Wireless keyboard not working.

2Sunny

Hey all you techies!

I found one older discussion regarding this issue and it talked about the key board being wireless as part of the problem. My problem is that the keyboard doesn't work when I'm in game. Say for instance trying to see the wind sock.

Don't know if this helps but my system is:

Intel i9
Windows 11 Pro
Nvidia 3080

I dont have a solution but some more info might help others. Are you using a wireless or wired input device/controler to run realflight? and what model keyboard? I am wondering if the environment you are in is running out of bandwidth in the bluetooth or wifi bands or if your 2.4Ghz transmitter/dongle is making alot of noise and overpowering the keyboard's signal.

I use a Wireless keyboard and mouse while I use Realflight and have for a while. I currently have a Logitech G915 Keyboard and G502X Mouse both connected via a single Lightspeed USB receiver on the back of the tower. I am in fact typing this while RF runs in the background. It works as I would expect it to work in game and I can chat via multiplayer just fine. I do not use a Wireless controller, I use a Interlink via USB. It is possible that a radio transmitter at 2.4ghz could interfere with a wireless keyboard. It could simply be overpowering the keyboard in this instance. If that is indeed the case, there isn't anything you really can do except use a wired keyboard, or get a Interlink. This really wouldn't be a issue with RF software, it would be more a hardware configuration issue on your end.

Hi 2Sunny, do you have a USB 3.0 drive into the port right next to the receiver of your keyboard?

The cable can emit radio frequencies that may cause interference with 2.4ghz Bluetooth device.

Otherwise try to put your transmitter in low range test mode to reduce its antenna output and move it to another room, to see if it's that.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for having ago!

I'm using an old Interlink from 2010. I forget which Real Flight version I had, but the Interlink transmitter works great so far. The real issue was I wanted to try ZOOM, but when I hit + of shift/+ nothing happens. I will try a wired keyboard to see if that helps. Also, the setup is actually a triple screen configuration as I use it primarily for iRacing. I did check today that I can have Real Flight open on the center screen and type in other programs. I'll try and get a picture of my trouble later. Thanks again for answering everyone :)

Hi 2Sunny,

Try to hit the Z key to switch the Zoom mode between auto and manual. Then you should be able to + - as needed!

Weird. When I went downstairs to take a video the keyboard functions started to work. Maybe it was hitting the z key first. In any case, I had no problem toggling between manual zoom and auto zoom and using the + key when I was in manual zoom. Wish I had more to share.

Thanks for the "z" tip!

Back