Realflight 7.5 with windows 11

Valkaner

Hello,
i read that there was a Problem with the Realflight evolution with Windows 11 and direct X

Does the old Realflight run on windows 11 or will there be an update?

Best regards

Nils

No issues with Windows itself...but....
Originally, Evolution (and most older versions) used DirectX 9. Some GPU's dropped support for it. And built-in graphics on newer Intel chips also would not run Evolution. Evolution has now been fixed to use DX 11, so those are no longer issues.
You may still run into them, though, when trying to use a DirectX 9 only version (like 7.5) with a GPU or CPU that doesn't support it anymore. So, a hardware incompatibility issue, and not a Windows issue. With any Nvidia brand GPU you will always be fine. But do not plan on any updates to make old versions run on hardware it can't currently run on.

Something must have been worked out because I just installed all my old versions including 4.5 - 5 and 7.5 , Evolution plus expansion packs on my new 13th gen i9 RTX4080 laptop, maybe it’s because I appointed the dedicated gpu to the app but I just stuck the disk in and let er rip.

Please direct me to where i need to go for help. I recently retired from teaching. I had RF 7.5 installed at school so the students and I could use it. We had a Aviation class on our campus. The box the disc came in did not make it home. maybe a janitor threw it away or it just got moved somewhere. I'm trying to set up on my desktop computer with a 32" screen and I need that code that is on the box i don't have. What do i do? Thanks.

@Cantland, that is quite unfortunate. You really do need both the serial numbers, the RealFlight serial from the DVD case and the controller serial (which presumably you have).

Did you register the software under your name? I don't know if you could provide sufficient evidence for RealFlight Product Support to potentially retrieve it, but that might be worth a try.

You could consider purchasing the software-only version of RealFlight Evolution. It sounds like you still have your controller, so you could save that cost at least.

Back