What do we want to change.

HX3D014

I think there are many who want the physics to revert. or change for the better, No questions on that one.
My list of gripes and some I noticed mentioned in the threads
Please add yours
No comments about this thread please, just add to it if not alredy here or + to a pre mentiond feature ETC.

1/hover Orientation
a/ Can not change mode or helicopter/Plain. (KE Alredy know and are fixing)

2/Helicopter hover game. hover practice. (the one where you have to hover 5 sconds with the other heli on screen.) I near burned my eyes out trying this one.
a/ Can not change helicopter.
b/Dose not feel right, Over Twitchy + Helicopter seems to be battery operated. IE Needs more Colective near the end to stay aloft.

3/ Our custom aircraft have changed.
a/ I noted a distinct lack of up elevator on all of mine (Even after re calibrating.)
Not sure if the physics will fix this one, .

KE alredy know about the stall bucket and are inevstigating.

Notes on Physics
Physics settings must be at Highest in realisim settings.
Be Specific!
Please note;
KE alredy know about the stall bucket, See Known Issues
a/ weather settings (If not 0).
b/ stock aircraft. G3.5 first eh.
c/ and if you can. difference from 3 to 3.5
d/ any other relivant info you can think of or changed from stock.

BUGS

1/ ".recording" Playback dose not indicate Air Speed.

2/ I just made a 4 prop mustang and changed the Engin prop ratio to adjust for Increased thrust . Changed it to 3 (so the engine is still spinning 3 times to the prop 1). However the engin "sound" was in synk with the Prop Rpm, while the Engin did spinn a little faster than the Original. (11000 Odd rpm) but sounded like the RPM was at mid stick.
3/ Axe CP Heli Skids sinks Like in quick sand I Think (Checked this one my self. Strange. Only the Axe CP. Even If i change Strength and Flexability, no Fix. Also changed Height to 16cm from 6 But it Sat at same Height in Sim. Still sank to. Tried other heli and when changed Height no change to Sim heli height.) also noted that in all modes IE Idle 1, 2, or norm, it has negative on wire frame readoutin he Edit view, but Visual is still 0 Deg. no biggie on visual. as it is spinning anyway when we are useing.

Physics

1a/No right skid low on heli, Well Verrrrry Slight.
1b/Reversed Retreating blade stall on Heli, only on Scale heads (Falling Rolling to the right with High Speed forward flight (would be Oposit for AntiClockwise from top) Yet to check flap back and Transitional lift.
2/No kick to the left as tail dragers get up off their tail. (Clockwise single prop (Cockpit view))

3/ Same clockwise single prop. (Not necesaraly Taildragers for these)
and for some manovers (While airborne)
due to Gyroscopic Effect there should be a kick to the;​
a/ Right as you pull Elevator.​
b/Down as you yaw Right with rudder .​
c/Left as you dive with Elevator.​
d/Up as you yaw left with rudder.​

4/ Asymetric thrust / P-factor, Aircraft Should want to run off (Yaw) to the left (No wind or hill involved) and this is with a Clockwise rotation single prop aircraft(mainly tail dragers till they get up off tail and whilst at lower speeds).
IE high AoA of whole aircraft. particularly prop Axis) (and only till an adaquit speed has been reached)​
NB to #2 & 3Gyroscopic Effect causes Phase lag One thing that affects the strength of the Gyroscopic Effect is the Weght of prop. particularly at the tip of prop More weight=more kick at the phase lag point.

NB to #4 Asymetric thrust P-factor. prop spinning at angel to air flow. Predominant in tail dragers where Airoplane it at hight AoA till off tail.

Two things affect asymetric thrust/P-Factor​
a/ Prop RPM (Higher rpm = less Asymetrical trhust)​
b/ Air speed, (Higher airspeed (Relative over blade) = more asymetrical thruct) "provided AoA is the same" but generaly as Airspeed is increased, the relative AoA lessens so it becomes balanced. so a tail drager or heavy aircraft(Especialy tail heavy) which requires more air speed to get its tail off the deck will have a higher AoA thus more pull to the left.​
c/ Righ offset to thrust line is not the cause of Asymetric thrust to left. Right Offset to thrust line has a pull to right effect (allways) and a Slight roll Opposit to torque Roll Direction,This is to counter act against Asymetric thrust(P-Factor), through out flight. See Pont b/.​

This is where i am up to in understanding

Asymetric Thrust (P-Factor) is like retreating blade stall and to some degree Causes flap back Experienced in Helicopters.
Gyroscopic Effect is Phase lag. (Accounted for in all heli Swash to Blade linkage mechanics)

Last edited:
Yup. Dittoes all around. Also mention the skid sinking problems on helis and the ability to taxi upside down with the prop digging into the runway for some airplanes...

Nice Post HX3D014 ...

Nice Post HX3D014.

You were organized and respectful that “your wish is not their command”

Well done sir - salute <S> :D

I'd like to see them add flexible gear and wings. That way we could model some of the bigger gliders and Rutan's Voyager would look very real w/flexing wings :)

Float post

this last part of post was to float this thread. i will delete this post when if it floats.

my new edits may bring new light to why KE hav not got it as wrong as most think re Physics.

Attachments

• Precision Aerobatics Katana MD BR03.plnG3
    43.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back