WHY?????

nataliacd1972

I can't understand why they change us all to DX11 when we are not even close to having at least the quality of DX9
In 1 hour I have seen that:
- As in the beta, the full screen resolution cannot be changed.
- I cannot activate Normal Maps, since countless textures remain black
- In most of helicopters (stock and custom) an artifact (like a shadow) appears next to the rotors at certain angles and lighting
Please return us to DX9 so that those of us who have that possibility can continue enjoying the simulator (I at least have 7.5 to which I will return if it is not done)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    99.5 KB · Views: 3
  • fallo1.jpg
    fallo1.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 14
  • fallo2.jpg
    fallo2.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 13
  • fallo3.jpg
    fallo3.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 15
  • fallo4.jpg
    fallo4.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 15
  • fallo5.jpg
    fallo5.jpg
    711.5 KB · Views: 14
  • fallo6.jpg
    fallo6.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 14
  • fallo7.jpg
    fallo7.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 15
- As in the beta, the full screen resolution cannot be changed.
I've explained elsewhere, but perhaps you haven't seen it. The option to tune the rendering resolution is on our to-do list.

- I cannot activate Normal Maps, since countless textures remain black
We were not seeing that issue with the textures. @legoman gave some useful examples in this thread and we will take another look at it.

- In most of helicopters (stock and custom) an artifact (like a shadow) appears next to the rotors at certain angles and lighting
Are you talking about this issue? We had not observed that before now. If you can supply more info about how to reliably reproduce it, please add it to that thread.

Please return us to DX9 so that those of us who have that possibility can continue enjoying the simulator (I at least have 7.5 to which I will return if it is not done)
We do plan to make the final DirectX 9 build available in a dedicated branch for a couple reasons as we move on, but we have identified a problem that prevents us from doing that immediately.

I've explained elsewhere, but perhaps you haven't seen it. The option to tune the rendering resolution is on our to-do list.

We were not seeing that issue with the textures. @legoman gave some useful examples in this thread and we will take another look at it.

Are you talking about this issue? We had not observed that before now. If you can supply more info about how to reliably reproduce it, please add it to that thread.

We do plan to make the final DirectX 9 build available in a dedicated branch for a couple reasons as we move on, but we have identified a problem that prevents us from doing that immediately.

Hi Ryan
The shadow problem in helicopters is the same as that reported by asj5547. I think it is a shadow problem that is created when the sun hits the bottom of the rotor. They appear to asj5547 when it is inverted because the sun is vertical in that scenario and the shadow appears below it. In Evergreen, which is where I noticed it, the sun is lower, and that is why it appears when I tilt the helicopter in the opposite direction to the sun and the shadow in this case is displaced to one side because it is the projection of the shadow depending on the position of the sun.

I think that the decision to develop a version in dx11, in addition to being necessary for many people, is going to be good for the evolution of the simulator, but I think it has been a mistake for us to move all of us to dx11 at this time because right now it is a clear regression about dx9. As we were, with the beta, whoever could not use dx9 had the possibility of using the beta, and even if it still did not reach the quality of dx9, at least they could use the simulator (they could not use any other version either).

I know that there are many people who don't understand anything about computers and having to change the beta can be difficult for them, but right now, if I can use an older version and I bought EVO, I would ask for an immediate refund since the quality is much worse and now It is sold as a finished product which is a beta, which I think is also important for the image of the brand itself

You already know that there are many people who think that it is not worth changing the version since there are hardly any significant changes between the versions at least since 7.5, only new planes and scenarios and perhaps the new interface, which not everyone likes either. I also think that if the difference in graphics with the other simulator widens, even temporarily, there may be people who will change...

Last edited:
@nataliacd1972 I was also surprised that the beta went live without forecast advice, while testing and reporting. Or maybe a quick survey asking opinions re go live, focusing on important items.

In any case, hats off to @Ryan Douglas and his Team for the incredible work.

At this point, an idea would be to recap all remaining issues, prioritize them and promote live asap if anything urgent. Suggest having a new beta thread as fresh start.

Note: I have added one picture along the posts discussing the shadow problem with helicopters. I think you're right regarding the sun.

Last edited:
Let's keep any detailed discussion of the heli-related rendering issue to the dedicated thread. I have moved one post there from this thread.

@nataliacd1972, you're talking about refunds, but all I see is a couple problems that didn't show up during initial beta testing and which we will address in updates. One of them might be new, though we can't say anything for certain yet (we've still been unable to reproduce it ourselves). One of them affected only certain custom models, hardly something that will impact all users, and we've already released a new update to address that.

Back