenge to fly someones fixed wing and, to there surprise I had no problems (to me fixed wing is like watching grass grow) as I think orientation is everything in RC flying. I am now into FPV racing and It's a hoot.

lol don't take it too serious, I was being sarcastic :) I had a list of all my models written, but then saw you didn't want helis, so I went with that instead.

I personally find it interesting to see what other people fly, no matter if heli, plane, quad or flying microwave ;)
is there a flying microwave on knifeedge?

I fly these birds:
Extreme Flight 105" Slick
Extreme Flight 94" MXS
Great Planes RV-4
World Models 120" Clipped Wing Cub
Pilot RC Trainer 90
Durafly Tundra
WMPF Highlander
Freewing 64mm A-10
Laines Planes Cuda
FliteTest Scout
Eflite Ultimate
Zeus
There's more but I can't remember them off the top of my head lol!

CarbonZ Cub SS 2.1m --- scale flight

Turbo Timber 1.5m (slats, blue trim) ---scale, STOL flight

Timber 1.2m (slats, green trim) ---STOL, 3D, aerobatics

Ultra Stick 10cc Hangar 9 ARF (electric, red/orange trim) ---aerobatic flight

Apprentice STS (gps and landing sensors) ---my trainer, but actually, you can do a lot with it!

PS edit: I can't list my heli (yet) because she hasn't had her maiden... all Sim work.

marcus

Last edited:
What I fly is in the tiny signature below. I need to get or build (have a Hangar 9 Cherokee ARF kit sitting) some RC airplanes. I do have a Night Vapor that's not listed.

Back