When is Dx 11 coming

Bellah1z

Why won't the developer address the issue of using a 2 decade old graphics API that needs to be upgraded so we can get descent FPS in VR?

Last edited:
The current Game engine that RF runs on currently only works with DX9. RF-X was a try to get off of the DX9 API and it did work, but it was poorly optimized and limited in functionality. RF needs to be written from the ground up to work with newer API's and hopefully they do it in the future.

The current Game engine that RF runs on currently only works with DX9. RF-X was a try to get off of the DX9 API and it did work, but it was poorly optimized and limited in functionality. RF needs to be written from the ground up to work with newer API's and hopefully they do it in the future.

I bought RFXwhen it was released and I still use it and it is still a superior product to RF9.5.

It is a shame they gave up.

..... RF needs to be written from the ground up to work with newer API's and hopefully they do it in the future.

Sounds Like an impossible task for a company with limited resources. But I hope they try. Anyone know if they were successful hiring the new programmer they were after ??? If not, they may not be working on RF-10 !

Back