DX6i on RealFlight G4

It's funny you posted this as it is exactly what I was just working on, getting the dx6i (Blade 400 radio) working for the Heli's in G4. I will try your method and report back.

Is there a reason you aren't using 3 servo 120 deg. swash mixing?

GreenBar0n said:
Is there a reason you aren't using 3 servo 120 deg. swash mixing?

Yes. It's simply not how RF works. RF does the channel mixing for you. If you set a 120deg swash, it just doesn't work right.

Please sticky this post. I followed it to the letter and now my dx6i is working better than I would have hoped for, near flawless as far as I can tell.

I was trying to setup in 120 mode and it was not working as you have pointed out.

Thanks for taking the time to create this guide int2str, you are my newest hero :D .

Great job!

EDIT: I just had to come back and say how much better and smoother the flight is with the dx6i. I hadn't really gotten an opportunity to really use the dx6i for much other than hovering, as I am new to the Blade 400. Thanks again int2str.

Last edited:
good stuff...

That is an awesome thread, a lot of people have the DX6i because they bought the ever popular B400.

You made it all simple for all of us.

Thank you. :D

No sticky's? Bump :D .

EDIT: Even if we could have a generic sticky for known and good G4/trainer radio-model configurations, it would help some people.

Last edited:
Careful, Blade, you'll wind up with the whole forum in your sticky. I don't think I was issued my DX6i. Could this apply to everyone? :D

Blade Scraper said:
I've added the information to my sticky, please check it out at the bottom of post #1 https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=19996

That's a start, thanks Blade Scraper.

jeffpn said:
I don't think I was issued my DX6i. Could this apply to everyone? :D

No not everyone has a DX6i, but for the price and features, what are they waiting for? :)
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM6600

But I meant a Sticky dedicated to all models of radios, that members here have configured for G4 and can then share their experience.

Just a thought, I'll say no more about it.

New to RF?

I'm new to Real Flight and to the forum and I'm wondering if this is the same setup for Real Flight 7.5 with using the Spectrum DX6i and the Real Flight interface box/cable with the reset button that came with my Real Flight. It's the new Transmitter Interface Edition, came with the interface box with a reset button USB on one side and a jack to plug into the back of the DX6i that I bought.
Also, in mine I don't see the same Channel Mapping screen that you have the picture of. Am I just missing something or just lame in the brain?

You want to check out the Stickie in the 7.5 section where it is explained how to set up your particular radio.

This area is for G4, so the above answers only apply to the older version.

Back