Deuces Wild WIP

herc40

Hello guys,

This is the Deuces Wild made by E-Flite. It is the first Platinum Series sport plane to have Twin engines. The Deuces Wild is a sport plane capable of aerobatic maneuvers, and should be a great addition to the swaps. Here are some pics of what I have so far, and one of the orignal

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 14
  • pic 2.JPG
    pic 2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 34
  • EFL4550-350.jpg
    EFL4550-350.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Looks very good.

Watch that canopy, nose and nacelle profile.

It needs just a bit of nudging to look more like the original.

Hello

I have noticed that the Fuselage frame is basicly squared design with rounded edges, as you can see in these pics. I have decided to change that about the aircraft and will change the narcelles as well, as you can see from the top view, there are square too.

Attachments

• Deuces wild 2.jpg
    Deuces wild 2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DeucesWild_Assembly11c.jpg
    DeucesWild_Assembly11c.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Can you model the canopy as a separate component?

Not only would this improve the look, but it could also break off in flight or during crashes.

ok

here is the revamp, with the canopy also. I need to round out the canopy a bit more. I also need to smooth out a bunch of lines and make it look better, but at least, it looks more like the pics I have to model off of. There are no 3 views, so its hard to say, unless someone happens to have one, and can verify my thinking. enjoy guys.

To answer your question Opjose, I do plan to model the canopy as an object. I also plan to model this pilot and slap him into the bird.

Attachments

• pic 3.JPG
    pic 3.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 18
  • pic 4.JPG
    pic 4.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 25
  • pic 5.JPG
    pic 5.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 450-450-01AC23569D6188DB75B27E72F4BF9FD4.jpg
    450-450-01AC23569D6188DB75B27E72F4BF9FD4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Canopy

I worked on the canopy today, I'm not exactly happy with it, and may chose to change it later on, but its ok for now.

Attachments

• pic 6.JPG
    pic 6.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 41
herc40 said:
I worked on the canopy today, I'm not exactly happy with it, and may chose to change it later on, but its ok for now.

Those little touches really help.

That looks very different than your first post and IMHO more like the actual plane.

Looks like the orignal

one, is just a flat stab with rounded edges. If anyone has this bird and wants to verify that this, please do so. check out this pic.

Attachments

• DeucesWild_Parts2.jpg
    DeucesWild_Parts2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
  • pic 7.JPG
    pic 7.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
ok

I'll let you be the judge, Maj. here are the same pics, One of my bird and one of the orignal. I give it to you guys, if things need to be changed, let hash them out here rather than later, after all the modeling is done. All this imput, helps me make a greater model, and after all, thats what makes this fat man, jolly.

Attachments

• pic 8.JPG
    pic 8.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 14
  • e2efl4550side.jpg
    e2efl4550side.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
ok after father review

I see the problem, its not that the nose is longer, the canopy is miss placed. everything esle, looks pretty close besides the MMVS, and I'll set that up too. Thanks Maj. Skully, pretty good eye you got there. ;)

Attachments

• pic 9.jpg
    pic 9.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 16
Ok,
The line on the top of fuse appears to me to be too low at bottom of canopy. You can tell this by the fact that the turtle deck is to level. It should run up hill a little more from the enfanage. Allso the nose needs a more gentle continius curve from the canopy to spiner. Next the canopy is to blunt at leading/ top.
Would like to see a top view of both. Something has me wondering if there is a desportion between the nesel in front of the wing, and the wing cord?

Part of what I see on the nose is the top of spiner has to much curve. Another thing I see is the top and bottom of nessels should be more flat, with curves at both ends.

Dont worry

Im gonna redo the canopy area, and hopefully make it better. I said before that I was actually saticfied with it. so I'll just change up and model a new one. Thanks for the imput Flexi, It helps out alot.

Back