Prop-less Osprey!

skadee

Hi everyone,

Yep, I'm a noob, but I love the fact that good people are making great custom planes!

I'm having a problem with a couple of planes, I'd like to fly the Large Scale V-22 Osprey, but it only shows up without prop blades!

I do have the required EA file for the V-22 Osprey, and the following errors show when the EA is loaded (yes, some do repeat):

Plane file refers to missing Component Frame '~CS_B_Door'
Fuselage Component Rear Btm Door has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent
Fuselage Component Engine Pods has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent
Fuselage Component Fuselage has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent
Fuselage Component Engine Pods has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent
Fuselage Component Fuselage has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent
Fuselage Component Rear Btm Door has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent
Fuselage Component Rear Top Door has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent

If I load the large scale variant, I get the same errors. The EA plane, it flies just fine. The LS variant does fly, but acts as though the engines are rotated vertically (but they only show that they are horizontal - and without props).

This is the EA:
https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10154

This is the LS Variant:
https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10265

I'd really like to fly this LS plane, any ideas? I'm running G5.5.

Thanks!
Dan

Attachments

• LS Osprey.jpg
    LS Osprey.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 14
errr. it's a AV of inkys EA he does not have them mixed up!! (take the bet cowpig)
looks like someone forgot to change the prop diameter.......easy fix

Last edited:
no hes trying to import inkys EA and an AV for it but there is a file conflict with 5.5s version
he didn't get anything mixed up .................RF did !!

The files will interfer.

Shortly after G4 came out, KE asked me to rename my Seawind (which had been released for G3) because it had the same name as what was internal in G4.

This is the same situation. The EA for G4 has the same name as the stock G5 aircraft.

but looking at the links provided they do match mikey!
I don't have 5.5 so I have to ask which do you guys think is better 5.5's or inkys......I really liked inkys kinda sucks that you can't use Inky's (or the Coast guard CS that I made for it) in 5.5
which leads me to another thing I've been wondering but have not asked................can you still use the G4 P-51 and it CSs in 5.5?

Can't you just change the file name in the place you downloaded it to before importing? I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Of course they don't match the 5.5 version
but the OP never mentioned anything about 5.5s version
he was asking about inkys EA and an AV for inkys
just because he is/was not aware of a conflict does not mean that HE had things mixed up
again RF did (unbeknown to him)
he knew exactly what 2 files he was talking about

I know the 5/5.5 P-51 is different thats why I'm asking.....

Last edited:
Edit the files. They are just text, you just have to know what you are doing. If I remember correctly there are nine places where the name occurs.

Here, these files will not interfer with G5 (in fact they are G5 exports).

Nothing has been changed but the name. It is now an Osprey V-22, rather than a V-22 Osprey.

Note: I will not post these files to the swap pages, the original EA creator Mark (Inky00) and then the other add-on creators may update their files if they wish to do so. If you want any of the other AVs or CSs for your use, I will tell you how to make them work with this EA.

Attachments

• Osprey v-22_EA.RFX
    6.9 MB · Views: 7
  • Osprey V-22 Large Scale_AV.RFX
    39.6 KB · Views: 4
Since it is included in the KEMax sample files, it can be made available. What's it worth to you :D

Just that I spent alot of time making the jelly belly CS and everyone seemed to like it
kind of a shame thats its now almost useless as well as all the other nice CSs that others have made for it
I think a remake of the jelly belly CS for the 5.5 version is the first thing I'm gonna do when I upgrade...Ive already had several people ask me to since 5 came out

but you can still use it on the Reno racer Rick delton aka thegibson aka ?
made from that sample file right??(I made a jelly belly CS for it also)
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/9609

Last edited:
The stock G4 P-51D files exported for G5. This is the only stock aircraft other than the Nexstar that this is possible for.

Attachments

• G4 P-51D Mustang_EA.RFX
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
  • Old Boy_CS.RFX
    4.8 MB · Views: 4
One Jelly Belly coming up.

Attachments

• Numbskully's Jelly Belly_CS.RFX
    4.6 MB · Views: 12
Back