WS2000 with the DXS works for the blade 230s, but NX8 is all wrong?

magesticmage

The DXS Works great for the 230S, but when I try to use my Spektrum NX8 the throttle and mode switches are all screwed up, I'm having trouble getting them right, any help ?

on the DXS
ch 3 throttle - Y axis
ch 8 mode - y rotation
both proportional

try to do the same on the NX8 but it's just not working. I should add that i am using the downloaded NX8 preset file programed into the radio for the 230S.

Last edited:
I use an InterLink Elite or InterLink-X controller for all aircraft in RF. Those controllers do NO mixing in the controller - they send only the stick & switch positions, and the mixing is all done in the RF aircraft's software radio configuration. Since you have your radio programmed to mix stuff internally before sending the pre-mixed signals to RF, it's messing up what RF already does in software. Your radio should send unmixed signals to RF. If I'm not mistaken, you should be using a standard aircraft model, not a helicopter mix in your radio. For instance, RF sees the throttle channel, and since the aircraft is a CP heli, RF internally mixes throttle + collective servo movements from that ONE channel. If your radio also sends the collective servo signals in response to the throttle stick position, it's not going to work right in the sim.

Last edited:
ok that makes a sence, .... after doing a calibration i got it a little closer, but the throttle will not go to 0 in the sim. so do you think i should use a standard aircraft model to get this to work ?

I have a full writeup here for how to make a DX or NX work with a WS2000. The writeup is based on a DX9, but it will all still work the same way on your NX8.

Don't even worry about trying to set up the NX8 to look like the DXS for the 230. Make a new controller profile (don't mess up the one you're using with the DXS) and then set it up to work with the model on your NX8.

For what it's worth, NX8 can also be connected to the computer via USB. Being attached to a cable may be undesirable, but the plus is that you wouldn't have to rebind the WS2000 in order to switch between the DXS and the NX8. The computer would also charge the battery in the NX8 while you use RF. Here's a writeup for how to do that.

I have a full writeup here for how to make a DX or NX work with a WS2000. The writeup is based on a DX9, but it will all still work the same way on your NX8.

Don't even worry about trying to set up the NX8 to look like the DXS for the 230. Make a new controller profile (don't mess up the one you're using with the DXS) and then set it up to work with the model on your NX8.

For what it's worth, NX8 can also be connected to the computer via USB. Being attached to a cable may be undesirable, but the plus is that you wouldn't have to rebind the WS2000 in order to switch between the DXS and the NX8. The computer would also charge the battery in the NX8 while you use RF. Here's a writeup for how to do that.
thanks for this info, much appreciated!

Back