Aircraft Select Screen Trouble

JHughes

Aircraft Select Screen Trouble [SOLVED]

Hello,

I just submitted this as a trouble report but I didn't include any system details, so here's the backup report.

Windows 10 X64
Latest beta of RF8
Spektrum DX6e Transmitter
Spektrum WS1000 Wireless Receiver USB Dongle

Strange problem, when I open the Aircraft Select... screen, the cursor selects an aircraft and starts scrolling up, which makes it hard to select anything.

The only other pointing device connected is my mouse. No autoscrolling happens in the other screens I've looked at, though I haven't checked them all.

Thank you.

Last edited:
From the Welcome Screen, all three:

Choose a Scenario
Select an Aircraft
Select a Flying Site

Have the scrolling bug for me.

I heard from support, they suggested a couple of things that I had already tried.

If no one else has this problem all I can think to do is uninstall and reinstall. RF8 does CTD sometimes anyway.

It would be Interesting to hear what Support suggested.
If you share what they suggested so far, It may spark some new ideas. Process of elimination.
Usually their really good at figuring things out,
Especially if you Call them by Phone, and Speak with them, "One On One"/"Real Time".

When a solution Is found it may be helpful to others, if you share it.

Last edited:
What radio profile is selected in the Select Controller dialog for your WS1000? See attached image #1 if you're not sure what I mean.

For a device that is recognized as a game controller (which is how the WS1000 appears), RF8 allows you to map UI navigation signals to input channels of your choosing. That means the Select, Cancel, Up, and Down inputs that were previously only available for the InterLink Elite or InterLink-X can now be connected to buttons and switches on other controllers. (See attached image #2.) This expanded functionality is a good thing! It does make it possible for those UI inputs to be mapped in ways that are problematic if you don't carefully select and even edit your radio profile, though.

In your case, the problem is the Up button input (and likely one or more of the other UI button inputs as well) is mapped to a channel on your controller that is sending a constant "on" value, or perhaps is mapped to a channel that doesn't even exist on your controller.

I don't have direct experience using the DX6e with a WS1000, so I don't know how far selecting the built-in Spektrum radio profile will go toward solving your problem. It should at least provide a good starting point, after which you may need to further tweak the mapping and save a new profile for yourself.

Attachments

• Select controller - radio profile.png
    Select controller - radio profile.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Radio profile - UI buttons.png
    Radio profile - UI buttons.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 47
Thanks, I'll look at that stuff this evening and report my findings.

I am using the Spektrum profile but I should start with a new one.

Strange how I have this autoscrolling in some screens but not others though, since they should all respond to an Up input.

I can see why you'd think that, but it turns out only specific dialogs are set up to utilize those particular inputs. In fact, I may be missing something but I think it's the three Quick Select dialogs you mentioned earlier.

Problem Solved

Well, Ryan's picture held the clue. I had assigned "Up" to a slider. A non-existant slider. :)
But putting that "Up" into my Spektrum profile is what did it.

@adrenoline 60: The suggestions made by Tech Support probably wouldn't be too helpful to share. :eek:

Back