What model would you like to see?

jeffpn

Yesterday, I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if we got the 3 best modelers (3D, Colorscheme, Physics) to go in on making a model together.

If the group is interested, let's do this: in this thread, submit who you think is the best at what they do. For example, I think the best member for physics is dhk79, and the best at CS is Maj. Numbskully.

Add your submissions to this thread for any or all of the 3 different parts of the model as listed above.

I'll take the results of this thread, and start 3 polls listing at most the top 5 votegetters for the categories.

We'll also, as a group, collaborate on which model should be built. That will be done after we determine the 3 people to make the model. We'll submit 3 different model ideas (with 3-views and specs, of course ;)) and let them decide, with or without informing us, which model they elect to build.

General Rules:
To vote for a modeler, you must have a join date prior to today (11-30-2010). This is to prevent people from voting twice, using a new identity. Only one vote per member, for each category, 3D model, AV, and CS.

Voting for yourself is acceptable, for 1 category.

Individual voters must not vote the same person for more than one category. Different voters may vote for the same person in different categories. In other words, one person may vote one person for the 3D model, but another person may vote the same person for CS. The final choice will be 3 different people.

The top vote getters must obviously agree to do the model. Runners up will be requested, by vote count, to fill in for anyone not interested in the project.

I'll take submissions in this thread until Fri Dec. 3rd, 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

At that time, I'll post 3 polls using no more than the 5 top votegetters for each category. That poll will be open until Tues Dec 7, 2010 8PM EST.

On or about Wed, Dec 8, we'll start to determine, as a group, which models we'd like to see.

More dates will be determined at a later date, based on member interest in this idea. All dates are subject to change if we have enough votes to move forward to the next step.

So what are your ideas? Which 3 people would you like to see do a model, each contributing one part?

Last edited:
Jeff, your examples have practically no competition, so they get my vote. ;) Now modeling-mwilson914. I pick him because of his innovative skills like the HUD.

And here is my suggestion for the model in advance (because the chosen are top-notch): B-36 FICON
With matching F-84F Thunderstreak (but that can be made as a seperate aircraft and by someone else). :)

Attachments

• ficon_04a.JPG
    ficon_04a.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Edd said:
Gee Bee model Y, Giant Scale.

I didn't know any of the modeling, physics or color scheme guy's were named (Gee Bee model Y) :rolleyes:

Edit: Edd and Cowpig, re-read Jeff's OP.

He's not asking for model suggestions as of right now, and even if he was you did not provide the required information. 3 View etc.

Vote on the builders first, that's the way it read to me.

Last edited:
I think you should allow some room for flight testing... but I recommend using more than one flight tester... sounds like an uber plane. :D

maxx2504 for the modelers
Maj and twoeleven both have my vote for CS guys.
Physics would go to DrMoo.

One of the rarest things that a man ever does, is to do the best he can...DH seems to want to prove me wrong with his work every time.

Quality should always win over quantity, IMO.

DirtyHarry3033 for modeler

If someone can wake him up from his deep winter's sleep, my personal favorite 3D models are from the dirty and hairy one.

Special recognition is owed to mwilson in this regard, Matt appears to also be out to prove this wrong, KUDOS to him and his work as well, but I can only cast one vote...

Griff
twoeleven

Well, I think twoeleven for CS, just over the maj. For 3D Model probably mwilson, just over Flexible. And physics Dr. Moo. I think this is a great idea on your part Jeff. The finished project will be epic no matter what the model is.

bmz_loop said:
The finished project will be epic no matter what the model is.
Hard to disagree. Does this mean we have to get a minimum aircraft level of difficulty of 'epic'?
My OFFICIAL votes:
Modeler-mwilson914
CS-Maj.
Physics-dhk79

Make it difficult will you,

All of those mentioned are great at what they like to do. I don't know everyone so with that said here is my two cents.

CS Skully Hands down
build Dhk79
physics Dr Mooo

Now you know how much I know about people? I think you are all Great to do what you do as well as you do it.

Jeff your last build is great and it was a hard choice. Hope to see you as a finalist as well.

Oops!

I had my inlaws over last night, and did not get the polls started for voting for your favorite 3D model artist, CS artist, and AV guru. So, when I get home today, I'll make those threads. Last call for your nominations using this thread!

Back