Cessna Citation Latitude Jet

Ok just tried black with a pure white alpha and now the shine is finally gone. Can you give me an example for chrome, like is it white w/grey alpha?

Hmmmm, that seems backwards, but hey, if it works........

I don't recall any of my settings really, but my Fantome has a chrome cowl if you want to DL it to see the tga. I believe I used nearly pure white with just a touch of grey in the alpha. Both were almost pure white if I'm remember correctly.

You can always save your _s.tga as 28bit. The alpha will be automatically considered all white and you can control the reflectivity on the RGB layers and the .colorscheme.

Allright I think I got it worked out. It seems like if I set up the alpha channels in photoshop it works correctly. I must be doing something wrong in Paintshop. So I will use Photoshop instead for now as a workaround.

I know it's posted on here somewhere, but rather than searching it was easier to just drop it here again.

Here's a short tutorial on Gloss and Specular properties of the _s.TGA files, that I made shortly after the capabilities were added to RF.

P.S. any changes made by the .colorscheme setting would be over-ridden by a _s.TGA file.

Attachments

• Glossiness Tutorial.pdf.rfx
    130.3 KB · Views: 11
Had a chance to do a little work on the cockpit details. Not sure how much detail I'm going to include but I realize that some of you like to fly from the cockpit view so I will try and give you something to look at. This little dash piece is only 110 triangles and I found a very high res pic of some citation gauges to put on it..

Oh and thanks DHK I will have a look at that link.

Attachments

• 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    474.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 21
I would think you could desaturate (I think that's what its called), where you remove all color except black and white, then apply that grey scale to your _n.tga.

Sounds like a plan to me! I still have to setup my bump mapping plug-in.

BTW my specular problem turned out to be from not saving as a 32bit TGA, I was set at 16bit, how stupid was that!! Its always some little detail that I get all screwed up on:eek:

Sounds like a plan to me! I still have to setup my bump mapping plug-in.

BTW my specular problem turned out to be from not saving as a 32bit TGA, I was set at 16bit, how stupid was that!! Its always some little detail that I get all screwed up on:eek:

I was going to ask that, but you mentioned in a reply to boof that you had a few choices, so I assumed you had checked. I guess that's another point about what happens when you A$$ume.

Back