UK rebate for G4

charles.16

don't hold your breath, there isn't one, and that comes direct from KE, so the price which is £95 for the basic outfit has to be paid in full which also means that you end up with the G3.5 or what ever as well, I thought the yanks were supposed to be our friends, looks like when money talks , fiends walk.

What do you mean, "end up with G3.5?" G4 is it's own program. It is not an update to G3.

looks like when money talks , fiends walk.
I thought fiends hung around, when money talked! :D

You should probably contact Great Planes about your rebate concerns, if you haven't already. I believe they are ultimately responsible for the rebate/allowance details.

Charles

charles.16 said:
don't hold your breath, there isn't one, and that comes direct from KE, so the price which is £95 for the basic outfit has to be paid in full which also means that you end up with the G3.5 or what ever as well, I thought the yanks were supposed to be our friends, looks like when money talks , fiends walk.

It sure would be interesting to know why they have not extended the rebate to our foreign friends. But, to be honest, while 200 maybe a lot to pay to have the latest and greatest, I see it as less offensive then the 680 million dollar judgment the EU just handed down against MS just for being kind enough to include a media player with there OS for me. :D

Well I think we in the U.S.A forget our money is worth nothing right now! Basically $200.00 U.S is a 100 pounds in the UK. Thats half the cost, I'm buying my buddy a copy of G.4 and sending it free shipping thru my company. 100 pounds to the UK.

The first time I went to the UK I took 3000.00 dollars and got almost 6000 pounds.
Exact opposite now!

Exchange rate might kill the cost of a rebate?

Now don't rip me a new one cause this does not apply to all countries.

Last edited:
Quote Flying Pez

'I see it as less offensive then the 680 million dollar judgment the EU just handed down against MS just for being kind enough to include a media player with there OS for me.' :eek:

I think the fact that Germany is trying to stop the practice of a bundled an OS with new machines sold in Europe will be far more interesting! Restrictive practices what ever and how ever they come only stifle the market the loser is the user ultimately we all lose. A bundled media player filled with DRM control that is not as good as other media players is restrictive in the fact that users wont be bothered paying for the improved product out there as they have had the choice taken from them by the so called free offering. MS use the OS as a platform to dominate the market with the inclusion of built in products none of which are the best in class.

Have you met the Gutsy Gibbon? Linux is coming to a desktop near you.

Free and Open to All now you cant say fairer than that can you. If you don't like a package just go and download an alternative one for free and its instant you don't like that then try again or write a new one edit the code of an old one. So much freedom of choice oh and a free Core OS update every six months. Low system resources required. You can Run a Vista equivalent desk top with Gutsy on a P4 and low-end Graphics card Oh ye and it works! Visit Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon V7.10

I also have the right to buy Phoenix and support the UK economy which seems like a good move. Good job MS don't bundle an RC sim eh! Oh ye and Phoenix needs less resources to run.

Last edited:
Humm, I don’t think I could have proven my point better – that was great.
Why use a bundled media player filled with DRM you ask – simple answer is, you don’t have to. You can if you want but as you pointed out, you can either switch to Linux or more easily download a freeware player for XP/ Vista and be done with it.
That was my whole point – they got billed for millions for anti-competitive practices when in reality there are tons of other choices out there for MS’s OS and others.

“Have you met the Gutsy Gibbon? Linux is coming to a desktop near you”
That’s a great, ideaistc point but I’ve been hearing that since 1991. I even used to run Ubuntu for fun - but that's just it, I can not use it for work - no programs I need will work yet. Nothing is wrong with the 20 or so major versions which all work, install, and require different degrees of coding knowledge to use. In certain aspects it’s even ahead of the OS curve with things like multiple desktops ( which MAC just got last week in Leopard ) but, I don’t know, right now I’d prefer to have one OS run all my critical software (Like Adobe’s Master collection and oh, I don‘t know maybe REAL FLIGHT ) thanks anyway.

Back