Wireless Interface serial number/activation fix

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
Problem: Some Wireless SLT Interface users can't activate their software.

Symptoms: The wireless interface serial number appears as 0000000-M0-000000. (See attached image.) Users can click OK after entering their RealFlight serial number, but the subsequent activation step fails and the manual activation dialog is displayed.

Note: If you are receiving KEError 24047 now after downloading an earlier version of this fix, this update will also solve your problem.

Affects: Only RealFlight version 7.50.011.

Solution: Download this package and run it on the computer where RealFlight is installed. After it is finished, run the RealFlight 7.5 Launcher to enter the correct serial numbers and activate your software.

Attachments

• Wireless interface invalid serial.PNG
    Wireless interface invalid serial.PNG
    256.5 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by a moderator:
The above post will probably lead to some confusion among experienced RealFlight users, so I want to offer a little more information.

The new wireless interface is a bit different than any of the controller types we've released with RealFlight in the past. It does not come with a serial number sticker. You do not have to manually enter a serial number after installing. Instead, the serial number dialog reads the number directly from the device and automatically populates that field in the dialog.

The RealFlight serial must still be entered manually.

new download fix for interface "fix" on 7.7.011 doesn't work?

I just purchased the real flight 7.5 software with txx 610 transmitter and wireless interface (the problem). I installed the updated "fix" and my computer still can't read the interface serial number: I get the error message: "24047 we detected a wireless slt interface serial number,but failed while reading its serial number." SLT sounds good but at this point not very dependable-software glitch-could models crash because of slt receivers? I hope support can fix this?

Error 24047 for Wireless SLT

I just purchased the real flight 7.5 software with txx 610 transmitter and wireless interface (the problem). I installed the updated "fix" and my computer still can't read the interface serial number: I get the error message: "24047 we detected a wireless slt interface serial number,but failed while reading its serial number." SLT sounds good but at this point not very dependable-software glitch-could models crash because of slt receivers? I hope support can fix this?

I am getting the same 24047 error. The serial number field is blank. Tried installing the patch, tried running as win7, vista, xp...

Make SURE you run the "fix" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting "run as administrator"

You MUST also do the same to launch the simulator and insert the serial numbers.

Once you have done so, you should not need to use the "run as administrator" option again.

I did run the install as administrator, the fix as administrator, and launched launcher as administrator. I have even checked the box to run the launcher as administrator. Still get the same error.

Same Problem, same error. Fix installed as Administrator, game started as Administrator. Same error, pls help

The fix above does solve the problem it was created to address. KEError 24047 is caused by a different issue.

A very small percentage of the devices are behaving badly, leading to the above error. We are currently looking into it. For now, you should contact RealFlight Technical Support if you are affected. They can provide a replacement wireless interface that will work.

It simply wont let me activate. This is some real bull**** that I have to wait till Monday to play something I purchased because of a technical fault. Having an online activation that cant solve this problem (or get me my code) is absolutely worthless. Tried everything today and nothing has worked. Very, very disgruntled with this software already and this "setup" for customer service is even worse.

Already sent an email with screenshots of my codes and the errors I am getting. Just unacceptable.

Ordered from Tower Hobbies, received on Friday. Go to install and nope - doesn't activate. Oh Ill just call someone. Oh its beyond their customer hours. Waited all week to play this and get back into it, only to be set back another 2 days. And not for something serious, something frivolous.

Last edited:
Here was my problem and the solution that worked for me.
When I initially tried install the SN field was blank, I manually put the SN from the sticker and the activate button remained gray so I couldn't activate. I then downloaded the installation fix and again the SN number was blank. I then manually typed in the SN and the activate button was now highlighted and allowed me to activate the product.
I don't know if this will work for everyone but it did work for me.

As stated above, KEError 24047 is caused by a different issue. It will require a separate downloadable fix. That is coming soon (probably next week).

mp1, it sounds like you have a Wired Interface or InterLink controller type, not an SLT Wireless Interface. The serial number entry process for those devices is different than the Wireless Interface, which is what this thread is about.

Fix for KEError 24047

As noted above, the wireless interface serial number fix worked for almost everybody, but a very small percentage of the wireless interfaces triggered KEError 24047 after the fix was installed.

A solution is now available for that issue.

All you need to do is redownload the setup.exe from my original post above. It may look the same, but it is an updated version that contains a fix for your issue. Install it, follow all the instructions, and then you should be able to enter your serial numbers and successfully activate your software.

hey , can you please send us the installation fix link so that we can doanload it, and thank you by the way

it may take a few dews with new years and knifeedge software changing hands/merger of rf/KE now be handled/owned by horizon hobbies

@Ryan Douglas I think the forum update remove the setup.exe file from your post

Shoot, @legoman reported that broken link long ago and it fell through the cracks on my end. Thankfully, one of our other guys saw your post over the weekend, @zeekworld, and fixed it.

I presume you now have the file; if not, please try again.

Back