George's F-16

dhk79

Here's the story behind George's F-16:

Katonka has been ribbing me about not having an ejection seat for a while, so I thought I'd give him one. I took my F-16 (which already had an ejection seat modeled), added the pilot's body from the M-18 and the helmet & mask from the F-4. The plane was rigged such that it would fly along all day until you raised the gear.

The gear action would then start a chain reaction beginning with a 1 second puff of smoke - 1st indication there was trouble afoot. If you re-lower the gear at that point, you can land without further problems.

If you don't lower the gear, however, the plane will continue to fly normally for up to 30 seconds and then all hell would bust loose. A massive amount of smoke would start gouting from the plane, and the pilot would eject (blowing the canopy in the process). Since a plane can't fly very well without its pilot, it would become somewhat uncontrollable. Not completely uncontrollable (as I didn't think that would be fair), but it should be enough to catch all but very experienced R/C pilots with their pants down.

Doug

Attachments

• ScreenShot1217350854.jpg
    ScreenShot1217350854.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Eject Sequence

For those of you who have not been able to catch the full sequence in the air, here it is:

Image 1 - Took off, flying fat, dumb, & happy. Raised gear & smelled some smoke. It went away, guess everything's OK as the plane seems to be handling fine.

Image 2 - Continuing mission, making another pass around the Op Area.

Image 3 - Finished another complete pass around the Op Area; but problems are back, the plane is listing hard to port, my elevator has turned to mush, and I seem to be on fire.

Image 4 - "Mayday, Mayday, Going down in sector 12".

Image 5 - Oh well! There goes another $14.6 Million in taxpayer's dollars.

Attachments

• NDVD_000.jpg
    NDVD_000.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 98
  • NDVD_001.jpg
    NDVD_001.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 90
  • NDVD_002.jpg
    NDVD_002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 94
  • NDVD_003.jpg
    NDVD_003.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 142
  • NDVD_004.jpg
    NDVD_004.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 112
"Ya'well you'll get yours"

I knew he could do it !! Wasn't a doubt in my mind.

No one knows this next valuable piece of information but me:

Doug has been contracted by RF and is working on the next version. It is going to be "G-K 4.5" The K stands for "Kill"

When this one goes on the market, all other versions will not work anymore. So you will have to use it.

In this version, it will be necessary for your seat to be wired for 220 volts and will not work unless it is.

It will make better pilots out of all of us.

Well not exactly all of us.

Crashes will be taken seriously. And accordingly to how bad you crash will determine the amount of charge you will get.

Remember, not all aircraft have ejection seats.

"Wolf Phantom II" is currently being used for testing this version.

Real Flight is going to become "Real Flight"

Katonka said:

Doug has been contracted by RF and is working on the next version. It is going to be "G-K 4.5" The K stands for "Kill"

When this one goes on the market, all other versions will not work anymore. So you will have to use it.

In this version, it will be necessary for your seat to be wired for 220 volts and will not work unless it is.

Crashes will be taken seriously. And accordingly to how bad you crash will determine the amount of charge you will get.

right....whatever

Katonka said:

ha ha ha ha YAY!!! :D :D :D (just keep those 220 volts away from me!)

Back