Windows quarantined my launcher

I'm assuming this is a false hit everyone else is also seeing. You can bypass the launcher and run the program directly by creating a link to C:\Program Files(x86)\RealFlight9\Realflight.exe

Just right click on your desktop and select New - Shortcut and point it to that.

Last edited:
I edited the above post to remove the attachment. We appreciate the intent BrokeDad, but please don't share the .exes directly. (For one thing, the versions can get out of sync.)

The proper solution is to use your antivirus software's options to undo the actions it took. Depending on which AV software a person is using, this will quite likely be a two-step process:
  1. Tell it to allow the .exe in question.
  2. Tell it to restore/unquarantine the .exe.
We will submit the Launcher to Microsoft as a false positive.

I've had this happen on other programs I know to be safe as I'd run them for years before some definition update caused them to get flagged. But they don't go to the trouble to submit it to MS to be corrected. Thanks Ryan for keeping up with all the issues.

I keep both a link to run the launcher and a link to run the program directly on my desktop. It's been a habit since I first got RF. Of course you gotta keep up to date on the forum so you know when there is an update and you need to run the launcher to get it.

Back