Custom AP Objects Repository

Maj. Numbskully

Custom Ap Objects Repository Only

Not sure just how well this'll fly (no pun intended) but I figured it was worth a try
You know..."Nothing ventured nothing gained'' In case some of you talented 3D modelers would like to share any KEX files of Custom Airport Objects for forum members to Download and use in their custom Airports

This thread is for POSTING and Downloading Zipped KEX RFX Custom Airport Object files ONLY. Large files may be renamed as an RFX to allow posting, but please note the name change in your comments.

To REQUEST a Custom Airport Object or ASK any Questions Please post your QUESTION/REQUEST HERE:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?p=171410#post171410

To find more Custom AP Objects that are not Here in the Repository please see post#10 below

NOTE to RF users/forum members who DL and use any file from this repository in one of your Custom APs .....It is customary and only Fair to give credit where credit is due ...Please Acknowledge the Custom Airport Object's Creator when ever you use their object in one of your Custom APs , If you post that AP at the Swap Page.

How to download and open a .zip.RFX file from this thread

NOTE: unless you have previously done so .....Make SURE that in the Windows “Folder Options" (in the Control Panel) to
Show all file extensions , they are hidden in Windows by Default (in Folder Options under "View" UN-check : "Hide extensions for known file types" )

1) Click the .zip.RFX file in the post that contains the Object file you wish to DL.... some browsers will only let you DL a php Att. when you do this .......if yours does ...right click the file instead and choose "Save link as"

2) If you are using G5 save the file in this location:
My Documents\RealFlightG5\Scenery\AirportObjects
OR If you are using G4.0/4.5 save the file to this location:
My Documents\RealFlightG4\Scenery\AirportObjects

3) Then depending on what version you are using GO TO the: My Documents\RealFlightG5\Scenery\AirportObjects folder
OR: My Documents\RealFlightG4\Scenery\AirportObjects folder

Look for a .zip.RFX file with the same name as the object that you DL’d and Saved
It will look like this example: ?Objectname.zip.RFX

4) Then right Click the file and choose “RENAME”

5) Change the name by removing the last part of the extension (.RFX)
So that is looks like this : ?Objectname.zip
Doing this will change the file into a conventional .zip folder

6) Then un-zip(extract) the file by Right clicking the zipped folder once and choose
“Extract All” this will open the Extraction Wizard .....click “NEXT" ...then click “Next” again ...and then click “FINISH”
Your new AP Object should Appear in the RF AP Editor’s “Object Pallet” for use in any AP you wish

If this takes off (ok this time the pun was intended ) maybe it can also be made into a sticky (thanks dhk79 for your help)

Last edited:
Here I'll start the ball off rolling... Err flying.

These are my non-static T-34 objects. The files have been renamed with RFX extensions to allow them to be posted. Remove the ".RFX" and unzip the files to My Documents\RealFlight G5\Scenery\AirportObjects.

When you use these, don't forget to give them some altitude. Especially the dodging one, or you'll find it diving into the ground.

Attachments

• Dodging T-34.zip.RFX
    911.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Orbiting T-34.zip.RFX
    911.2 KB · Views: 60
  • realflightranch-t-34orbit_157771.jpg
    realflightranch-t-34orbit_157771.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 84
I've recieved a special request to create some static military aircraft for use in a custom airport. So I have converted six of my planes into dynamic objects (you can crash into them).

The files have been renamed with RFX extensions to allow them to be posted. Remove the ".RFX" and unzip the files to My Documents\RealFlight G5\Scenery\AirportObjects.

Note that these first two have high-resolution bitmaps, they will take a while for the DDS files to be created the first time they are used.

Attachments

• Static A-4.zip.RFX
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
  • ta-4jskyhawk85523.jpg
    ta-4jskyhawk85523.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Static C-5.zip.RFX
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • c-5galaxy65666.jpg
    c-5galaxy65666.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Again the files have been renamed with RFX extensions to allow them to be posted. Remove the ".RFX" and unzip the files to My Documents\RealFlight G5\Scenery\AirportObjects.

