NEW Fully Detailed, Trex 600 Nitro Pro for G4.5

stuartmp74

This model is an upgrade or the Trex 600 Nitro Pro - "VERSION 1" That I did for Realflight G4.0

I have made a few physics tweaks.
Upgraded the paddles to the new Align light weight carbon ones.
I have also added extra detail to the Model I now use Aluminum 7075 T-6 Bolts & saved myself 95 grams.

All feedback is welcome. Download and Enjoy

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/8192

Problem with this download and G4.5

Please check your comments on the download page. I cannot get this Heli to work properly in G4.5. As soon as i select the heli, after i import it, it shuts down G4.5 and i have to restart it. Whats up with this?
The G4.0 version works fine in G4.5 but not the G4.5 version 2.

Same problem

I have G4: 4.50.025 loaded and am having the same problem. Aircraft imported OK, but when I select it or try to delete it it crashes (G4.5 program closes and PC goes back to the XP Pro desktop). In case it matters I have the RealFlight Add-Ons Volumes 1, 2, 3 & 4 installed.

Last edited:
Now that is strange i have both in my G4.5 and i have no issues with the G4 or G4.5 heli.
I have been trying to get the same thing to happen that you guys are talking about but just can't get it to crash my system, i've been in and editing both helis and still no problems.Not sure what this heli is doing to make your systems crash?Maybe delete and download and install again?

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue, G4.5 just crashes when I select this. I've tried with both the v4 installed and without.

Update: I went into my G4 files in My Document\Realflight G4\Vehicles and deleted everything having to do with the Trex 600N from every sub folder and reloaded it.

First time I launched G4.5 the heli loaded with no skin, then G4.5 crashed

Second time I launched the skin was there. I flew it for a couple of minutes and realized I needed to do some minor editing. It crashed when I opened the editor.

Third try, it crashed when I opened the editor.

Fourth time I was able to edit, I made a copy, edited it some. Sim crashed when trying to save from the editor.

After this the sim repeatedly crashed upon launching because the default model it was trying to load was the 600n 4.5 file. I finally got it to load and immediately switched to my default modified Dominion and I'm back to square one, if I select the OEM model or my modified variant I get dumped straight to desktop. Something isn't right with this model...

Michael

Last edited:
Ok I have re created the model files again

I tested it a number of times on my machine with no problem.

So if some people would like to test if for me before I Post V2

Please send me your personal e-mail address to my Personal mail box and I will

send you a copy to try. hopefully with your feedback we can get the G4.5 version working.

Last edited:
Dec04 4:30EDT Just Downloaded and re-installed. Had to overwrite blades. Created DDS (or was in process of) and then crashed the software back to desktop. Restarted RF... selected heli and another crash. I had this heli in 4.0 (loved it) and removed it first. Final Result.... same problem as others..... crashes RF G4.5... I am willing to wait till you get it right... great chopper.

GaryC said:
I have G4: 4.50.025 loaded and am having the same problem. Aircraft imported OK, but when I select it or try to delete it it crashes (G4.5 program closes and PC goes back to the XP Pro desktop). In case it matters I have the RealFlight Add-Ons Volumes 1, 2, 3 & 4 installed.

Last edited:
I'm getting the very same issue guys. Crashes G4.5 when trying to create the DDS. I got the point of having the Heli loaded when the system then crashed before being able to take control. As it was on the spawn - G4.5 crashed when it started each time. The only way to cure this was to restore the defaults to load the Extra 300L default plane.

I have this issue with other Custom EA's too. The T-38 Thunderbird did it last night too but a couple of resets and a reload fixed that one.

I can't fly the updated TRex 600 or 450 for G4.5. They both crash the system.

I haven't deleted the G4 (or previous) versions however.

Q. What is the best method of deleting a previous Custom Model? is it just to go to the C:/ directory where they are stored and delete the files or is there an "un-install" option/function? I'm thinking windows type .dll scenarios...

Thanks

Jon

There is a 'managage user files' function inside the sim. Check under the <simulation> heading. (Hit alt-s.)

Version 2 Please Test

Hi Guy's

Please give this file a test for me and then report back to this forum page.

If is is well I will post it to the Swap Pages.

Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Trex 600N-G45-V2_EA.RFX
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
No problems here with V2.

Very Nice Job. :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1228469012.jpg
    ScreenShot1228469012.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 24
Negative here... still crashing RF ... "unexpected error occurred would you like to report to KE? Then program ends. Keep going... I know it is worth the wait.

I saw the next post about color schemes.... I do not have any color schemes to delete.

Got a snarky comment? Just keep it to yourself.

stuartmp74 said:
Hi Guy's

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
This fix the error for me!!

Hi.

First, thank's for the exelent model.

I did have the same problem with both this variants V1 and V2. The program exit and sometime the pc hang-up.

Trying to figure out there the error could be, I was starting to do some test.

First I did delete the file:trex 600 nitro pro g45-v2 - white canopy - white skids.colorscheme
in the >ColorSchemes< folder.

I did a restart of the RFG45, and oouups! it did function 100%.

So the error must be in this file I think.

Try if this solve the problem also for you.

Leo2 TMFK Sweden.

:)

stuartmp74 said:
Hi Guy's

Fingers crossed.
Pssst... People around here don't like sneak previews, especially when they're free. Some people call them 'betas.'. They think they are being ripped off! ;)

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
Pssst... People around here don't like sneak previews, especially when they're free. Some people call them 'betas.'. They think they are being ripped off! ;)

:D too funny.

Hey btw... Just out of curiosity.
Is it possible for a poster in the swap pages to delete his/her post?

I know RealFlight likes to map the RealWorld

So why not creating a junk/unreliable/in the name of science section in the Swap Pages called "prototypes"?

If you have balls big enough then try prototypes at your own risks
If you survive please report back to base and describe your life defying experience.

If things like system crashes make you cry... You are not fit for the job, go see your mommy. Don't bother.

We want folks like the ones found in THE RIGHT STUFF(1983)

Last edited:
I noticed last night, when ever someone tried to fly this heli in the on-line multiplayer areas, that it crashed the group each time...

just more information... hope you are not having too many late nights on this thing.

Back