Windows 7 x64 and G4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Oneder, I am not interested in joining another RF. Forum. I have been watching your site since you first announced it and it looks good.
But to me, personally, I feel it just dilutes people's ability to get help. I know when I am having trouble with a software package, the Official Home Site often provides the best method of getting help and assistance. Reading about possible fix's on a Third Party site always comes accross as waaaay less trustworthy than the Official site.

Which is why I feel it would be better for members to unite and work towards making this forum more welcoming and a desirable place to be. Like it was about 3 years ago when KE welcomed ALL members to Participate in Beta Testing and frequently communicated with members.

But the attitude has been soooo lacking on here, that even Admin doesn't post here unless they want to sell you the latest RF. It's pretty bad when Admin doesn't even post here and a pretty sad sign when RF7 was announced on Tower Hobbies site before a single word was said here.
That's not the way it used to be. Being a member of this forum USED to mean that we would be privy to the latest news and updates because this is where announcements used to be made.

But after all the sniping of KE and Admin that has been going on over the last few months, I couldn't blame them one bit for not including this forum in the Announcement of their newest product. As soon as they did, the demands started immediately as though everyone is entitled to what they want and not happy with what they get.

I too am not happy with what I see in RF7, but no way do I feel entitled enough to start making demands and accusations.

Yet as a customer who LOVES RF. And has wanted nothing more than to be a part of the fun, I , and my opinion are not welcome by other members or Admin, yet the people who make demands and accusations, are welcome any time to the forum and Admin respond to those people and encourage them to stick around.

That there is the deciding factor in wether people post here or not and has a lot to do with their attitude when they do decide to post.

Hey oneider the pot is certainly calling the kettle black as seen by your response.

Interesting post from someone who is SOOOO helpful to others here.

Note: the "oneider" forum rules have not been posted by Knifeedge, nor have they been posted under your former aliases.

You can choose to ignore my responses. Otherwise thanks for the suggestion I have tossed it into the circular file where it belongs.

Until proven otherwise, I'll stand by my assessment of the situation. There are simply too many inconsistencies.

"Those who can not do, complain."

Last edited:
Hey oneider the pot is certainly calling the kettle black as seen by your response.

Interesting post from someone who is SOOOO helpful to others here.

Note: the "oneider" forum rules have not been posted by Knifeedge, nor have they been posted under your former aliases.

You can choose to ignore my responses. Otherwise thanks for the suggestion I have tossed it into the circular file where it belongs.

Until proven otherwise, I'll stand by my assessment of the situation. There are simply too many inconsistencies.

"Those who can not do, complain."

Again, opjose, there's that snotty and dismissive attitude that many people are complaining about and suggesting is causing the demise of this forum.
Yet, no matter how many people say the exact same thing about response's like yours, nothing will ever be done about it.

This is a great example of why people feel that the Forum has 2 sets of rules.

A few months ago, I was insulted by another member ( who is just as protected by Admin as opjose is ) and when I pointed out how this other member just insulted me, I was the one that got the infraction for Pointing out how rude the other member was being?????

Yet members like opjose, are free to say what they want, back-handed insult whoever they want and then totally dismiss them, with no retribution towards those members at all.

If this isn't indicative of why this forum is dying, then everyone may as well just give up on this software and forum. Because it is plain obvious, that unless you have your lips firmly pressed against Admin's backside, you will never be heard.
Not about the forum and not about the Software Product itself.

If you think that what I have said is totally wrong and misguided, then maybe YOU are part of the problem.

Also, Opjose, who made you the RF Dictective?? What right do you have to decide for yourself ( without a shred of proof ) that a person is a pirate??

I think if you are going to actively accuse a person of that, then YOU should be the one to prove it.
How dare you just decide that someone is a pirate and continue to treat them that way until they prove they are not. Why should they have to prove otherwise to you when you are nobody?

You are just another member like the rest of us and it's about time you started to remember that.

And I think Admin also need to recognise that and do something about it before everyone decides the same thing and leaves.

Have you not already pushed enough people away KE?

