Blade 400

Palmi

Hi guys, I am pretty new to this but I do have 3 helis, Blade 400, CX2 and MCX (I am loving this by the way...). I have noticed there is no Blade 400 available in the swap pages but here is the thing, I am a 3d modeling expert (3d max and Rhino) and I would be more than happy to do the modeling if someone else would team up and do the a) colors scheme and b) the physics. All I need to know what format the files have to be in (Max, 3ds, stl or ?). It should be pretty straight forward to model this. Of course if someone else is working on it then let me know.
thanks

Hi Palmi

Hey Palmi

I have no clue on Helie set up. But the operation is about the some on getting an Aircraft and a helie in to Real flight.

Use Max to make the Model and save it in ####.3DS format. There is a plug-in provided here http://www.knifeedge.com/KEmax/downloads.php for the version of Max you have to export the model to RF. Max will alloy you to do every thing you need. Model need to be under 20 k polyies, Must be mapped to a single map. The Pivots need to be placed on the items what will move. You'll need to ask a helie guy for there placement I'm still only making planes. The Hierarchy needs to be set for the parts Parents and Child attachments and the parts need to be named to a loose naming standard. Some this needs to be named to a set name and other can be name any thing you want, but if some one else is doing the physic it nice if he know what the parts are.

Check link above to see any any one posted that they are working on this model
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=19352

and there is a link like this in the G3.5 section too..

Hope this help.

Welcome 3D expert, Model creators are in high demand around here.
Usually when a new guy asks how to get started, they are pointed to the stickies.

You seem to have a headstart on most, so this page should make sense to you:
http://www.knifeedge.com/KEmax/

There is the Plug-in you need for 3dsMax along with some KnifeEdge authored tutorials. The Plug-in even includes a sample heli that should help you with the naming, hierarchy and pivots required.

Read those tutorials and the Artist's guide .pdf and that should get you on your way. Also several posts around the forums discussing the process.

Good Luck,
Frank...

Palmi said:
Hi guys, I am pretty new to this but I do have 3 helis, Blade 400, CX2 and MCX (I am loving this by the way...). I have noticed there is no Blade 400 available in the swap pages but here is the thing, I am a 3d modeling expert (3d max and Rhino) and I would be more than happy to do the modeling if someone else would team up and do the a) colors scheme and b) the physics. All I need to know what format the files have to be in (Max, 3ds, stl or ?). It should be pretty straight forward to model this. Of course if someone else is working on it then let me know.
thanks

hi there could u make ma f3p malubu or an indoor f3p monoplane so i dnt have to practise with the freestyle like yak 55 profile

ty very mutch heres a link with a picture email me for more http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3202

no... no....

Nooooo!!! :eek:

Wrong place to request an aircraft... please put your request in the "request aircraft here" thread. Yes, I know it's 80 pages long and there are 10,000 requests, but that is the "line" as it were and there really are that many requests ahead of yours.

So many people have requested the Blade 400, and for so many months... Please do NOT distract the modeler who is making the Holy Grail of model requests!!! ;)

Preciousssss blade 400ssss.... soon it will be on realflightssessss....

thpppttt said:
Yes, I know it's 80 pages long and there are 10,000 requests, but that is the "line" as it were and there really are that many requests ahead of yours.
There is no "line" for requests. Modelers may see an aircraft request, and it may spark him. In other words, if I request a model today, and a modeler thinks, "Hmmm. That would be a cool model," that model would jump to the front of your line. (Especially if 3-views and other data are provided with my request.) These modelers are not employees. They are users just like you and me. Would you model an aircraft that you you had absolutely no interest in? Of course not!

Jeff you must not be one of the people anxiously awaiting the Blade 400! :p

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, but I stand by my statement that the "request aircraft here" thread is the place to request aircraft models.

thpppttt said:
Jeff you must not be one of the people anxiously awaiting the Blade 400! :p
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that one. I'd love to have a real one.
thpppttt said:
Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, but I stand by my statement that the "request aircraft here" thread is the place to request aircraft models.
I could not agree with you more. I just wouldn't want anyone to think that there is a "line" of requests at all. Of course, the "Request aircraft here" is the place to request aircraft. But modelers aren't starting on page 1 of that thread, and working their way down the list. Modelers design any plane they desire, not according to a list. If I requested a plane 6 months ago, and you requested a plane today that someone decided to do, I've got no bone to pick with anyone, no grudge to be held.

Why are you saying that the thread should be closed? You didn't even start it, Palmi did. And he is making an EA of the Blade 400, not an AV.

jeffpn said:
Why are you saying that the thread should be closed? You didn't even start it, Palmi did. And he is making an EA of the Blade 400, not an AV.

Not only that but Palmi is in G.4 and Teamsmashbros is using G.3.5?

Btw

I forgot to change the motor. I will be posting a new one soon.
Btw G3X files work for G4, and should be the standard so that people (like me) who use G3.5 would not be punished for not having upgraded to G4 yet. Just you wait when I get G4.5 so that now you will be excluded from both my Gazaur heli updates AND any new AVs that I make. Then you will know how it's like to be excluded because you have an "Obsolete" product. Just like what happened to G3.0 and the entire Realrace series.

P.S. Yes you did set something off with me. And you may regret it later when G5 comes out. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
I'm already running G4.5, and I'm sure I'll have newer versions before you too.

It's called a well paying job...

Teamsmashbros said:
Yes you did set something off with me. And you may regret it later when G5 comes out. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I don't know if you were referring to me. Not to worry, when G5 comes out, I'll have it, too.

Uhhh, NOPE.
That is not what the OP had in mind.
He is willing to make a custom model that "LOOKS" just like a real Blade400.
The request was NOT for a variant.

Sometimes you just gotta step back and think for a bit what is the best way to help, don't be so eager to blindly make your mark.
You will be noticed if your stuff is good, you don't have to try so hard.

Teamsmashbros said:
This topic should be closed because I just uploaded it to the G3.5 Swap pages.

Teamsmashbros said:
Can't we all just get along, despite what version of Realflight they are using?
Absolutely. Anyone know who brought up all that talk about versions, anyway? :eek:

Back