Windows 7 x64 and G4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

r34p3rex

I tried installing G4.5 on my new Windows 7 installation and I can't seem to get it to work. It never asked me for my serial number. When I try launching the launcher, or the main exe, it tells me that i have an unknown product code.

I either get KEError 21051: Unknown Product Code. Or KEError 92994: Serial numbers are invalid or missing. You must run the RealFlight launcher and enter them before RealFlight will run.

Does anybody know where the serial is stored (be it an .ini file or the registry) so I can manually input them?

Call tech support.

As far as I know, the serials are encrypted in the registry. I don't think you can manually add them.

You need to contact tech support to get help with this issue. Information in the grey bar at the top of the page.

Thanks Chris McVey

Tech Support is a Joke

Tech support is a joke. I could not install RF G4.5 on my Win8 machine do to it's optical drive not working after the install (typical microsoft) I wanted to install the software from my thumb drive and they told me to buy an external optical drive. Tech support for realflight is lacking. I am getting the same errors after buying an external optical drive and wtf am I supposed to do now? I have a good serial number for both the software and the controller, but cannot enter them. I have used compatibility mode, I have run as administrator... still getting their dumb errors. How about stop worrying about someone stealing and cracking your DRM encrusted POS simulator and let the simple man just use his software that we spent a lot of money on (wish I didn't). There are many competitors, anyone on here tried any good ones? I'd like to start a thread and embarrass the poor creatures who keep coming out with higher and higher revisions of the same crap and not bothering to fix simple problems.

Tech support is a joke. I could not install RF G4.5 on my Win8 machine do to it's optical drive not working after the install (typical microsoft) I wanted to install the software from my thumb drive and they told me to buy an external optical drive.

So that is a hardware problem with your computer.

A methodical approach better serves you.

Have you copied all of the installation CD's to your machine to make sure they are completely readable?

Also:

You CAN copy the entire DVD/CD to a thumb drive and install from there.

If you have the files on CD's you need to create a DISK1, DISK2, DISK3 folder structure, copy the disks to each respective folder then edit the installation INI/INF files to reflect the new source locations... this is almost ( but not quite ) trivial to do.

Tech support for realflight is lacking. I am getting the same errors after buying an external optical drive and wtf am I supposed to do now? I have a good serial number for both the software and the controller, but cannot enter them. I have used compatibility mode, I have run as administrator... still getting their dumb errors.

You must right click on the setup file and run as administrator, however the installer may not have rights to the program files folder as it was written for a prior version of windows.

Your best bet is to use a Win7 TweakUI util from Overclockers.net and enable the administrator account in Windows 8, even if only temporarily, then log in as the administrator and do the installation from there.

You must also run the sim a few times as admin so the configuration files get created.

Since the sim reads and writes to the program files directory, you may also need to change the launcher settings in YOUR account for Realflight to elevate the sim's security rights when it is run. Normally Windows 8 prohibits programs from writing back to the "Program Files" folders.

How about stop worrying about someone stealing and cracking your DRM encrusted POS simulator and let the simple man just use his software that we spent a lot of money on (wish I didn't).

Installing the sim has absolutely nothing to do with DRM.

DRM in Realflight is extremely painless... it is one of the best schemes out... all you need is the Interlink plugged in and Realflight works, even if you install it on multiple machines... what is not to like about that?

Your stated problem is with installation.

There are many competitors, anyone on here tried any good ones? I'd like to start a thread and embarrass the poor creatures who keep coming out with higher and higher revisions of the same crap and not bothering to fix simple problems.

Wow a lot of useless venting there... sort of pointless to post it here too. We are all just "users" just like you.

You're running a fairly old version of the product developed for XP not Windows 8. Since you haven't kept up, you really haven't "spent a lot of money" on the sim...

Why on earth have you NOT purchased the $50.00 upgrade????

Changes to Windows security features have nothing to do with how good or bad Realflight is... it is just a problem you have run into with your newer machine.

You would have exactly the same problems with the other sims ( I know I've installed them ALL in Win8.x too ).

Methinks that the lack of the upgrade purchase, the complaints about DRM, coupled with the name calling of Realflight Tech support ( who are known to be QUITE good, just check all the posts here ) may indicate an illegitimate version??!

