What would cause Duplicates

Deewng

I just started recieving the below message upon startup.:confused:

RealFlight encountered a problem scanning the list of: Vehicles. Objects were found with duplicate names.
A log of these errors has been written to: C:\Users\Wes\Documents\RealFlight G5\Logs\ResourceConflict.txt.
RealFlight encountered a problem scanning the list of: Base Vehicles. Objects were found with duplicate names.
A log of these errors has been written to: C:\Users\Wes\Documents\RealFlight G5\Logs\ResourceConflict.txt.

What exact version of RF are you running?

I am running 5.5 when I receive the message. When I open the log file it refers to it is about as straight forward as the message itself.

RealFlight found multiple objects named: V-22 Osprey
Old: o:\rfsim\image\Models\Vehicles\V-22 Osprey\V-22 Osprey.bse
New: C:\Users\Wes\Documents\RealFlight G5\Vehicles\CustomModels\V-22 Osprey.bse

\Temp\TMP\ME_Eagle.rfvehicle

02.rfvehicle

I have checked the data, colorschemes, vehicles, custommodels directories and found no duplicates.

Last edited:
Solution ??

Well in a round about way I may have found an answer to my issue.

In regard to using the migrating tool from 4.5 to 5.x it works but in OS Win 7 it produces the side effect of my afore mentioned problem because of the way WIN7 directory structure works (refers to Documents/My Documents folder).
Because it is the same folder and can be referred to in two different ways it causes the false message of having duplicate aircraft listed.

Not a good thing but at least I got my answer thanks to Opjose's post 4 in using migration tools.

Removed "RealFlight G5" directory then ran RF G5. That created a new basic G5 install.
When run it behaved normally and no message.
Ran the G4.5 to G5.x migration tool which completed successfully. Re-ran the G5 and now it displays the Message on duplicate aircraft listing.

OS is Windows 7 Professional Highly recommend that you do not use the tool on this OS if you have a lot of Custom aircraft..

I've seen some conflict messages after running the tool, but these are non-fatal.

Usually these occur because the new RF5/6 content has objects that use exactly the same naming as the older user created content.

You can go in and delete the erroneous files after running the tool.

Make a note of the errors...

I don't believe RF5 gives you the ability to click on the error message itself...

DeeWing

RealFlight found multiple objects named: V-22 Osprey
Old: o:\rfsim\image\Models\Vehicles\V-22 Osprey\V-22 Osprey.bse
New: C:\Users\Wes\Documents\RealFlight G5\Vehicles\CustomModels\V-22 Osprey.bse <---- Delete this.

Back