Supported controllers

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
RealFlight 8 is offered in two editions: with the InterLink-X, and as software only. This may leave people wondering which controllers are supported.

The official list is as follows:
  • InterLink-X
  • InterLink Elite
  • RealFlight Wired Interface
  • RealFlight SLT Wireless Interface
  • USB joysticks/game controllers
Even though it is not packaged with the wired or wireless interface, they are still available separately and are fully supported.

The InterLink Plus is not officially supported. The situation is exactly the same as in 7.5 and RF-X: we do not factor it into our design/development decisions or testing at all, and while we do not intentionally break it, we make no guarantees whatsoever about its performance now or in the future. I will say that as far as I know, it will work at the same level in RF8 as it did in 7.5.

This is great you are supporting generic USB controllers. I assume I will still need my Interlink Elite plugged for verification. I have an OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 wireless controller that is supported by the other sims and it will be nice to use it now on RF-8 with my DX9.

I put a copy of RF-8 on preorder/backorder at Tower Hobbies using discount codes and credits.

It would be awesome if there were a driver available for WIN10 that my old but like new Interlink Controller by Futaba will work with. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

My Futaba Interlink works fine under Win10. I don't think it loaded the driver correctly when I plugged it into a USB3 controller. But plugging it into a USB2 controller worked fine. It didn't really make sense, but now that the driver is loaded it works connected to either controller.

Mine works fine also (Win 10 Pro). It's plugged into a USB hub that is plugged into a USB 3 port.

Whatever happened with mine, plugging it into a USB2 port seemed to allow the driver to load properly. And now that the driver is loaded, I can plug it into any USB port. Maybe some incompatibility between my PC's USB3 port & the USB2 interlink? USB2 connected to USB3 port is supposed to be seamless, but that didn't seem to be true with my old interlink & my HP Z420 workstation. It was the only time I've had any trouble with a USB2 device. Maybe I forgot to stick my tongue out when I plugged it in? :p

I've had no problems using Interlink Plus, mainly for helicopters. If you've been purchasing upgrades for many years, you end up having the oldest controller of most anybody.

Back