Heli-Max 1SQ Quadcopter

Boof69

I started work on this one this morning. It should be a quick little project.
I making this because I just recently bought this little guy and it's so much fun that I thought it would be neat in the sim. 3axis gyro system and powerful motors for it's size makes it a very stable model to fly and it's quick. Plus since it is so small mass is low and it can take a beating. Anyways this should be fun. Modeling is finished. I've started on the mapping. Should be in the sim today.

Attachments

• A1d-1SQ-Quadcopter.jpg
    A1d-1SQ-Quadcopter.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 42
  • hmxe0834bs01-lg.jpg
    hmxe0834bs01-lg.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Render1.jpg
    Render1.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Render2.jpg
    Render2.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Render3.jpg
    Render3.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 36
This little quad is set up but it has some odd tendencies. Maybe someone with a better sense of adjusting gyros could help me double team this one.
The weight is set correctly by the reported weight in the manual. The motors are a bit of a guess though. 9990 KV, Amps are .20 and Ohms are .20 and they are turning 4 2.3x8 props (APC Sport).
The odd tendency is pushing forward on the elevator the machine drops pulling backward it climbs. Also while using yaw all four motors will suddenly get a burst of power and the whole thing climbs.
I'm pretty sure it's all in the three gyros parameters, but the right settings are illusive so far.

Here's an EA to play with.

EDIT: This is a new EA. I made some changes to the CG and the prop pitch and it flies a bit better but the same idiosyncrasies are there.

Attachments

• Heli MAX 1SQ QuadCopter_EA.RFX
    275.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hello?
Just_Cuz_06.gif

Howdy. Just getting home and downloading it. But I won't be able to help with the gyro stuff. I just want to check out the cool new toy. :)

I just gave it a try. Wow is it sensitive in terms of the difference between what will hover and what will take off for the moon. And it is definitely made worse by the factor you mentioned.

Idea

I have no clue how to model! Just an idea. The Gaui 330X is in the RF Sim. Could looking at the physics on it help establish a refernce point for this model? Looking at how it is setup might help understand why it is reacting the way it does. Like I said...just an idea.

I based the physics off of the gaui. The problems are happening because if the miniaturization of this model.

It may be due to weight issues. I know that KE defaults electronic components at a certain weight. It will account for servo and Rx weight but they are generally for full-sized aircraft. With something this small the weight of the fuselage component may have to be set abnormally low. I typically do this as servos are for full-size servos and I typically use 9g servos in my real models. Rxs for this size weight next to nothing compared to a full Rx with antenna.

I downloaded it, but for some reason, it did not install the motor and battery data with the model, so I got default stuff, I am trying to mimic what you had, but so far no luck

Back