Else why have you not upgraded when the cost is so low and it gives you access to all of the free models, nor CALLED tech support?

Of course I'm speculating, but then history is a pretty good teacher.

Last edited:
I can assure you the "simple problem" you're experiencing, whatever it is, is not a common problem with our software. I'm not sure what that problem is, however. You've made some conflicting statements. Are you having problems installing your software, or are you having problems entering your serial numbers? I'm confused.

It might help if you provide the exact error message(s) you are receiving.

I have not tested G4.5 with Windows 8. But I have tested RF6.5, and I know it works. G4.5 was not designed with Windows 8 in mind because it was released well before Windows 8, but it was designed to work with Vista, which required a major shift in how things are done. So if RF6.5 works, I think it is quite likely G4.5 will as well.

There isn't much to go on in your post, but I suspect your problem lies outside the software itself.

Hey opjose

Hey opjose you want to continue adding to the demise of this forum or do you want it to flourish?

If you decide the latter I strongly suggest you resist the urge of replying to any new members in the future. Your demeanor sucks quite frankly. Case in point you're already calling this new guy a pirate when you don't know anything about him. Your obviously not a "people person" when it comes to the way you handle the new users around here and you've been acting like a pompous ***hole for years -why don't you give it a freakin rest already????????????????????????????????? Alot of the long time members cant resist treating the new guys like **** but you SIR are the KING:mad:

Hey opjose you want to continue adding to the demise of this forum or do you want it to flourish?

If you decide the latter I strongly suggest you resist the urge of replying to any new members in the future. Your demeanor sucks quite frankly. Case in point you're already calling this new guy a pirate when you don't know anything about him. Your obviously not a "people person" when it comes to the way you handle the new users around here and you've been acting like a pompous ***hole for years -why don't you give it a freakin rest already????????????????????????????????? Alot of the long time members cant resist treating the new guys like **** but you SIR are the KING:mad:

Really?

HRWatson68 is not new to the forum (06-04-2012), this is just his first post. Opjose say's it like it is and is probably the most knowledgeable person here when it comes to Realfligfht and computer issues with it. While your at it Google "HRWatson68". I think you'll find about 4 full pages of forums that he has joined with ONE post in them. G4.5 version was the most pirated version of the sim if you did not know. Why are you worried about this forum anyways? You have started your own and actually have the audacity to advertise here!

Last edited:
"Really?" Yes really.

This is just one example he has been doing this for years and you know it. Show me where it states that users can't put links to there own websites in there sigs and I will gladly remove it.

Funny how things work round here.....

A couple of months ago, I suggested the exact same thing. I was boo'd and hissed out of the forum and had Moderators called upon me.
I never once used offensive language to express my thoughts, and yet YOU, Oneder, came down on me like a tonne of bricks and got real insultive towards me for verbalising exactly the point that you make above.
Do you really think that your attitude above, is any more welcoming than what opjose wrote?

This is essentially what is responsible for the demise of this forum. Everybody is free to say what they want, but at the same time, they point to everyone else and say it is their fault the forum is dying.

Personally, if you had a problem with what opjose wrote, you should have approached him privately and discussed it, rather than come online and subject everyone else to such an unpleasant post.

I must add though, I wholeheartedly agree with you Oneder, but I do not agree with the way you have raised the issue. There are better ways to discuss things than to spatter people with abuse when you don't agree with them.

Last edited:
A couple of months ago, I suggested the exact same thing. I was boo'd and hissed out of the forum and had Moderators called upon me.
I never once used offensive language to express my thoughts, and yet YOU, Oneder, came down on me like a tonne of bricks and got real insultive towards me for verbalising exactly the point that you make above.
Do you really think that your attitude above, is any more welcoming than what opjose wrote?

This is essentially what is responsible for the demise of this forum. Everybody is free to say what they want, but at the same time, they point to everyone else and say it is their fault the forum is dying.

Personally, if you had a problem with what opjose wrote, you should have approached him privately and discussed it, rather than come online and subject everyone else to such an unpleasant post.

I must add though, I wholeheartedly agree with you Oneder, but I do not agree with the way you have raised the issue. There are better ways to discuss things than to spatter people with abuse when you don't agree with them.

