Interlink Controller Failure

fusion2u

Help!!. I have spent the last 6 hours on Christmas Day trying to get the program to run but every time I start the program it sits there for about 30 seconds and the displays “'No Authorized Interlink Connected....I deleted all the HID stuff, reboot - plug in Interlink, amber light flashes, but still - G3.5 wont launch 'No Authorized interlink found'.
So i go to the Control Panel, Game Controllers page, Interlink is sitting there - OK, it says, I go to properties, all the Axis are working perfectly!! All the switches - everything!!! - Go to open G3.5..........
'No Authorized Interlink Connected....' I tried on a second computer (desk top) and got the same results. Is there a faster way to get a new controller mailed out or do I have to wait for my unit to get to them. Thanks for any suggestions.
:confused:

Controller failure

I too have spent most of Christmas day trying to get the controller to work.
My Dell 9300 recognizes that a USB port is being accessed but says that the controller has malfunctioned. Indeed I have not seen a light one. I have seen no flag indicating a download for a driver either.

Barneyrev:

Usually this is due to the USB port being grounded or that other devices are drawing too much power from the supply.

Notice that the USB ports are "paired" on your computer.

Plug the Interlink into on that has nothing on the other "pair" it belongs to.

If that doesn't work... have you ever loaded camera drivers onto your machine?

Some camera drivers tend to corrupt the USB device chain. Removing them and undoing the damage can be a bit tricky.

fusion2u:

Your problem is completely different. In your case it indeed sounds as if you may have received a bad unit.

Give Realflight support a call. They are pretty good about replacing them.

just a update, spoke with support and was told they would ship a new one out to me with out waiting for the inoperative unit to be shipped back. :) :) :) :)

InterLink Plus Controller on USB Not Found

I've spent the past 4 hours troubleshooting this problem after successfully loading G3.5 (updated through web site from G3.0), new in box today, first time loaded. I have a Dell Optiplex GX260, P4 2.4GHz, 512MB. No problems with s/w load or update.

Plugged in controller and heard detection sound of new device connected to USB port, but could not find driver to activate. Went to both help sources on disk and on-line, tried their suggestions to Add New Hardware, put MS XP OS disk in CD-ROM drive, still no luck. No amber light ever. Tried several different USB ports on rear and the one on front panel.

I've exhausted all suggestions except to Uninstall RealFlight and start all over -- I'm not in the mood to do that...!

Please help ASAP. Thanks.

Steve

Did XP prompt you for a driver?

XP should have installed it's own built in drivers for the Interlink.

In turn the Interlink should have showed up as a "joystick" in the control panel.

Check the device manager to see if the Interlink is there.

Also as I suggested in the above posts, make sure that the Interlink is plugged into it's own "hub" device on the computer.

Thanks for the quick reply (1:05am PST).

Your questions with comments:

Did XP prompt you for a driver? (Ans: No, just a beep, sometimes it would go into the Add Hardware Wizard, don't know why it's sometimes...)

XP should have installed it's own built in drivers for the Interlink. (Ans: It can't find them both on the MS site or through my OS disk)

In turn the Interlink should have showed up as a "joystick" in the control panel. (Ans: No, doesn't recognize this device type, just that it's "InterLink")

Check the device manager to see if the Interlink is there. (Ans: I did, many many times, shows up with a big 'question mark' and the identification "InterLink" but driver not found)

Also as I suggested in the above posts, make sure that the Interlink is plugged into it's own "hub" device on the computer. (Ans: I did for sure, read both your answers and tried several different USB ports, only one in use for the Logitech mouse, about 5 or 6 others tried)

Do you think the controller is defective? Seems absolutely brand new, all seals were in place. I could try on an Dell Inspiron laptop, should it give me some indication if I just plug it into the USB port without loading the G3 software?

Steve

By the way, I also rebooted several times, with and without the controller plugged in, no difference. Also shut down completely (power OFF). Also 'disabled' all other devices (except mouse) that appeared under "Human Interfaces" in Hardware Devices section, then performed another hardware scan for new devices, same result, unknown "interlink" device. Hmmm.

After 2 days of troubleshooting and substituting I have new information. Got the store to provide another controller (new) to me in exchange. He tried my old controller, the amber light DID come on for him but program wouldn't recognize it, probably due to originally entered s/n, but he didn't want to change it at the time.

Plugged in new controller on my Dell GX260 (actually Dell calls it a Dimension 8250, born 6/2003, P4 2.4GHz, 512MB, updated BIOS drivers, video and sound). Same problem, no amber light, unknown device in hardware listing, can't find s/w driver.

Plugged it into my daughter's Dell Inspiron E1505 (born 12/2006, P4 2.0GHz, 512MB), amber light blinked, loaded s/w, works fine, used it last night for 4 hours.

Factory can't explain. This has to be a problem similar to many, my Optiplex GX260 has got to be one of the most common computers out there! I've read related discussions re motherboard voltage and hub overloading (paired USB's).

Any ideas? (...my daughter would like her computer back...!)

The interlink requires that the "Human Interfaces Device Access" service be enabled.

Usually this is automatic when the Interlink is detected.

Your XP install sounds a bit "broken"... OEM's like DELL are notorious for this...

-----

Note: In your shoes I'd start the computer then using the XP SP-2 install disk to re-install it over itself.

This retains EVERYTHING, but "freshens" and corrects problems with the O.S.

Updates need to be applied after this is done...

-----

Anyway ENABLE the HID service in the service manager and then start it.

THEN try plugging the Interlink in. It should be detected and XP should then install it's own drivers from the XP install "source" directory or CD.

You WILL NOT find a specific "Interlink" driver if you attempt this manually.

Instead XP installs a generic driver set, then towards the end renames the joystick controller to match what the Interlink is calling itself.

That is why you cannot "find" a driver. In effect there is none.

Appreciate the input opjose. I indeed found that the HID service was disabled, so I set it to "automatic" and rebooted. After Windows XP startup (all latest fixes) I plugged in the Interlink Controller to the front panel's USB, no lights, same beep indicating a USB device was plugged in, brought up new hardware detected window, and same result, couldn't find a driver to operate it.

This looked like a good reason, guess it's not the culprit. Last recourse, reload Windows XP I guess.

Thanks again.

Did you ever get this resolved?
I am running into the same thing. Human Intterface Device is disabled. I am in the process of doing a fresh install of Windows. Before SP2 is installed I attemped to enable HID and got an error 126. What was your outcome on this?

Back