F-111 build thread

.... is the ejecting cockpit with parachute still in the works...???

the ejecting cockpit is not in the works anymore. just the cutline in the fuselage for the detaching cockpit hosed the physics real bad. the unfolding of the chute looked Unnatural, the wiring set up was a head ache and the folding of the chute inside the cockpit was an even bigger head ache. I never even got to attempting the thrusters to detach it.

It seem like so many people are using the real life radios that does not even support 8 channels. the skyraider used every thing on the interlink-x 10+ (the trims had their own channels) and the f-111 uses the entire interlink-x and one more (but not the trims) and neither used the dual rates switch for its intended purpose. So am left wondering to my self do I build stuff that I like that uses the latest and greatest stuff (12 channels) or try and cater to the largest audience (people with 6+channel radios).

I have also been make stuff for myself in some off time. couple I could share a Beta of here (a 3d jet, XB-35, and some of my scratch designs). most are out of other sims so I am not super comfortable sharing at least not publicly

Here it is
Thanks I just grabbed it.

EDIT: I just tried it out it's definitely a fun flyer. I've often thought about making mine a twin engine but I like the F-35 look so I left it alone. Are you going to finish it out?

Last edited:
Thanks I just grabbed it.

EDIT: I just tried it out it's definitely a fun flyer. I've often thought about making mine a twin engine but I like the F-35 look so I left it alone. Are you going to finish it out?

yes I will release it once finished. I was still sorting the gear. I think I got mostly sorted. So I will finish the EF-111 and sort out the rest of the Sky Terror MK II.

I'd like to try the XB-35, Legoman.

here you go

Attachments

• XB-35 10_EA.RFX
    754.4 KB · Views: 13
Legoman Replied: "So am left wondering to my self do I build stuff that I like that uses the latest and greatest stuff (12 channels) or try and cater to the largest audience (people with 6+channel radios)."

My personal opinion is I hope you build stuff that uses the latest and greatest. I know the audience is smaller, but you have so much to offer pushing the envelope. I have learned from and enjoyed your offerings and have always been amazed at the techniques you come up with to solve deficiencies in the RF editor.

I say ... do your thing because you do it well .... Please !

Back