Cessna 195

pplace

Hey guys, I've been hunting on and off for some nice 3-views of a Cessna 195 but keep coming up empty handed (can't even find bad 3-views) Any leads on any?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Cessna 195.jpg
    Cessna 195.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 79
This is the first good one that I've found.

I'll keep my eye open tonight...

Attachments

• 198Dims.jpg
    198Dims.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 49
pplace...try http://www.cessna195.org

I found this in the library under "Brochures"...Not exactly ideal, but it is something!

Brochure5_page3.jpg

Seems to be a great place to start?

Good luck!

Griff
twoeleven

Jeez Dane, that's a tough one! Did a little searching and this is all I could find, with enough "hacking/slashing" in Gimp or PS you might be able to get something usable out of them.

Here's where I found 'em at, about 1/2 way down the page with some other similar plans:

http://myunclewilliestoo.com/about4.html

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Cessna 195 Wing.jpg
    Cessna 195 Wing.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Cessna 195.jpg
    Cessna 195.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 33
I got one about 3 miles from my house if you need some detail close up pics.

Attachments

• Ces-195.jpg
    Ces-195.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 34
Yeah, I would have gone to junk first! he's got the one-up on us all on this type of aircraft. Some good finds fellas. I'm hunting for some good views for a project as well... really obscure aircraft tho... not gonna hijack.

Junkboy999 said:
I got one about 3 miles from my house if you need some detail close up pics.

Hey guys....thanks for the finds so far. I think some of those would work (more than I ever found) but still hoping for larger more detailed 3-views to show up.

Junkboy...the in flight pic I attached is my friends 195. That day him and I went out flying (my son and I flew out in the 195, then I flew with another buddy on the way back.......that's when I took the air to air pics)

Edit: Attached a pic of my son and I just after landing.

Attachments

• Cessna 195 (2).jpg
    Cessna 195 (2).jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
BTW, one of the articles said "outwardly, there are no visual differences between the 190 and 195. 190 was powered by a 240 hp Continental, and the 195 by a 300 hp Jacobs". But...There doesn't seem to be too many 3 views for the 190 either!!!

Good luck again, maybe somewhere there are some 190 3 views...

Griff
twoeleven

Ok

I found something you can work with, I think it will help you out. I made the pic so forgive the gaps. double click on to get the large size pic.

Attachments

• Cessna 195.jpg
    Cessna 195.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hey guys I've been able to mix and match the above information, and get a slow start on this project (I'm gearing up for winter "computer modeling" mode) I certainly won't turn down any other interesting information, pictures etc.

Thanks

Junkboy, the same buddy that has the 195 also has a Luscombe...they are a nice looking little plane (and very agile in the air)

Last edited:
Work has begun on the 195 project. I've got a very rough start on the fuse, and did a layout of the glass to see if everything is falling in the correct spot and looking correct. Later on I will round all the corners on the glass as well.

Attachments

• Cessna 195 1.jpg
    Cessna 195 1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Cessna 195 2.jpg
    Cessna 195 2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 17
The Cessna 195 is another of my all time favorite aircraft so I am thrilled to see it being modeled. :)

A little more progress to report. The addition of the cowl was certainly needed, being such a prominent feature of the 195. Again things are just "roughed in" at this point. For example the cowl is still missing the lower air scoop.

Kmot: I'm glad to read that you also find this aircraft interesting. I was a bit shocked not to see it modeled already!

Attachments

• Cessna 195 3.jpg
    Cessna 195 3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Cessna 195 4.jpg
    Cessna 195 4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Cessna 195 5.jpg
    Cessna 195 5.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 19
Looking fantastic :D Your "roughed in" always looks better than my "finished product"! I'll look forward to flying this bird, I wasn't familiar with the 195 before but she has beautiful lines.

After a 3-month "vacation" I've got a new project of my own underway. Hard to believe how much I've managed to forget of what I've learned, in that time :( I'll post up a thread if it ever starts looking like a plane.

DH

This is going to be a sweet model, I can tell already! Great start, lovely lines on that one.

Griff
twoelven

Nothing too major to report....but figured I'd update the thread.

I've added the lower cowl / chin scoop, spinner, wheel pants, radiused all the window corners.....and generally just cleaned up / smoothed out the model some more.

Things to do: tail gear, control surfaces, nav. lights, exhaust, antennas, etc. and some sort of interior.

Thanks for the kind words DH, but you can't fool me....I've seen your excellent work.

Edit: I've also found myself struggling to get back in the groove of modeling. It's been so long since I've done any modeling.....but I've had to bug to start doing it for a while again. This was / is a pretty simple model to get back in the swing of things.

Attachments

• Cessna 195 6.jpg
    Cessna 195 6.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Cessna 195 7.jpg
    Cessna 195 7.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Cessna 195 8.jpg
    Cessna 195 8.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back