Hangar 9 Tribute 36

abaser

With the recent discussion about wings 3D and max giving people issues in the transfer between the two, I started playing around trying to see if I could replicate the results that Jeff and other veterans are getting with no visible errors. I personally had not been able to before. I managed a few rough objects and decided to give a full detailed model a try. I wont be doing much with this one right now as I have another in the works, and dont want to get too side tracked.

Anyway, here is the Hangar 9 Tribute 36. Its a fairly simple model since its a profile fuselage, but I plan to put in as much detail as I possibly can for the sole purpose of having more polys to show any possible errors. Ive only got about 45 minutes into this one so far, but most of the main model is done. All that remains are ailerons and h stab.

There are no 3 views that I could find, so the majority is going by eye only. And yes, I know there is a nice model of this one already from the 3.5 days, so this one may end up being for personal use if its not any better.

Attachments

• ScreenShot027.jpg
    ScreenShot027.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot028.jpg
    ScreenShot028.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 10
Ok, here is the last progress shot until I finish the SG-38.

Polys are currently at 2360. Without the wheels (which I got carried away on) poly count is 710. Ill reduce the wheels later as Im going to shoot for a ton of detail on this model, and hopefully stay under the 8k mark.

Attachments

• ScreenShot029.jpg
    ScreenShot029.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 9
After going over my other build for a while, I decided to take a short break from it and do a little more on this one. Ive added a motor (graciously donated by Jeffpn), fuel tank, tail gear, SFGs, and a bit of tidying up on rough geometry. Ive said goodbye to my 8000 poly goal about 2000 polys ago.......most of which are in the motor and wheels. Anyway, here are a couple progress shots.

Attachments

• ScreenShot042.jpg
    ScreenShot042.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot043.jpg
    ScreenShot043.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot045.jpg
    ScreenShot045.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot044.jpg
    ScreenShot044.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 11
When I first started modeling, it seemed a nice plane just had the main parts of the model. I've personally watched the models here become so detail inclusive that a nice model then would now be considered an ok first model.

And its mapped. Only need to reverse the mirroring and line things up.

Attachments

• ScreenShot046.jpg
    ScreenShot046.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 9
Got the renderer setup, so here are a few test renders. Note the detail Jeff put into this motor.

Attachments

• tribute_01.png
    tribute_01.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
  • tribute_02.png
    tribute_02.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 8
  • tribute_03.png
    tribute_03.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 13
  • tribute_04.png
    tribute_04.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 8
What file? I don't remember parts of it, like the throttle lever. The head looks different, too. I was probably drunk. Or maybe I am now. Or both!!

Well, I have a folder of your files and such that you have sent me. There is a file that just says .60 engine.wings. If you didnt make it, maybe its another file that got moved in the botched backup.

OK, false credit has been given. Thanks to Junkboy for the motor. I just wish I knew where I got it. the file I have has a few added parts like a pushrod for the throttle, a spinner, and fuel tubing coming from an imaginary fuel tank.

Mapping of current parts is complete. Now to add servos, linkages, wires, fuel tubing, and a few other details if polys allow.

Attachments

• ScreenShot048.jpg
    ScreenShot048.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 10
A couple quick CS renders.

Attachments

• tribute_01.png
    tribute_01.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 16
  • tribute_02.png
    tribute_02.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 12