Win11 system 12th generation i9cup, NVIDIA geforce RTX 3050 Ti laptop GPU independent graphics card

robin74667

My laptop is win11 system, 12th generation i9cup, NVIDIA geforce RTX 3050 Ti laptop GPU independent graphics card, and can't run realflight9.5. Is it the graphics card setting problem or the support of DirectX 9 to update the new feature subset?

What happens (or doesn't happen) when you try to run it? Do you see anything, are there error messages, etc.?
Does your laptop come with two graphics adaptors? Mine did - a generic on the motherboard, and the added on NVIDIA. Took a bit of finagling to disable the onboard, so that everything ran through NVIDIA.

Select the helicopter model first, and an unknown error will pop up. Then, exit the simulator, and disable the on-board video card

DirectX 已更新DirectX12至最新版本

Attachments

• 屏幕截图 2022-09-03 120109.png
    屏幕截图 2022-09-03 120109.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I'm going to have to get me one of those i9cups! 😂
cpu-6.jpg

just playin', buddy. 😊

Last edited:
I'm SURE that there's a thread somewhere on the forum that talks about problems with non-English Windows & RF. I didn't pay much attention to it since I'm an English only midwesterner. I don't remember what the problems were, or even which version of RF was involved. But it might be worth looking for it. Or maybe try switching your installation to American English to see if anything changes.

I'm SURE that there's a thread somewhere on the forum that talks about problems with non-English Windows & RF. I didn't pay much attention to it since I'm an English only midwesterner. I don't remember what the problems were, or even which version of RF was involved. But it might be worth looking for it. Or maybe try switching your installation to American English to see if anything changes.
The original post looks English to me. Maybe you got confused by post #4, which appears to be Chinese. :unsure:

EDIT!!!
It looks like i'm the one who's confused because I didn't notice that both of those posts were made by the same user. 😁🤭

Last edited:
Today, Intel seems to have updated the driver of the graphics card, and now realflight can't run at all!😭😭😭
Intel has nothing to do with the nVidia GPU driver and cannot update it. The latest and greatest Nvidia driver works perfectly with RF9, I am using it myself. Make sure you installed the DX9 files required by Realflight, they should not be skipped or it won't work at all. Your system can have multiple versions of DirectX installed, you just show that DX12 is the latest, but You have DX11, DX10 and should have DX9 installed too. You can also try downloading DX9 directly from microsoft here:

As for the language issue, it has been an issue in the past, I am unfamiliar with a fix for that since I use English.

Intel has nothing to do with the nVidia GPU driver and cannot update it. The latest and greatest Nvidia driver works perfectly with RF9, I am using it myself. Make sure you installed the DX9 files required by Realflight, they should not be skipped or it won't work at all. Your system can have multiple versions of DirectX installed, you just show that DX12 is the latest, but You have DX11, DX10 and should have DX9 installed too. You can also try downloading DX9 directly from microsoft here:

As for the language issue, it has been an issue in the past, I am unfamiliar with a fix for that since I use English.
Thank you for your reply, but it still can't run after installation

Attachments

• 1662952372967.png
    1662952372967.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 14
I hope realflight can launch a Chinese version
Never going to happen.

You can use the search function on this forum for the error message you are getting, there are dozens of threads about this type of problem, and they are also applicable to you. Old versions of realflight work just like the new ones. The error you are receiving is an DirectX error, not really a Realflight error but this has been covered a lot over the years.

In looking through a few old posts about this error, they seem to indicate use of a non-supported video card - mostly on-board Intel. The laptop I am typing this on, as an example, was advertised as having a great, very recent, Nvidia card. And it does. But it ALSO came with a built in Intel graphics adaptor. It took me a bit, but one needs to completely disable the integrated Intel and make sure the Nvidia is the only device handling graphics.

According to the official reply, the NVIDIA geforce RTX 3050 Ti graphics card cannot be used alone for this laptop I am using. It seems that I can only change a laptop!

According to the official reply, the NVIDIA geforce RTX 3050 Ti graphics card cannot be used alone for this laptop I am using. It seems that I can only change a laptop!
That doesn't make sense. what is the make and model number of your laptop so some of us can look up the specs. We need the exact model to check. If you have a 3050 in your laptop then you should be able to use it.

Share with other forum members on what you did to fix the problem, good to hear you are now having fun with the Realflight Simulator

1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Change the preferred graphics processor in the management 3D settings to a high-performance NVIDIA processor (or other high-performance processors)

3. Set the PhysX processor to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU (your independent graphics card model)

After the above settings are completed and saved, you can run reallight perfectly

Back