F-16a

dhk79

Taking one of my own recommendations, I have started on a scale F-16A. I plan on modeling the variable camber wings to replicate those on the full size bird. Although, I'll probably limit the wing to three configurations - take off/approach, cruise, & max manoeuverability.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 48
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Doug,

Where can I read more on these wing configurations you mentioned?
It's very interesting.

Andrzej

arb6591 said:
Doug,

Where can I read more on these wing configurations you mentioned?
It's very interesting.

Andrzej
I'll send you a PDF about the aircraft design.

Doug

Primary 3D modeling of the airframe is complete. I still have to do the landing gear/doors and the interior.
Anyone got any good ideas for a colorscheme (or would like to help - hint! hint!)?

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 49
dhk79-
First of all, a big THANKS for making a scale F-16! I'm sure it will be much better than the one in the Add-ons pack. Not to mention lots of people will love to have an F-16 without buying the pack...

Here is a site with a couple different colorschemes. I like the "Mig-29 Scheme" the best for the F-16.

http://users.skynet.be/exotic.planes/htm/other/schemes.htm

But most importantly, it wouldn't be a proper F-16A without the original YF-16 Prototype paint scheme! Here's a site that has many views of the model, so it should be easy to recreate.

http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~kasatosi/YF-16.html

Once again, thanks a lot dhk79!

-BladeCP02

Blade,

I had thought of the original YF-16 prototype scheme as well, but choose to avoid due to copyright concerns.

Now I really like that other web site with the exotic schemes. It's posted to my favorites for future referance. I also note your request for the MIG-29 one.

dhk79-
I totally agree with the YF-16 scheme thing, I forgot about that part of it. Either scheme you choose, I'm sure it will look great in the air!
-BladeCP02

I think that you should go with the scheme efinkg suggested. I do like the prototype however I like the radical schemes. :p

dhk79 said:
Blade,

I had thought of the original YF-16 prototype scheme as well, but choose to avoid due to copyright concerns.

Now I really like that other web site with the exotic schemes. It's posted to my favorites for future referance. I also note your request for the MIG-29 one.
I like the skymaster tiger meet scheme.

Yeah, I like that one too, and will probably do it. But for now I took the lazy way out. The Mig-29 diagram was so nicely laid out, I could copy pieces of it right into my TGA and then just clean it up. So in just a couple of hours, I've gotten much of the exterior mapping done.

For those that are interested, this is being done at 1/5 scale.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I have not modeled it yet, but I figure to make that an extrusion from the front edge of the retract bay. So it hasn't been forgotten.

dhk79-
I knew you'd handle it somehow. Which model are you focusing on after this? You just can't have a scale F-16 without a scale Dassault Rafale!

Just kidding ... (wishful thinking)

-BladeCP02

Some nice shots of the Gear,hope it helps out some! :cool:
Can we get a "Armed to The Teeth" version too? :cool:

Attachments

• F-16-Q2.jpg
    F-16-Q2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 19
  • F-16-Q4.jpg
    F-16-Q4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 22
  • F-16-Q5.jpg
    F-16-Q5.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 16
  • F-16-micai-1.jpg
    F-16-micai-1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 17
Great shots of the gear.

I think that I've got the mains down pretty well (mostly by luck), but I need to take a closer look at my nose gear. I know that I didn't put in the spring hinge on the rear of the gear.

I know this is a pretty minor detail in the over-all scheme of things, but I think that I've finally perfected the way I want the *** end of a jet to look. I know it's dumb, but it's one of the little irritants I've had with RF. Hell, I may even make it glow...

Now to try to duplicate the burner visual effect with some very short lived color smoke.

Attachments

• Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 38
  • f16_7.jpg
    f16_7.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back