Self design

Boof69

I started doing a 3d doodle this morning and liked where it was going. I don't have a name yet or even an idea of a name. It's obviously going to be a pusher and I think I'll add simple long retracts. The colors are temporary and it's not in RF yet. I think it should fly but how I'm not sure. Fast, slow, agile, just not sure yet. I am taking name suggestions. I realize this will open me up to many sarcastic responses.

Attachments

• Unnamed.jpg
    Unnamed.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 20
  • Unnamed_001.jpg
    Unnamed_001.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Unnamed_002.jpg
    Unnamed_002.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Unnamed_003.jpg
    Unnamed_003.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 18
Dirt Pusher, Ground Intercepter or Daisy Cutter have my vote.

Sorry, I had to think of something. How about the Boof-o-matic?

To be more serious and boring like I usually am, I would call it the P-01 since It's your first pusher prop design. Like I said, I am boring when it comes to serious names.

I don't like to make anything less than a 4' wing span but how much larger I'm not sure. What do you think?

My two cents, that you did not ask for. add the spolers to the top side of the wing tips, so it can slow down more when landing, without doing cart wheels. Remove the shapes behind the pusher, as that is just weight, and this thing is going to be pushing tail heavy. Strighten out the elevator hinge line, and increase the elevator area, so the elevator controll does not get weak at slow speeds. I guess that was more than two cents, hehe.
2000 ma / 4000 ma in the very nose, to help the C/G.
VAMPIRE!

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 10
I might add to what's been offered. Leave it red, give it some speed and call it
"B-69 Firefly". A little flaming trim wouldn't hurt either. Don't see good flames much on planes these days.

Mike

flexible said:
My two cents, that you did not ask for. add the spolers to the top side of the wing tips, so it can slow down more when landing, without doing cart wheels. Remove the shapes behind the pusher, as that is just weight, and this thing is going to be pushing tail heavy. Strighten out the elevator hinge line, and increase the elevator area, so the elevator controll does not get weak at slow speeds. I guess that was more than two cents, hehe.
2000 ma / 4000 ma in the very nose, to help the C/G.
VAMPIRE!
I'll take a look at your suggestions. Was "Vampire" a name suggestion or a turrets outbreak? :D

This concept reminded me of something and I just realized what...
Anybody seen the aircraft in the Tron movie? Freakin' awesome. Might make a good project.

Attachments

• Tron Air 01.jpg
    Tron Air 01.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 31
The name.
Riley Wooten kitted a Vampire controll line combat, back about 1970, had white foam, covered with white poster board, useing white glue.

Back