Lt. Cmdr. Kevin J. Davis memorial F/A-18 C

Any of you hear about a blue andgels pilot go down? Well i did,its a real sad story.
I think we should have a memorial of him by making his Blue Angel F/A-18C #6 with his name on it.I think we owe it to him.
Blue Angel News

Attachments

• lg-355343-3-1786.jpg
    lg-355343-3-1786.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
you dont have to get mad :( i just took it of KE so are you happy :confused:

And mybe you sould tell us what you want to make next time!!! :mad:

Last edited:
DrCool said:
you dont have to get mad :( i just took it of KE so are you happy :confused:

And mybe you sould tell us what you want to make next time!!! :mad:
I'm not mad,did you see a :mad: in that post?
Instead of being mad at me be mad at your self
DrCool said:
No offence opjose but yours does not fly real
Maybe you should grow up some and read more.
The version numbers were 3.5.033 op's E-flite we all have version 3.5.06 now. ;)

DrCool said:
:D IT DOESNT FLY REAL YOU GUYS AND HE DIDNT EVEN DO THE CS RIGHT IT IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT SO WHY DONT YOU GUYS READ UP :mad: :mad: :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not a bad juju thread,lets get back to the subect now.

Being ex-Navy myself, I have a tender spot in my heart for the Angels. So I'll do it, right down to the tail-hook.

If someone could get hold of a close-up of his plane, that shows LCDR Davis' name on the side, it'd be a big help for the paint job.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I have plenty of shots of the basic BA color scheme. What I am looking for is how his name was painted on the aircraft (i.e. full first & middle names, just initials, or a combination) and the font used.

BKM72 said:
Warbird.........quit fighting with yourself.

Go to ONE screen name. quit the B.S.
I was thinking the same thing!!!
dhk79 said:
Thanks, but I have plenty of shots of the basic BA color scheme. What I am looking for is how his name was painted on the aircraft (i.e. full first & middle names, just initials, or a combination) and the font used.
Just by looking at the pic of the jet going vertical, It apears that it is the full name. I know you cant read it but it looks too long to be just initials.

Last edited:
Found a pic online here from this posting. That has another name written as "Cdr Steve Foley". Nice closeup of the font too. Good luck.

Last edited:
Kojak's bird

dhk79 said:
From the Angel' site, I found the attached photo of Kojak during takeoff on his fatal flight, which shows "Lcdr Kevin Davis" in Blue Angels Yellow-Gold. Looks like a script font, but when I blow it up, it gets too fuzzy to really ID the font.
My best shot. Looking forward to your end-product. And, as always, thank you for the good work.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, those are perfect. Although I see that this is another of those pain in the neck variable camber airfoils. :eek: Looks like I'm going to have to do some research, if I'm going to make this scale. :(

BigGuy JT and BKM 72,"Think What You Want" He's a kid or some other age,i'm an older kid,i'm in high-school now,i'm not "warbird" any more,warbird was annoying quick temperd and was a heavy poster. Hey its a kid they "think" thats stuff is fun.
Being 14 & 1/2 is alot different from being 12.

2 things i'd like from both of you: 1.Give a reason why you dislike me. 2.Tell me what i can do to make myself a freind. ;)

Dhk79 i'll do some research on that F-18C ok.

Sure Blade, that'd be a big help. I'm looking for any design info on how the wings and control surfaces are configured.

I've started on the model and have the wings and tail feathers done. Just getting started on the fuselage and that part is going to be a real pain. lots of compound curves joining the various parts together.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 88
dhk79 said:
Sure Blade, that'd be a big help. I'm looking for any design info on how the wings and control surfaces are configured.

I've started on the model and have the wings and tail feathers done. Just getting started on the fuselage and that part is going to be a real pain. lots of compound curves joining the various parts together.
Still nothing but i found that the wing stabs move with the cambers.

How about no cambers at all? It would improve the flight performance,i noticed EXP. PK. aircraft don't have physical cambers just visual.
Got photos thanks to jetlegend.com and bvmjets.com

Attachments

• f18_2.jpg
    f18_2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 68
  • f18_3_sm.jpg
    f18_3_sm.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 72
  • f18_12.jpg
    f18_12.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 67
  • f18_armamen2.jpg
    f18_armamen2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 62
  • f18_armament.jpg
    f18_armament.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 71
more.

Attachments

• f18_cockpit.jpg
    f18_cockpit.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 68
  • f18_lg.jpg
    f18_lg.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 70
  • F18-kit.jpg
    F18-kit.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 66
  • F-18C%20QILUOJIA.jpg
    F-18C%20QILUOJIA.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 57
  • lg-355343-1-8670.jpg
    lg-355343-1-8670.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 83
some more lol,i wish we could upload more than 5 pictures so i could stop this. :eek:

Attachments

• Wheels%20for%20JET.jpg
    Wheels%20for%20JET.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 63
  • New%20Version%20F-18C.jpg
    New%20Version%20F-18C.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 62
  • mp_f18_sm.jpg
    mp_f18_sm.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 57
  • lg-356571-1-3219.jpg
    lg-356571-1-3219.jpg