space boy

Zplane asj_EA

hey everybody, how do we indicate to RealFlight where glowing lines or colors are? is it part of the color scheme? I looked at the TGAs for the e-flite Night Timber, which has a really cool glowing color scheme, and I didn't see anything that corresponds with the places that glow. 🤔🤔

Last edited:
hey everybody, how do we indicate to RealFlight where glowing lines or colors are? is it part of the color scheme? I looked at the TGAs for the e-flite Night Timber, which has a really cool glowing color scheme, and I didn't see anything that corresponds with the parts that glow. 🤔🤔

@legoman , your post below seems to indicate that glowing things need to be separate objects. is that always the case?

Last edited:
hey everybody, how do we indicate to RealFlight where glowing lines or colors are? is it part of the color scheme? I looked at the TGAs for the e-flite Night Timber, which has a really cool glowing color scheme, and I didn't see anything that corresponds with the parts that glow. 🤔🤔
@legoman , your post below seems to indicate that glowing things need to be separate objects. is that always the case?

So the night timber uses both bulb and glow components. the bulbs appear in the day and lights up at night and the glow only appears (and lights up) at night. Yes, that glow and bulbs is how to make night lights for flying. opacity of the map is intensity fully transparent is no light

2022-07-27 22_39_27-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
2022-07-27 21_54_55-[Light projection test] (imported)-1.0 (RGB color, 1 layer) 512x512 – GIMP.jpg2022-07-27 21_54_37-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg2022-07-27 22_11_10-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg2022-07-27 22_11_00-_[Light projection test] (overwritten)-1.0 (RGB color, 1 layer) 512x512 – ...jpg

So the night timber uses both bulb and glow components. the bulbs appear in the day and lights up at night and the glow only appears (and lights up) at night. Yes, that glow and bulbs is how to make night lights for flying. opacity of the map is intensity fully transparent is no light

View attachment 130125
View attachment 130126View attachment 130127View attachment 130128View attachment 130129
thank you! so did you make that map that you showed us in the thread here?

I'm asking because it doesn't at all look like the TGA files for the actual timber. 🤔

thank you! so did you make that map that you showed us in the thread here?

I'm asking because it doesn't at all look like the TGA files for the actual timber. 🤔

the cube with the illumination was made around the time rf-x came out (i think). since we could not add true lights, I was seeing it I could emulate them. more than just glowsticks/glow-in-the-dark-paint. and it culminated in my yak 110 night.

I am not sure what you mean by "it doesn't at all look like the TGA files for the actual timber. "

Attachments

• 2022-07-28 01_56_39-RF-X.jpg
    2022-07-28 01_56_39-RF-X.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2022-07-28 02_02_33-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
    2022-07-28 02_02_33-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2022-07-28 02_07_30-Window.jpg
    2022-07-28 02_07_30-Window.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 10
the cube with the illumination was made around the time rf-x came out (i think). since we could not add true lights, I was seeing it I could emulate them. more than just glowsticks/glow-in-the-dark-paint. and it culminated in my yak 110 night.

I am not sure what you mean by "it doesn't at all look like the TGA files for the actual timber. "
thank you so much for the explanation. don't worry about the timber stuff. 😄

Hey spase boy. What happened to the original Zplane EA? You must have deleted it. The only EA of it I see is the ajs version, which is a great version,(y) but it only talks about having invasion stripes and the flexibility to create color schemes. So if a new person comes along looking for info of what this plane is like and how unique it is they have nothing. So, they may pass it by. The only ones who really know how unique it is might just be the small circle of people involved in it. It's too good of a plane to have no info.:cry:

Hey spase boy. What happened to the original Zplane EA? You must have deleted it. The only EA of it I see is the ajs version, which is a great version,(y) but it only talks about having invasion stripes and the flexibility to create color schemes. So if a new person comes along looking for info of what this plane is like and how unique it is they have nothing. So, they may pass it by. The only ones who really know how unique it is might just be the small circle of people involved in it. It's too good of a plane to have no info.:cry:
This forum has a weakness with regard to uploading updated versions of EA files. There may be a solution that I'm not aware of, but in order for me to have uploaded new versions of my zplane, with better UV mapping and lighting effects, I had to delete old versions, and unfortunately along with them, all of the discussion for those older versions. 😔

There may be a solution that I'm not aware of...
I get the impression that the solution that has been adopted by the prolific aircraft creators here (who are currently @legoman , @asj5547 , and @technoid ) is to create a build thread and post updates to it as attachments. Then, when everything is working well, they do a final release to the swap pages.

Back