Su-30mk

This SU-30 is a 2seater with The 2D thrust Vectoring. it also has the Added stability of the Canards and Gyro Stabilization.

Several Countries have them in there Forces.
India, Venezuela, Malaysia, Indonesia, China (PLA), and of cause Russia.

Most of the Credit for the Production and Development can go to the IAF (Indian Air Force) with there Push and Demand, they have Implemented The technology of many different Companies to Bring the SU30 out of the Cold war days , and into Modern High tech Weaponry and Avionics. (Effectively giving this Old bird a New set of Eyes and Some Powerful Punching power.

Further Information on the SU-30 MKs can be found on Wiki

Special Thanks To DHK and OPJose for the Early stage testing
Aircraft 3Dfile by CDT
Physics By CDT
Color Scheme By CDT

Physics description.
Gear switch, flaps knob, and Low High rate switch are as they are.

3-Way switch
(Norm Position)will put you in Aero mode (IE No Vectoring)
(Mid Position) will give you Thrust Vectoring
(High Position) Will give you Thrust Vectoring and Gyro

When in the High Position, your Duel Rate switch is now;
High rate and HH Mode
Low Rate and Rate Gyro

Selecting Gear down will kill a little throttle and automatically Disengage the Thrust vectoring.

Breaks. Air and Wheel are only available in Gear down with throttle Below Half and 1/4 for wheel breaks.

Expect to crash this Plane, but expect to have some Fun with it in time.

Last edited:
Looks great, did not have time to test it yet but flies totally different than my SU-27, I believe it's mostly the size and thrust vectoring ..... I will test it soon.

Great job CDT... :D

Andrzej

Great model and a blast to fly. I just adjusted a few things.
After some tinkering to get it to fly the way I wanted I came up with my varient.

Here is my varient of the SU-30 with actual thrust vectoring. For normal flight put the 3 position switch in the middle position and to deploy the flaps and spoiler move it to the up position. Enjoy! Please give me feedback.

Attachments

• SU-30MKx kb_AV.G3X
    23.6 KB · Views: 50
Great job!! The only problem I had was keeping it in the frame of my monitor. It wants to shoot right out of the frame on auto mode ( not manual zoom mode). Maybe i am doing something wrong?

Steven

gevonovich said:
Great job!! The only problem I had was keeping it in the frame of my monitor. It wants to shoot right out of the frame on auto mode ( not manual zoom mode). Maybe i am doing something wrong?

Steven
Yes you are, most likely you have AutoZoom zoomed in too far. The camera lag is not allowing to track the craft while in flight.
While in Autozoom, press the Backspase key, that should reset the zoom to the default zoom level. Just like manual zoom you can adjust it with + and - keys.

gevonovich said:

Steven
Also
Put your camera Lag to some where near 5%. You may find the same effect is useful if you fly other jets. Such as the F22. (actually You will probably need to put the Camera lag down to 2% for the F22 :) )

Bryce.

Attachments

• Camera Lag.jpg
    Camera Lag.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 53
I sure did like it,except there must be a bug...i think its too good to be true... possible bug :rolleyes: :D
I didn't really like the fact that everything is done for me,but besides that its perfect! :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1196645486.jpg
    ScreenShot1196645486.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 29
  • ScreenShot1196645308.jpg
    ScreenShot1196645308.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 30
  • ScreenShot1196645253.jpg
    ScreenShot1196645253.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 45
Excellent EA!!

I think this EA really pushes that creative envelope and shows what collective brilliance can produce, please keep up the excellent work guys!!!!!! :D

strongmankb said:
Here is my varient of the SU-30 with actual thrust vectoring. For normal flight put the 3 position switch in the middle position and to deploy the flaps and spoiler move it to the up position. Enjoy! Please give me feedback.

The original model had the thrust vectoring tied to gyros which was controlled via the 3 position switch.

Did you change this?

I didn't realize this at the time. I did change my varient to use thrust vectoring all of the time. As well as moving the flaps and spoilers to the three position switch. I also increased the aircrafts roll rate.

That actually detracts a bit from it.

The thrust vectoring is gyro stabilized, to be used in High Alpha flight.

It is supposed to be off for normal flight including landings.

If it's on all the time you get a "notchy" feel to the elevator.

I haven't tried your variant yet, but the 3 position switch controls the vectoring in different configurations.

It's also tied into the flaps and gyros, so eliminating this has all sorts of effects.

Very complex model!!! I LIKE!!! Havn't had time to digest the whole thing but the control interactions are impressive. HATS OFF to you guys. Am I going to edit this one?..... You bet! What a challenge.... see if I can make the control interactions and the physics blend a bit better. THANKS!!! :)

nemo_uk said:
nice model ...

click the picture for a quick flat spin demo ...
Nice Flying Nemo :)

strongmankb;
Good luck with the edit. There are probably a Dozen ways to do this bird. I hope you find one you like :)

WingDude;
Whats the more maneverable plane, the F-22 or the SU-30MK? Isn't it the F-22?
The Su 30MKI IS, same with the SU35 and the other canard and 2D thrust vectored jets.
But Maneuverable is not what Makes the F-22 , The F-22 is almost as Powerful as a AWACS. is stream lined and is also more maneuverable in the Pitch axis with its 20deg -/+ pitch thrust vectoring.

Read more About the F-22.

Bryce.

So. Yes the Su

Back