"Oneder, came down on me like a tonne of bricks and got real insultive towards me for verbalising exactly the point that you make above"

What are you talking about? When did I come down on you like a "tonne of bricks", got a link or something?

There is no rule that say's you cannot post a link to your own page. I would just say that user created content using KEmax should be posted here as Knife Edge owns KEmax. If you decide to only post your creations on your page only, that's probably a violation of the EULA. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's your intent at all.
I like your page as it gives a lot more categories to discuss;)
As you noticed, I deleted my comment about spam in my last post.

I've been spending most of my summer outside flying "reason I haven't been around". Winter is on it's way and I'll be back flying the sim. I also plan on buying the new version like I have since 2005.

There is no rule that say's you cannot post a link to your own page. I would just say that user created content using KEmax should be posted here as Knife Edge owns KEmax. If you decide to only post your creations on your page only, that's probably a violation of the EULA. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's your intent at all.
I like your page as it gives a lot more categories to discuss;)
As you noticed, I deleted my comment about spam in my last post.

I've been spending most of my summer outside flying "reason I haven't been around". Winter is on it's way and I'll be back flying the sim. I also plan on buying the new version like I have since 2005.

Here is a copy of the kemax EULA, please point out any violations that I am guilty of?

I will fix any EULA violations right now.

Attachments

• KEMax EULA.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 9
"Oneder, came down on me like a tonne of bricks and got real insultive towards me for verbalising exactly the point that you make above"

What are you talking about? When did I come down on you like a "tonne of bricks", got a link or something?

Oneder, I do apologise for my previous statement. I went to grab a link to show what I was talking about and that is when I realized I had confused you with another member.
I should have checked my facts better before I posted and for that I apologise sincerely.

Unlike some members, I am happy to admit when I am wrong and apologise for being so. That is why I left my previous post intact and didn't just go back and edit it to make it look like I never made the accusation to begin with.

When I posted a couple of months ago, a few members in the discussion, returned to their posts and edited them to make it seem that I was personally attacking them, then reported me to Moderators for insulting them.

I don't modify circumstances to suit my needs. I am Man Enough to admit when I have made a mistake and I am willing to step up and apologise where it is needed.

I hope you understand where I am coming from and see that I made a mistake.
Again. I am sorry for the accusation.

All that aside, I still feel that your post to Opjose, could have been delt with in a much better way.

Oneder, I do apologise for my previous statement. I went to grab a link to show what I was talking about and that is when I realized I had confused you with another member.
I should have checked my facts better before I posted and for that I apologise sincerely.

Unlike some members, I am happy to admit when I am wrong and apologise for being so. That is why I left my previous post intact and didn't just go back and edit it to make it look like I never made the accusation to begin with.

When I posted a couple of months ago, a few members in the discussion, returned to their posts and edited them to make it seem that I was personally attacking them, then reported me to Moderators for insulting them.

I don't modify circumstances to suit my needs. I am Man Enough to admit when I have made a mistake and I am willing to step up and apologise where it is needed.

I hope you understand where I am coming from and see that I made a mistake.
Again. I am sorry for the accusation.

All that aside, I still feel that your post to Opjose, could have been delt with in a much better way.

No problem Aaaaaahhhaaaaaa. I just didn't remember ever having an issue with you, we all make mistakes;)

Your right it could've been handled better, I just felt like someone needed to point out the obvious.

Thankyou Onder for your understanding and again, I'm sorry for posting without having my facts straight.

I agree with you 100% too. Opjose's response is very typical of the type of response that new-comers receive time and again when they come to this site.

From my own experience, I was excited about this new software package that promised so much enjoyment. But within a short time, I realized that any time I voiced my opinion ( about things that people are complaining about in the forums still to today ) I would be hounded out of the forums for being clueless.
Let me ask this, what newcomer is well versed in the world of RC? Not a lot. And as this forum is the central meeting point for members, this is where newcomers come to learn the aspects of RC that they don't understand.
Instead, they get belittled and accused and driven from the forums, never post again.

I feel that this is one of the reasons that Admin feel that the biggest purchaser of their products are newcomers with Repeat Buyers being the minority, is because after being exposed to the attitude that can flare up on this Forum, who is gonna come back for another dose of that? After several attempts to get help and only recieveing abuse, they decide that RF is not for them.