Attachments

• Static F-4.zip.RFX
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • f-4bphantom48675.jpg
    f-4bphantom48675.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Static F-8.zip.RFX
    176 KB · Views: 28
  • f-882284.jpg
    f-882284.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 12
Once again the files have been renamed with RFX extensions to allow them to be posted. Remove the ".RFX" and unzip the files to My Documents\RealFlight G5\Scenery\AirportObjects.

Attachments

• Static F-16.zip.RFX
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • f-16aviper91474.jpg
    f-16aviper91474.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Static T-38.zip.RFX
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • t-38talon32566.jpg
    t-38talon32566.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 13
Alright, I guess I should add a couple of show planes too. Same installation instructions apply.

Attachments

• Static Blue Angel.zip.RFX
    962.7 KB · Views: 35
  • blueangel694676.jpg
    blueangel694676.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Static Thunderbird.zip.RFX
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • t-38thunderbird18745.jpg
    t-38thunderbird18745.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
Having problems downloading or opening .zip.RFX files from this thread? See Instructions in post #1

Last edited:
Here's the requested Tiger Tank.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 38
  • TigerTank.zip.RFX
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
More Custom AP Objects....

If you go to the Swap Page and type in the Search: Airport Objects
( I tried ....but I can't post a link :confused: )
It will show you a list of AP's that contain Custom AP Objects within them
(Some that are not here in the Repository)
DL and Import the AP (in the usual manner) that has an object in it that you would like to use elsewhere
If you click on the blue file name it will show you in the files description the Custom AP Objects included in that AP (and may even show them in the preview or thumbnail)
It will also give information if certain Versions(G?) , Add-ons or Ex.Packs are required
Once you DL and import the AP the Custom AP Object will show in the AP editor's Object Pallet for you to use in any AP you want. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for usefull instructions for downloading and opening files from here. I have some custom airport objects I would like to contribute but don't know how to post them, with pictures. Thanks

Hey Helihemi

Here is that modern Tower. It is the New one at Edinburgh Scotland.

It is a ZIP file. Take the " . RFX " off the end of the name. Unzip it and place both the .kex and the TGA file in to the same folder and use the instruction that Maj Numb post in the first post.

Attachments

• Tower04.jpg
    Tower04.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Edinburg Tower.rar.RFX
    501.9 KB · Views: 65
Dumb question. If we go to: simulation/manage user files/ airport objects, the Copy and Export are grayed out, Why? Is this something that has gotten broken or has it always been like that? That seems like the perfect place to export a custom airport object from, airplanes and airports work.

Last edited:
td9cowboy said:
Dumb question. If we go to: simulation/manage user files/ airport objects, the Copy and Export are grayed out, Why? Is something that has gotten broken or has it always been like that? That seems like the perfect place to export a custom airport object from, airplanes and airports work.
There has never been an official way to export airport objects, only whole airports. However knowledge of what RF actually does with its files has allowed us to circumvent that restriction. Hence this thread.

Looks nice Junkboy999, but of course I'm having problems un-ziping it to airport objects, but I'm working on it. It comes up in my Documents/Realflight G5/Scenery/Airportobjects as Edinburg_tower.rar File with ono KEX or tga File. I tried another plane and it worked. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Yes it is an WinRar Archive. ( a compressed file.) Windows XP serv pack 2 + should be able to open them. Right click on it ( don't Double click ) you should see an option for open, or extract. Use that and place the two files in to a Temp folder or on your desktop. . In RF use the Import and import a KEX option and tell RF where your temp folder is. Or your desktop. Use all default option for RF setting.

Any one want a Plywood cut out of your self ? For a RF airport object

Check this one out. It is called Fat Guy. .

All I need is a good Posed Picture with no shadow across them.

Attachments

• FATGUY.JPG
    FATGUY.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 61
  • FATGUY2.JPG
    FATGUY2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back