legoman

XFX-2 Waterfall_EA

legoman

legoman submitted a new upload:

XFX-2 Waterfall_EA

XFX-2 Waterfall is a hypothetical VTOL Tail designed to continue the development of Lockheed XFV-1 Salmon, Goodyear XF3G-1, Martin XFM-1, Convair XFY-1 Pogo, and Northrop XF3T-1 two of which were prototyped and the other three were designs only. the main problem becides engine deficencies which could be fixed with newer more powerful engines, were extremely poor visibilty on landing and the tendancy to climb alot during the transition from forward flight to hover. I fixed the former by...

View the Swap Page

Thanks I just grabbed it from the swaps, very unusual design (thinking outside the box) that fly"s great and looks incredible.

I know the model is nearly a year old, but I only relatively recently discovered the Swap pages. I've got to say that of all the aircraft (and one car) that I've downloaded? This plane is absolutely amazing! I cannot believe legoman managed to make this thing fly as well as it does! It's just a joy to fly around and even more fun once I armed it with machine guns, upped the deflection rates and took it into combat.

This plane is an absolute blast to fly. It's so complicated, it took me nearly half an hour, just to figure out where to increase the deflection rates on all the control surfaces. I still haven't figured out how to do it on the motors.

Just download it and open it in Aircraft Edit. It has to be the most complicated plane ever uploaded to this forum. But it flies wonderfully! What @legoman has accomplished with this thing is simply, and unequivocally amazing. It really is.

Just download and fly it, and then check it out in the editor. I remain amazed.

@legoman, thank you, man. It's not easy to pull off a shot at over 100 miles an hour, but you've created a platform that is still steady at that speed. If I miss that shot, it's on me. Oh, besides increasing the deflection rate, I've since added another couple of batteries.... When next I fly combat, I'll be pushing 150mph and still rock steady. The canards do crazy stuff at that speed, since I've upped the deflection.

It's gonna be a fun combat session. Thank you.

I know the model is nearly a year old, but I only relatively recently discovered the Swap pages. I've got to say that of all the aircraft (and one car) that I've downloaded? This plane is absolutely amazing! I cannot believe legoman managed to make this thing fly as well as it does! It's just a joy to fly around and even more fun once I armed it with machine guns, upped the deflection rates and took it into combat.

This plane is an absolute blast to fly. It's so complicated, it took me nearly half an hour, just to figure out where to increase the deflection rates on all the control surfaces. I still haven't figured out how to do it on the motors.

Just download it and open it in Aircraft Edit. It has to be the most complicated plane ever uploaded to this forum. But it flies wonderfully! What @legoman has accomplished with this thing is simply, and unequivocally amazing. It really is.

Just download and fly it, and then check it out in the editor. I remain amazed.

@legoman, thank you, man. It's not easy to pull off a shot at over 100 miles an hour, but you've created a platform that is still steady at that speed. If I miss that shot, it's on me. Oh, besides increasing the deflection rate, I've since added another couple of batteries.... When next I fly combat, I'll be pushing 150mph and still rock steady. The canards do crazy stuff at that speed, since I've upped the deflection.

It's gonna be a fun combat session. Thank you.

thank I am glad you are enjoying the planes that I release

If you want higher rates check the rotation rates in the gyros.

In fast foward flight the control surfaces barely move they are more to start and stop rotations and prevent them from accelerating out of hand.
at full throttle it locks all the engine at full power preventing the gyros from lowering any motors. channel 3 in the radio tab just remove the spikes at the end of the travel to enable the gyros at. there are mixers for the throttles find P gyro mod (pitch gyro mod) and Y Gyro mod (yaw gyro mod) they feed into the multi mixers which power the engines

thank I am glad you are enjoying the planes that I release

If you want higher rates check the rotation rates in the gyros.

In fast foward flight the control surfaces barely move they are more to start and stop rotations and prevent them from accelerating out of hand.
at full throttle it locks all the engine at full power preventing the gyros from lowering any motors. channel 3 in the radio tab just remove the spikes at the end of the travel to enable the gyros at. there are mixers for the throttles find P gyro mod (pitch gyro mod) and Y Gyro mod (yaw gyro mod) they feed into the multi mixers which power the engines
Oooh, snap! A little knowledge is a dangerous thing! Thank you once again. I upped the gyro mods by 20 and removed the spikes on the channel three graph. (I've no idea what I'm doing with all that, just following your instructions.) I stepped back my changes to the deflection rate on the canards, but they still go nuts for a moment when I yank the stick in high rates at a 150+mph. I think I can live with that! It is definitely more responsive and considering the speed it's going, it's pretty crazy how maneuverable it now is. This thing is a beast!

Next combat is Saturday night. It will definitely be a lot of fun!

yes the red arrow should be in line with the control surface hinge.
hello ,I rotated the red arrow with the hinge of the control surface, but when I rotate the surface, I did not get the correct response.. Is there anything missing from what I did?
1673851258819.png

Back