G4 Change Mode

Acrow

I am a Newbie and have just started using G4 and really adore the graphics etc.

The version I have is set up for mode 1. I would like to try mode 2.

Although I have found a knowledge base item, it has not been updated for G4.

Can any one offer advice?

You can use the channel mapping dialog (in the "Controller" menu) to reassign channels from your InterLink. Obviously, this does not change the physical location of the sticks.

FYI: RealFlight ships with a mode 2 controller (yaw and throttle on the left stick, pitch and roll on the right stick), at least in the U.S. I mention this to ensure that you aren't confused as to which mode goes with which control layout.

Mode 2: yaw & throttle left; roll & pitch right
Mode 1: yaw & pitch left; roll & throttle right

It was definitely supplied as Mode 1 because:
1) that it how it flys and
2) that is how it is labelled on the product bar code strip.

When I purchased it, that was the only "version" I was offered.

Glad to know it can be re-mappped.

GO TO MODE 1.... ONLY 8 OF THE TOP 10 fai pATTERN PILOTS ON EARTH FLY MODE 1....
LIKE MOST NOTEABLY QQ and CPLR
;)

Mithrandir said:
GO TO MODE 1.... ONLY 8 OF THE TOP 10 fai pATTERN PILOTS ON EARTH FLY MODE 1....
LIKE MOST NOTEABLY QQ and CPLR
;)
"But mom, all my friends are jumping off a bridge!!!"

Hello,
is there a chance to change the left and right stick on the controller in G4 ?

In the controller .... is it mechanical way to change from mode1 to mode2 ?
left to right for the throttle stick ?!

Hellohooo ,
you read my message ? ? ?

G 4 !

or do you 100 % know its the same with the new G4 Transmitter ? ?

higgy said:
Hellohooo ,
you read my message ? ? ?

G 4 !

or do you 100 % know its the same with the new G4 Transmitter ? ?
Hellohooo,
read my message ---> I just thought I'd try to help you? ? ? ?
It won't happen again! Next time do your own search!

Hey, I was just trying to help you out. If you're going to yell at people who try to point you in the right direction, you probably won't get much more help here. This is a user forum. Users aren't paid to help other users. Perhaps you'd be better off searching for the tech support phone number and calling them. They're paid to put up with people like you.

Mode 2...

Acrow said:
I am a Newbie and have just started using G4 and really adore the graphics etc.

The version I have is set up for mode 1. I would like to try mode 2.

Although I have found a knowledge base item, it has not been updated for G4.

Can any one offer advice?

... to switch to mode 2 for G4 is the same as for G3.5, The inside of the interface both look alike, although I have not done the mod myself, I have read the instructions for the switch and it looks pretty straight forward.
My suggestion is to remove the back and look at the instructions you were given the link to and see if they seem to describe the inside of your interface.
If so, then you can proceed to try the mod. If not, just put the cover back on the interface and call tech support.

Good luck,

Jim

P.S. You get alot more help in the future, if you take a chill pill before replying in the above manner.

I know him from rc-sim.de, some people have a strange way of dealing with others...
and if you are admin at the same time it might be useful to remember again how to ask for help... :p

Once more :

what have i write badly ? ? ?

I ask for G4, and get an aswer for G3 ...

So i say to him i need it for G4 ! ! !

I didnt say anything strange to him !

Once again, there is no way to change the sticks in G4, now i know it from a user !

very funny users here :(

Once more:
You asked a question about changing the mode of the controller. I gave you a link that describes the physical procedure of rearranging the components of the controller. (And I'm SURE you already found that page by searching.) That webpage is the only page I know of that addresses your issue. Before chastising me, did you take the cover off your G4 Interlink to see if it compared to the G3 Interlink, the process that is described to change modes? I'm betting not, because you would find that they are set up basically the same. Sometimes things don't change from one revision to another. One thing we agree on: there are very funny users here.

Did you open up the back of your G4 controller to see if it's similar to the above directions for the G3.5 controller? I've had it apart (but no need for me to change mine) I also would assume it's a simple swap over.

But until you take a minute to unscrew YOUR controller YOU won't know.

Which user said it wouldn't work??

You do come across rather "harsh" with your questions and comments especially after someone did try and help you.

jeffpn said:
Once more:
You asked a question about changing the mode of the controller. I gave you a link that describes the physical procedure of rearranging the components of the controller. (And I'm SURE you already found that page by searching.) That webpage is the only page I know of that addresses your issue. Before chastising me, did you take the cover off your G4 Interlink to see if it compared to the G3 Interlink, the process that is described to change modes? I'm betting not, because you would find that they are set up basically the same. Sometimes things don't change from one revision to another. One thing we agree on: there are very funny users here.

i have no time for such kids like you, i have look inside, and i search before, and i found this page, but its for G 3 , ! that is one version lower than 4 ?!
You didnt kniow the G4 controller ?
You see inside, you bet i do niot, i bet you didnt do this !
So its my last text here, have better things to do than bet with such kids here and let me tell you know me and what i do in my life ...

nice weekend and restlife !

Logout , admins please delete my acoount here !

We stated the G4 controller inside is basically the same as the G3.5 controller.

Take a little effort on your part to check the rest!!! IDIOT is all that comes to mind.......TRY IT

And if you are done with this forum why are you still logged on?? I just looked?

Last edited:
higgy said:
Once more :

what have i write badly ? ? ?

I ask for G4, and get an aswer for G3 ...

So i say to him i need it for G4 ! ! !

I didnt say anything strange to him !

Once again, there is no way to change the sticks in G4, now i know it from a user !

very funny users here :(

He gave you a good answer, and he took the time to answer you.

He did not have to do it. He was trying to aid you.

YOU "YELLED" at him and responded poorly in the way you wrote back.

You may not have realized that this is how you sounded, but you did.

Back