Also, Opjose, who made you the RF Dictective?? What right do you have to decide for yourself ( without a shred of proof ) that a person is a pirate??

I think if you are going to actively accuse a person of that, then YOU should be the one to prove it.

I asserted a simple deduction based upon the substantive evidence given. I don't really care if you agree or not no matter how many different logins you choose to use.

The rest is just noise.

What is the term used for someone who seeks to impose their will on others? Thanks for demonstrating the definition of that term.

Last edited:
Opjose, where did I try to impose my will on others?
I described what I saw as a problem and voiced my opinion. I'm sorry that you don't welcome other people's opinion and feel that what you say is the be-all-end-all of any discussion.

KE, don't you see that this is exactly what everyone is taking about?
If this forum was a Jury, opjose would have been gone long ago because the majority would say the same thing with only a minority that would disagree.

Opjose can politely insult anyone he wants, yet we can not politely discuss anything with him without that snotty attitude.

This is exactly what people have complained about for years. And yet nothing gets done about it.
Funny how RF is soooo popular, yet the forum is not.

Again, opjose, there's that snotty and dismissive attitude that many people are complaining about and suggesting is causing the demise of this forum.
Yet, no matter how many people say the exact same thing about response's like yours, nothing will ever be done about it.

This is a great example of why people feel that the Forum has 2 sets of rules.

A few months ago, I was insulted by another member ( who is just as protected by Admin as opjose is ) and when I pointed out how this other member just insulted me, I was the one that got the infraction for Pointing out how rude the other member was being?????

Yet members like opjose, are free to say what they want, back-handed insult whoever they want and then totally dismiss them, with no retribution towards those members at all.

If this isn't indicative of why this forum is dying, then everyone may as well just give up on this software and forum. Because it is plain obvious, that unless you have your lips firmly pressed against Admin's backside, you will never be heard.
Not about the forum and not about the Software Product itself.

If you think that what I have said is totally wrong and misguided, then maybe YOU are part of the problem.

How dare you just decide that someone is a pirate and continue to treat them that way until they prove they are not. Why should they have to prove otherwise to you when you are nobody?

You are just another member like the rest of us and it's about time you started to remember that.

And I think Admin also need to recognise that and do something about it before everyone decides the same thing and leaves.

Have you not already pushed enough people away KE?

+1 Aaaaahhhaaaa

I gave up on the forum after a week of owning RF as I was abused and insulted and given condescending replies every time I asked a question, had an opinion by the few people her that are allowed to say whatever they want and bagger noobs to this forum and to RF. Yet Ryan says nothing dose nothing to stop them from driving people into the ground and giving them no help etc. instead he just closes the thread when he sees fit, sticking up for them and Opjose, Jeffpn ect just keep doing it again and again and this should be stopped, also jeffpn's avatar should IMO be banned from using it as it stands for the fact that he dose not want to help anyone hence the head banging against the wall, how condescending is that and it is IMO against forum rules.

Last edited:
So that is a hardware problem with your computer.

A methodical approach better serves you.

Have you copied all of the installation CD's to your machine to make sure they are completely readable?

Also:

You CAN copy the entire DVD/CD to a thumb drive and install from there.

If you have the files on CD's you need to create a DISK1, DISK2, DISK3 folder structure, copy the disks to each respective folder then edit the installation INI/INF files to reflect the new source locations... this is almost ( but not quite ) trivial to do.

You must right click on the setup file and run as administrator, however the installer may not have rights to the program files folder as it was written for a prior version of windows.

Your best bet is to use a Win7 TweakUI util from Overclockers.net and enable the administrator account in Windows 8, even if only temporarily, then log in as the administrator and do the installation from there.

You must also run the sim a few times as admin so the configuration files get created.

Since the sim reads and writes to the program files directory, you may also need to change the launcher settings in YOUR account for Realflight to elevate the sim's security rights when it is run. Normally Windows 8 prohibits programs from writing back to the "Program Files" folders.

Installing the sim has absolutely nothing to do with DRM.

