Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

I tried the 14x10 and it works about the same as the 16x8 so I think I'll use it. And it definitely helps the look of the plane. Here's two pictures with the 14x8 with the Master Airscrew Classic and my new Techair Sport.

Prop Compare 01.jpgProp Compare 02.jpg

Last edited:
I started working on the Techair Sport prop quite a while ago, but decided not to finish it, so it's been sitting for a while. I took a good look at it tonight and it needs quite a bit of fine tuning to clean it up from where I quit working on it. I like it and want to finish it but it will take some work to clean it up. I also have some work to do on the computer and the house so I may need to break off this project for a day or two to work on my real jobs. But I'll get back to it. I'm glad I took the release down today it only had 6 downloads and I figure that was probably you guys on the forum getting the release version. But I want both versions (glow and ep) to match so I needed to take it down. Being honest I had decided to not do the EP version but for some reason I started working on it and realized I shouldn't have released the Glow version until I did the EP version too.

HA. It always seems play takes preference to work, so I worked on the Techair Sport prop this morning. It needed a lot of little tweaks on the segments and the prop tip wasn't finished yet. So now the only thing I need to do is flip the blade to create the counterclockwise version. When you make a prop you make the clockwise version of the blade first and then mirror it to create the counterclockwise version. So the props about done.

I just finished the Techair Sport prop. I like it and it looks much better on the Pulse XT 60 EP version than the Master Airscrew Classic did, it just looked too large (too wide looking). I have a little 3D tweak to do to both the Glow and EP versions and then finish the EP flight physics. They're mostly done but need a minor tweak or two. Then I can release both of them at the same time.

Both the Glow and EP versions needed a small 3D modification and color scheme modification. I just finished that on the EP version, so now I'll go back and do the same thing to the Glow version. I'll also change the prop on the Glow version from the Master Airscrew Classic to my new Techair Sport prop. I like the way it looks on the Pulse XT 60. I still have the final physics tweaks to do to the EP version.

I went back tonight and made the small 3D and color scheme modifications to the Glow version. I also changed the prop to my new Techair Sport. So now both the Glow and EP versions are the same. The only thing I have left to do is the final tweaks to the EP physics, then I'll release both of them at the same time. It'll be interesting to see which one of them gets the most downloads, Glow or EP.

I finished the Pulse XT 60 EP physics tweaks so it looks like both the Glow and EP versions are ready to release. I'll play with them a little while to make sure and then release both of them at the same time. Like I said, it will be interesting to see which one gets the most downloads.

I still model my planes using the RF 9.5 DVD version, and then import them in EVO to release them. But I don't test them much in EVO. But this time I figured I better import them in EVO and test them for a bit to be sure both the Glow and EP versions work correctly. So this morning I imported both in EVO and will fly them for a bit before I get them ready to release. I want to make sure the release goes smooth this time.

Check out these two 20 second videos and let me know what you think. One is a spin in RF EVO and the other is a spin in RF 9.5 DVD. The spin is like 2 or 3 times faster in RF 9.5 than EVO. I checked the settings in EVO Twice to make sure that Dual Rates were set to HI and I also made sure the Physics Settings were set to Realistic. I also checked to make sure the throw settings were correct using Quik Edit.

RF EVO SPIN

RF 9.5 DVD SPIN

Last edited:
Can somebody else please use the beta I released and test the spin in RF 9.5 and RF EVO and let me know what you see? The spin is like 2 or 3 times faster in RF 9.5 than EVO and I can't find out why. Thanks

Last edited:
So far I can't find out why the Pulse XT spins so much slower in EVO than 9.5 so I may just put this plane on the shelf and work on something else. I really don't want to release it this way and then find out later I could have fixed it, but it's been released (again). So I may just sit on it for a while and see if I find out something that will fix it later.

Technoid I do not have 9.5 DVD but I have RF8 and EVO. I checked it out on 8 and EVO with the same results you had. I have noticed on some of my AV's I get similar results. So I'm thinking this might not be your plane but something with the physics in EVO. Just wondering if Ryan Douglas would have some input on this. 🤔

Technoid I do not have 9.5 DVD but I have RF8 and EVO. I checked it out on 8 and EVO with the same results you had. I have noticed on some of my AV's I get similar results. So I'm thinking this might not be your plane but something with the physics in EVO. Just wondering if Ryan Douglas would have some input on this. 🤔
Thanks so much for checking this out for me. I have RF 7.5, RF 8, RF 9.5 DVD, RF EVO, and RF-X installed and was going to check it out in RF 8 today, but you did it for me, THANKS. And to me it was much better to hear that you had the same results in RF 8 because the test was done by a different person on a different machine, which makes it a better confirmation than me doing it here. So THANKS for checking it out.