Honestly, when it IS the best RC simulator on the Market, and KE just created the new Sub-Forum for RF7, why is it that there is almost NO BUZZ from the regular members?
I know of at least 15 people off the top of my head, who will upgrade without a second thought, but still never post in this forum. They are MASSIVE Realflight fans, yet want nothing to do with this forum.

I am also certain, that without the Unwelcoming Element on this forum, you would find many more people stepping up to share and create new content for the sim in a second flat.
But because of that element, those people only share privately and post nothing to swaps and contribute nothing to the forum.

I believe it is this very fact, that prevents KE from hearing what the Majority of customers would like to get from their Software Package. But whilst ever differing opinions are treated in the manner they are on here, KE will never hear the truth about their product or the forum.

Anyway, as someone who was a total addict of RF, I can vouch that is the Attitude on this forum is the main reason I won't be buying any more Realflight products.
When the undesirable element is removed from this forum, and ALL customers are free to express their opinion without being flamed and accused, I will consider buying Realflight again and contributing as well. As I am sure many of the members lurking each day would too. But whilst ever you have to deal with the undesirable element, it is just not worth the hassle and the Hypocracy.

Thankyou Onder for your understanding and again, I'm sorry for posting without having my facts straight.

I agree with you 100% too. Opjose's response is very typical of the type of response that new-comers receive time and again when they come to this site.

From my own experience, I was excited about this new software package that promised so much enjoyment. But within a short time, I realized that any time I voiced my opinion ( about things that people are complaining about in the forums still to today ) I would be hounded out of the forums for being clueless.
Let me ask this, what newcomer is well versed in the world of RC? Not a lot. And as this forum is the central meeting point for members, this is where newcomers come to learn the aspects of RC that they don't understand.
Instead, they get belittled and accused and driven from the forums, never post again.

I feel that this is one of the reasons that Admin feel that the biggest purchaser of their products are newcomers with Repeat Buyers being the minority, is because after being exposed to the attitude that can flare up on this Forum, who is gonna come back for another dose of that? After several attempts to get help and only recieveing abuse, they decide that RF is not for them.

Honestly, when it IS the best RC simulator on the Market, and KE just created the new Sub-Forum for RF7, why is it that there is almost NO BUZZ from the regular members?
I know of at least 15 people off the top of my head, who will upgrade without a second thought, but still never post in this forum. They are MASSIVE Realflight fans, yet want nothing to do with this forum.

I am also certain, that without the Unwelcoming Element on this forum, you would find many more people stepping up to share and create new content for the sim in a second flat.
But because of that element, those people only share privately and post nothing to swaps and contribute nothing to the forum.

I believe it is this very fact, that prevents KE from hearing what the Majority of customers would like to get from their Software Package. But whilst ever differing opinions are treated in the manner they are on here, KE will never hear the truth about their product or the forum.

Anyway, as someone who was a total addict of RF, I can vouch that is the Attitude on this forum is the main reason I won't be buying any more Realflight products.
When the undesirable element is removed from this forum, and ALL customers are free to express their opinion without being flamed and accused, I will consider buying Realflight again and contributing as well. As I am sure many of the members lurking each day would too. But whilst ever you have to deal with the undesirable element, it is just not worth the hassle and the Hypocracy.

Aaaaaahhhaaaaaa my 'content creator' forum proves everything you just said. Basically we (the content creators) got tired of waiting around for KE to fix what is wrong in there forum and instead created our own forum that doesn't have the problems you described. If you join my forum you get welcomed and we are anxious to help new users with there problems, we encourage others to make stuff and be creative. You can also just join and hangout and discuss whatever is on your mind. No hidden agendas.

onder,

I said probably, not that you were. I was thinking more in the lines that I hope you didn't or weren't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against your page and when winter comes around I would probably join if was was still welcome. I am by no means a custom creator but have thrown out some great idea's and did the research for them also. Some I had interest in but others I searched for as a request by modeler for a new build.

P.S. My intentions in the post that started this was to bring up (HRWatson68). I'm not saying this is fact but at this time of the year people show up and bash RF because there is a new release coming out. I've seen it year after year. Competition most likely. The thing that got me the most was your oblivious **** comments that were not really needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back