What will/Would you do to Earn the $'s to Get G4

Oh, but wait (yet again...) they just upgraded us with G3.5, so we don't need (and some don't even want) the "new" one.

Do you mean JUST as in 12-21-2006? (G3.5 beta version available) or do you mean JUST as in 1-19-2007?? (G3.50.044 version available)

Sorry to say but in the "life" of electronics (especially computers and computer software.......nearly a year is a LONG time) "But dear we just put in this orange and red shag carpet......now you want to replace it???!!) see the difference!!haha

Plus they just improved the physics and added more features ... just so that more people would by G3.5

The last "update" for 3.5 was back on 5-08-2007 not too long at that will be a half a year ago!!!! Again quite a while in the life of software (no, not a longtime.....but it's NOT outdated or antiquated at all)

AND they just released a NEW expansion pack just for G3.5!

Now this I agree with was JUST released 10-18-2007.........EXCEPT you fail to mention that this is NOT just for G3.5 as you state!! (Did you forget to add that little bit??.......or did leaving it out just make your complaining look better???????)

As has been stated in numerous threads ALL the expansion packs 1-4 ARE compatible and WILL work with G4. To be 100% honest.........everyone should be happy that KE made these compatible with G3.5!!!! Anyone think of that????? BUT NO....some people can only see the negative side of things!

Umm. Not that it matters, but the last "update" to G3.5 was 3.50.065 released to the public on 9/24/07 - less then a month ago.

So, can you name the software company, still in business today, that has released 4 new updates to their existing software, the last one just weeks before offering a new product (same program but updated software) to the public?

Oh, and I should add that they didn't offer the "new" product as an upgrade to their existing costumers ... I'll give you 3 guesses ... oh never mind take as many gueses as you'd like. ;)

Last edited:
Johndou do you want us to all pitch in a purchase you a copy??? Or will you complain about that also???

the last one just weeks before offering a new product

Well this should show that they have been interested and focused on keeping G3.5 as great as possible. You know it has taken longer than 9-24-2007 till now to create G4........so that means they haven't forgotten about G3.5 and they probably will keep it up!!!

Last edited:
pplace said:
Well this should show that they have been interested and focused on keeping G3.5 as great as possible. You know it has taken longer than 9-24-2007 till now to create G4........so that means they haven't forgotten about G3.5 and they probably will keep it up!!!

I'm pretty sure you have the right idea, pplace.

Johndou, would you have preferred it that they DIDN'T release updates for G3.5? You seem upset that they're moving on to G4 and (supposedly) leaving G3.5 users in the dust. Yet the tone of your last post suggests you're also upset that they're continuing to support G3.5... I don't get it.

I'm noticing you don't really ever have anything positive to say about G4... or G3.5, or KE/GP in general. I have to wonder why it is you continue to hang around here if you're so displeased.

1942 said:
I'm pretty sure you have the right idea, pplace.

Johndou, would you have preferred it that they DIDN'T release updates for G3.5? You seem upset that they're moving on to G4 and (supposedly) leaving G3.5 users in the dust. Yet the tone of your last post suggests you're also upset that they're continuing to support G3.5... I don't get it.

I'm noticing you don't really ever have anything positive to say about G4... or G3.5, or KE/GP in general. I have to wonder why it is you continue to hang around here if you're so displeased.

I love the way you guys like to twist things ... what gives you the idea that I'm "upset"? :rolleyes:

I love the fact that KnifeEdge has created a new and better R/C flight simulator.

I don't like the attitude that KE has shown to their costumers in the past, specifically Jim Bourke's comments. I don't like the lack of communication coming from the admins. I don't happen to think they're making the best "introduction" of G4 and I don't happen to think that they've given their existing customers anything close to proper consideration. Why haven't GP and RealFight announced G4 on their website? Why hasn't Hobbico announced G4 on their websites? Why doesn't Tower Hobbies have an announcement on their site?

By the way I see no reponse to the questions I've posed ... what company in their right mind would purposely undermine an existing product by introducing an "upgrade" to that product that does not support large portions of the old one - and do it less then a month after an upgrading?

And, since no one else seems to be bringing up these points, I am ... but, upset? you've got to be kidding - LOL... :D I have more importat things to be upset about ... and I'm not upset about them either! ;)

John.
Would you be kind enough to make these points and Questions in another thread (maybe make your own thread).

IE. If you are not keeping in theme with the Thread then Please refrain from Posting in it.

It may be a Benefit to post those Questions in a new thread. See if they get answered :)

Good luck.

Bryce.

HX3D014 said:
John.
Would you be kind enough to make these points and Questions in another thread (maybe make your own thread).

IE. If you are not keeping in theme with the Thread then Please refrain from Posting in it.

It may be a Benefit to post those Questions in a new thread. See if they get answered :)

Good luck.

Bryce.

You're right Bryce .... I appologize! Didn't intend to hijack your post.

Go to my thread, John, questions to the" Adminstrators/Designers...." Your comments are similar to mine, as are your thoughts!

Now back to funny, I'm keeping my Klondike Bar and I'll give them my ex-girlfriend!!! :D

John. Thanks (Rhetorical)

Ven2s;
lol. Please provide a picture of Ex (Preferably one that has not been Edited to include a Fake mustache and some hideous Scars ; )

Well, when the time comes, I'll have to quit the Chip-n-Dales team, and sell photos of my incredibly buff physique on ebay, so I may have enough money to buy G4, and a REAL airplane!

Charles

Back