And the fact you've seen similar results on your AV's makes me feel much better about going ahead and releasing it. So I guess I'll reconsider putting it on the shelf. Thanks for your test and your time it really helped me a lot.

I did send @Jeremy Babbar-Sebens a PM explaining this and asking him for his thoughts on it, since it's a difference between RF EVO and RF 9.5 DVD (which I'm sure is the same as RF 9.5S). Hopefully I'll hear something back from him about it.

EDIT: I just went back to the PM I sent Jeremy and also added @Ryan Douglas since this seems to be a real difference between RF EVO and RF 9.5.

Last edited:
I was playing around with the Techair Sport prop trying to make it little blacker looking, but still have a little sheen on it and ran into this explanation about baked on colors in the 3ds Max material editor.

A material's glossiness (or dullness) depends on the size and intensity of its specular highlight. In the Material Editor, the Glossiness spinner affects the size of the specular area, and the Specular Level spinner affects the intensity of the glossiness.

At first the prop was SPEC 20 GLOSS 30, but the black looked a bit washed out. So I changed it to SPEC 10 GLOSS 30 and the black got a little darker but still with enough sheen to look nice. So I guess I'll make that a permanent change (it was in a temp file for the test).

First picture ORIGINAL SETTINGS. Second picture MODIFIED SETTINGS

Techair Sport 20 30.jpgTechair Sport 10 30.jpg

I went back and made the changes in my test to the real Techair Sport and it definitely looks better to me. So if there's nothing wrong with the Pulse XT 60, speaking about the slow spin speed in RF EVO, then both versions are ready to release. I'll give the RF guys a little time to see if they'll chime in about the spin speed problem.

i have noticed this kind of physics differences between some versions of Realflight over the years so to me it is not unexpected , if that helps :)
Well, you taught me RF Physics, so yes what you say helps. I guess I can increase the rudder throw some to make EVO spin better, since it's the newest version and what most people will be using I guess. Thanks for chiming in on this.

I haven't heard anything from the RealFlight admins so I guess I'll have to release it the way it is. I went back tonight and played with the rudder throw to see what it took to speed up the spin speed in EVO. I had to go up from 35 to 45 to get the Pulse XT 60 to spin the same speed in EVO as it did in 9.5 with it at 35. So @rcdoski can you test the Pulse XT 60 in EVO and see if setting the rudder to 45 degress makes your spin speed the same as in your RF8 at 35? It seemed about the same at 44 and 45 but I figured to be sure I should use 45. So let me know how it works for you, thanks.

OK, I went in and changed the rudder from 35 to 45 degrees in EVO, it helped get it closer to what you see in RF8. It had the spinn close but it seemed to fall a little faster than what you see in RF8. So out of curiosity then tried increasing the elevator from 25 to 28 then I tried 30 and 30 seemed very close to what you see in RF8. Then I went back to RF8 and tried the 45 degrees rudder and 30 degrees elevator and it has a very nice spin in RF8. See what you think. I like it. Nice plane.

OK, I went in and changed the rudder from 35 to 45 degrees in EVO, it helped get it closer to what you see in RF8. It had the spinn close but it seemed to fall a little faster than what you see in RF8. So out of curiosity then tried increasing the elevator from 25 to 28 then I tried 30 and 30 seemed very close to what you see in RF8. Then I went back to RF8 and tried the 45 degrees rudder and 30 degrees elevator and it has a very nice spin in RF8. See what you think. I like it. Nice plane.
Thanks I'll give it a try and see what I think. But changing the elevator from 25 to 30 will make quite a bit of difference in normal flying, quite a bit more elevator sensitive. I'm not a 3D flyer so I notice those types of things a lot. But I'll let you know after I test it. Thanks for checking it out for me. And yeah I did notice the rate of decent difference but was more focused on the spin speed at the time.

Back