Blade CP Pro

phrank

Skeleton is done, now comes the fun part. :)

Attachments

• BCP Skeleton.jpg
    BCP Skeleton.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 200
NICE! I didn't think you'd have models of it for a while ... you just ended the BCX2 project a couple days ago! Anyways, nice job on the frame ... looks incredible. WOW!
-BladeCP02

Look's just like it! I can't wait till your done I was very dissapointed when I couldn't fine my blade cp pro on realflight..

That is freakin' amazing. Do you do 3D modeling as freelance or do have other experience? Major Props man, can't wait until it is done

Thanks Guys.
As we're starting to find out, 3D modeling is not that hard, it's just time-consuming.
First model is always a bear, you are trying to learn the software and at the same time creating something. You learn from your mistakes and apply that to the next model.

Just give it an honest effort, stealing a couple of hours here and there and you'll find that it's not that bad.

This is only my 4th model, and I'm starting to enjoy it.

Here is today's progress....

Attachments

• BCP Details.jpg
    BCP Details.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Hi guys,

I'm just gettin started in 3d modeling and I really need to find some decent
instruction for Blender and anything else that might help. So far, all I am in
confused. I've visited some of the design sites but most assume that you are
already familiar with blender and deep exploration. I am retired and have
quite a bit of free time and would love to help, but unless I can at least get
a grasp on blender, I'm can't see spending the $$$$ on deep exploration.

Thanks,
Jim

P.S. Keep up thy airspeed, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. :)

Never mind....

Sorry,
Please ignore the above post, I just found out that 3DSMax is $ 3495 !!!! and
Deep Exploration is from $ 149 to $ 1500.... I don't know about the rest of you
but, I don't have an extra $ 5 grand laying around...

Jim

Quote: "How come there's so much month left at the end of the money?" :)

That's looking good. I hope I do as well on my first models. I have a bunch of people wanting me to do a Raptor Titan. Great first choice right :eek:

Thanks for the support, smooth sailing so far.

Here is Day 3 progress....
Heli mechanics are done, a complicated mess of pushrods, blade grips, Flybar and Swashplate.
Now comes the hard part. Modeling the Canopy. I'm not the biggest fan of canopies, we'll see how that goes.

Attachments

• BCP Day 3.jpg
    BCP Day 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Phew! Canopy finally complete.
Now for the small details, cleaning up.
I'm changing my mind about the hacker motor, I think I may go with the Stock motor/heatsink.

Here is Day 4 Progress...

Attachments

• BCP Day 4.jpg
    BCP Day 4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 143
Nice work.
good idea going stock on the motor. This way you could put two variants up. one Stock and One Blitzed : ) Shame the Blade runs a motor tail system. But thats E-Flight :)
Phrank, I didnt know you Can and Do do this. wow. makes me want to do it. (I drive a bus and have lots of spare time here and there. but i don't think i would have the patience to learn how to do this, besides, being a dad now, i will just wait untill my son can/maybe do it : )

Good on you for Just doing it.

Great progress Phrank! Good idea on the stock motor/heatsink idea ... I think that would fit most of the people who have BCPs. I look forward to a great model!
-BladeCP02

lets

Hey how about this, make a completly stock version and then do a totally blinged out version that would kick butt! Great work!!! :cool:
The blinged version weighs 354 grams here are some pics.

Attachments

• 227.jpg
    227.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 235.jpg
    235.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 29
  • 6583.jpg
    6583.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 6601.jpg
    6601.jpg