What is ~CS_GLOBALOPTIONS?

chinlin

Building a Chinook

Hi all,
I am new here. I am learning to build helicopter model for G3.5.
but I wonder what is the ~CS_GLOBALOPTIONS means?
Can anyone help?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
~CS_GLOBALOPTIONS is a point helper object to control the general size of the aircraft when exported to .kex via 3dsmax. Under Object Properties/User Defined you will find in the KE - Example .max - files mainly the scale factor parameter and the surface smoothing parameter (NUP_MaxErrorSmoothingDeg=[Deg], I believe) which gives you control over the whole surface smoothing of all aircraft objects.

But instead of using the scale paramter you can simply resize you aircraft in your preferred 3D - editor and using mark sharp edges modifiers or split modifiers (Blender) to have control over the general smoothing of every single aircraft object.

Under 3dsmax you can also assign the smoothing parameter only on these objects you want to have special surface smoothing angles under Object Properties/User Defined of every single object.

Greets,

Max

Last edited:
maxkop said:
~CS_GLOBALOPTIONS is a point helper object to control the general size of the aircraft when exported to .kex via 3dsmax. Under Object Properties/User Defined you will find in the KE - Example .max - files mainly the scale factor parameter and the surface smoothing parameter (NUP_MaxErrorSmoothingDeg=[Deg], I believe) which gives you control over the whole surface smoothing of all aircraft objects.

But instead of using the scale paramter you can simply resize you aircraft in your preferred 3D - editor and using mark sharp edges modifiers or split modifiers (Blender) to have control over the general smoothing of every single aircraft object.

Under 3dsmax you can also assign the smoothing parameter only on these objects you want to have special surface smoothing angles under Object Properties/User Defined of every single object.

Greets,

Max
Thank you for your reply.
I am now building a chinook just for fun.

Attachments

• chinookROCArmy.JPG
    chinookROCArmy.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 38
  • ROC_CH-47SD_b.jpg
    ROC_CH-47SD_b.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 16
Back