DRM in Realflight is extremely painless... it is one of the best schemes out... all you need is the Interlink plugged in and Realflight works, even if you install it on multiple machines... what is not to like about that?

Your stated problem is with installation.

Wow a lot of useless venting there... sort of pointless to post it here too. We are all just "users" just like you.

You're running a fairly old version of the product developed for XP not Windows 8. Since you haven't kept up, you really haven't "spent a lot of money" on the sim...

Why on earth have you NOT purchased the $50.00 upgrade????

Changes to Windows security features have nothing to do with how good or bad Realflight is... it is just a problem you have run into with your newer machine.

You would have exactly the same problems with the other sims ( I know I've installed them ALL in Win8.x too ).

Methinks that the lack of the upgrade purchase, the complaints about DRM, coupled with the name calling of Realflight Tech support ( who are known to be QUITE good, just check all the posts here ) may indicate an illegitimate version??!

Else why have you not upgraded when the cost is so low and it gives you access to all of the free models, nor CALLED tech support?

Of course I'm speculating, but then history is a pretty good teacher.

You know I wrote a reply 3 times to the above posts, and I deleted them all, so to keep it shorter I have replied with the following ... to those who actually tried to help without insulting me, thanks. I took tech supports advice and bought an external USB optical drive, and I have installed the software as administrator.to those who just couldn't resist being a troll, NO THANKS. Keep your insulting comments to yourselves. I said nothing to anyone on here except give my OPINION on Knife Edge tech support. I am entitled to my opinion, and if you don't agree with it, say so, but without the insults.

Bravo HRWatson68, well said. :)
I'm glad to hear you got your Legitimately Purchased Software to work and I hope your level of enjoyment just keeps on improving from here on.
Don't pay any attention to the people who insult you. They have an Over-Inflated sense of Self Worth.

If any of them were man enough, they would come back here an apologise to you for mis-treating you. Don't hold your breath though.

And remember, there are Some people here who WILL welcome newcomers and have a lot of wonderful advice to offer. Others just like to display how pompous they are. :)

You know I wrote a reply 3 times to the above posts, and I deleted them all, so to keep it shorter I have replied with the following ... to those who actually tried to help without insulting me, thanks. I took tech supports advice and bought an external USB optical drive, and I have installed the software as administrator.to those who just couldn't resist being a troll, NO THANKS. Keep your insulting comments to yourselves. I said nothing to anyone on here except give my OPINION on Knife Edge tech support. I am entitled to my opinion, and if you don't agree with it, say so, but without the insults.

Good to see you got your problem worked out. Don't expect any apologies from opjose anytime soon.

Keep your insulting comments to yourselves. I said nothing to anyone on here except give my OPINION on Knife Edge tech support. I am entitled to my opinion, and if you don't agree with it, say so, but without the insults.

You opened yourself up to it when you called the software "DRM encrusted POS simulator" and that you wanted to "I'd like to start a thread and embarrass the poor creatures who keep coming out with higher and higher revisions of the same crap and not bothering to fix simple problems." And you are surprised when someone insults you? You are being an ignorant asshat by even saying such things.

You bash tech support when they tell you to buy an external and then you go and buy one and it works. Way to be a troll. Go away. Gotta agree all the op on this one.

Good to see you got your problem worked out. Don't expect any apologies from opjose anytime soon.

You're absolutely right on that count.

When someone comes in and starts off by complaining about DRM, installation issues, and how they are going to embarrass KE by their posts, they are clearly trolling the forums....

And you, Aaaaaahhhaaaaaa & Whizgig simply can't read the writing on the wall.

---

HRWatson68 it seems like tech support told you the same thing I did which ended up solving your problem... isn't that strange eh?

And yet you elected to badmouth them.

Does everybody feel better now? No? Excellent.

HRWatson68's post was problematic for several different reasons (the tone, conflicting or missing info, strange accusations ("DRM-encrusted"?), the obvious goal of venting instead of finding a solution...). I still tried to meet him where he was and move things along in one direction or another. At any rate, he's up and running now, which is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back