add-ons V3 with G3 - Help

GrayMatter

I've gone through the entire support section as well as the KnifeEdge forum and don't see this problem anywhere else.... so here goes.

I have the latest greatest version of RealFlight G3. I've installed the G3 Expansion Pack 1 and that installed fine and works fine.

Today I purchased the RealFlight add-ons Volume Three and tried to install it. Bombed. I downloaded the Installation "Fix" from the support area and that did get it to install... mostly anyway. When I start RealFlight G3, I'm prompted to insert the add-ons CD into the CD drive and press OK. OK, did that.... over and over again. Something's not seeing something else I guess.

I can see the contents of the CD through explorer.

I did try to install several times.

I did double, triple, etc. the serial number(s).

I've done everything but a flying leap and it won't work!

HELP!!!!!!

:mad:

So I'm sure this is more than what you're looking for, but...

Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 4
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: K8T Master2-FAR
BIOS: oC(Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 240, ~1.4GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 284MB used, 593MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON 7500 SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 7500 AGP (0x5157)
DAC type: Internal DAC(350MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5157&SUBSYS_13001462&REV_00
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6430 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/24/2004 22:47:26, 398336 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
Mini VDD Date: 2/24/2004 22:47:04, 679424 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-1217-11CF-CC6E-0A33A1C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x5157
SubSys ID: 0x13001462
Revision ID: 0x0000
Revision ID: 0x0000
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_D ModeMPEG2_C

...and thanks, in advance.

yup. seems like mine, sort of. ok here are the instructions. put in add-on disk.complete the language setup as asked and wait for the install shield wizard to work(like on all add-on when it says that).then go to start on the bottom left of your comp's screen. click on control panel.click on "add or remove programs". there should be a program entitled " R/C pilot simulator"(what you downloaded from greatplanes.com. the "fix"). click on it. it should be highlighted in blue and in the hilighted blue area it should say CHANGE?REMOVE PROGRAM. click on it.there should be a screen that pops up like the add-ons screen. click on install CD. it should be just like the add-ons setup. wait about 10-20 minutes(maybe fewer). and the setup for the add-on should start and it will ask for the serial code number and install. my add-ons 2 did the same thing and this worked. hope i helped ya :D

@#$%^&*

Ok, so I just finished re-installing the whole thing.... fortunately I saved all of my custom aircraft and downloads....

That method worked pretty much the same as the first, but seemed to skip a step that I went through originally. Well, it worked so much as to get as far as before... which wasn't quite far enough.

So it's come to this. I have found that there is a file called rfaov3cdverify.exe

This is the file giving me problems. Now it's not just stoppping and asking to put the CD in the drive, but it's giving and error on that specific file. Only odd bit is that when it lists the file in question, it lists is as rfaov3cdverify..exe instead of rfaov3cdverify.exe .... it's in the "." area that I'm further befuddled. It's shown as ".." in the error message. Two dots, instead of the typical one.

So here I sit, back to square one.

I do appreciate the info though.

Funny, when I purchased the add-ons, I thought I'd be able to fly some new planes. This is more like buying a balsa kit.........................

Yeah, right on through the entire installation. It's when I try to run G3 that is asks for the CD... apparently for verification or something.

GrayMatter said:
Yeah, right on through the entire installation. It's when I try to run G3 that is asks for the CD... apparently for verification or something.
just pop in the CD like it says and when g3 starts up and you go to the aircraft selection, take it out. just do this once and it will go away like mine did
:D

This is all part of the problem(s) with the copy protection (Securom I believe) of the add-ons.

Once you get this sorted out be SURE that you go into the RealflightG3 folder and mark the newly created folder for the add-ons (not the expansion pack, just the add-ons) READ ONLY.

If you do not do this, the problem will re-appear later.

BTW: What caused your original problem is probably an interaction with an already installed secdrv.sys file somewhere else on the system.

Other programs will install their own version of this file and it can be loaded before G3 starts up.

G3 will see this in memory, and will not recognize the add-ons disks.

Microsoft also provides an "update" for the secdrv.sys files in one of it's on-line updates that also exacerbates this problem greatly.

( Vitek: This is one of the things I'm always referring to about the copy protection issues... )

add-ons 3 you say? well, try installing ad-ons 3, with all other programs off(ei: virus scan, msn yahoo, watever you have running). try that, se if anything happens. if not. then...... id not know then.

It's finally fixed. I called in to support and they get it taken care of. Something about hardware and software communication. Hardware, software, cats, dogs..... Well, it's fixed.

Thanks to all for your input.

Back