text missing from sceen

tunerfish

It used to be there and now anytime a message box shows up, there is no text. Additionally, i cannot see the airplane names or any of the text within the menu selection boxes. Any ides? I tried resetting defaults and even uninstalling and re installing.

Did you install realflight to your boot drive? It may be that if you installed it on a drive other than (C) that RF cannot find the files it needs. Just a stab in the dark though. Tech support is probably your best bet. I have never seen your issue before.:confused:

I installed RF on my D drive, C drive being my boot drive.b My libraries are also on the D drive.

on the c:. It worked for a while. Last thing i did was watch some of the tutorials( never hurts to get tips from the pro:)). Now no text.

Uninstalled...reboot...reinstalled...no luck.

Checked ActiveX (currently 11)...no luck.

Called tech and they told me is my pc. This seems to be the only problem with my pc.

Thanks for the suggestions all and if anyone can think of anything else i should try...please advise.

Well, did you install the DirectX 9.0c on the Real Flight installation disc? Probably not your problem, but some people think too much and skip that step.

Tech support owes you a solution. Call them.

Hey Jeff, I did when re-installing. It went through the installation and said it was complete. I'm running the update to 6.5...again but last time completing this over the weekend. I got the same issues.

Its odd, i can fly but I cant tell model names nor can i see the interlink message that pops up at start up...weird.

It's a weird problem. Please post when you get a solution, if it's not already posted here.

This is certainly a new one! tunerfish, can you please provide some more information about exactly where you see this problem and where you don't? From what you said, I can't tell if you mean the same things we do with some of the terminology you used.

For example, you mentioned message boxes, but I don't know precisely what you mean by that.

You also mentioned aircraft names and other text in menu selection boxes. Can you explain in more detail exactly where you mean? I don't know if they're missing from the aircraft/airport quick select menus (available via gadget tabs), or from the full MFC aircraft/airport selection dialogs (available via main menu). Feel free to add a bunch more screenshots. It might help. And if you need more clarification from me first in order to answer these questions, just ask.

The one screenshot you did add looks pretty blurry, but I don't know if that's just because it's a low resolution image or if it actually accurately reflects what you're seeing in the sim. What kind of graphics card do you have?

I'm having the same problem with my RF 6.5. It's when I use the pop up menu on the left side of the screen.

Last edited:
Here is a screen grab and yes it is blurry on my screen too.

Attachments

• Real Flight.jpg
    Real Flight.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 35
It'd be a good idea for you to provide the information requested in this thread. Otherwise, it's a bit like telling your mechanic your car is acting funny, but you didn't even tell him what kind of car it is or show it to him!! :eek:

Last edited:
This is certainly a new one! tunerfish, can you please provide some more information about exactly where you see this problem and where you don't?

Sorry for the delay. Anywhere that text used to be has no text. If i select physics or graphics, the text for the selection settings is not there.

Back